Can Dehydrated Urine be detected?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by hame, Jan 20, 2012.

1. hame

hame New Member

Hi all,
    Two days ago I subbed with TestClear human urine. Not the synthetic stuff. I used tap water that I had let sit overnight to hopefully evaporate any chlorine in the water. I haven't heard about any one doing this, but I figured it couldn't hurt. I was given privacy in the bathroom, whipped out my bottle poured it in the cup, checked the temp and was good to go. They accepted the sample, indicating on the paperwork that the temp was within range, I signed a few things and off I went. Now I wait. I don''t want to go into all the details but suffice it to say if I fail I am fucked.
    So Ive been twitching like a nervous leaf for 2 weeks now. I can't stand this feeling of impending doom. My question is, can labs detect whether the urine had been previously dehydrated? Or can they detect that tap water was used? I am truly buggin out here and I want some reassurance or just a straightforward answer.
    Anyone know? I will of course post the results when I know but in the meantime .....

2. dhug

dhug New Member

i used test clear at a hospital and had no problems - you should be good to go - it seems like some other people on this site used this also and it worked - but that still does not stop you from worring whatever you do dont ask about it no news is good news my employer never mentioned it and i just started work - i hope that is the last one i ever have to take good luck

3. hame

hame New Member

Well I got GREAT NEWS!! haha.. I passed. My life wasnt destroyed. TestClear works!

And I did ask... lol. I asked if my background and drug test came in yet, just curious... whatever. If you pass you pass right? Anxiety subsiding.

Thanks everyone

4. DrugTestDave

DrugTestDave Moderator

Glad to hear you passed! Try to abstain if this was for a job until you know more about the office culture where you are. If you just can't abstain or you're in a different scenario, I always recommend keeping something on hand to pass under emergency circumstances. Good for you and have a great weekend! :)

5. anonymous420user

anonymous420user New Member

Is there any difference in using tap water vs. bottled water for mixing TestClear? Is one better than the other?

6. Bixby

Bixby Active Member

Water Quality of Reconstituted Piss Sample

I don't remember what I used, the faucet or the filtered water from the refrigerator.

Either way you should be good to go. If it was otherwise, you would be reading about failures on this board and perhaps specific mixing advice from testclear.

I passed with testclear, I think you will too! :D :D

7. dudeman008

dudeman008 New Member

I am glad it worked for you. However I don't think allowing it to sit overnight is needed. I suppose I am overly cautious but water in urine will react with atmospheric carbon dioxide to form carbonic acid and therefore lowering pH. This probably is not a problem but could result in an invalid test sample if the pH were assayed using a test strip or similar device.

8. Skeerd1

Skeerd1 New Member

Was this a government job?