Can you smoke on Detox

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by Bill03590, Jul 14, 2008.

1. Bill03590

Bill03590 New Member

Ok the "Detox 7" packet takes 7 days to detox your body of most polutants and THC i believe. My question here is can you smoke for the first 3 or 4 days or whatever, pretty much will it work if your smoke on detox, will the last few days clear it out? Thank you

2. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

Smoking while taking a detox product will have no effect on what the Detox product does to the THC in your urine.

Because Detox drinks/pills/packets don't work or do anything to your urine, and they don't clean your system of THC.

If you're trying to get clean, the only things that will do it are abstinence and time.

3. blondie0420

blondie0420 Locks of Gold

Well it sounds like you're trying to get the THC out of your system, possibly for a drug test?

So, even if a detox patch/pill/magic solution really did work, why would you continue to add THC to your system when you're trying to get rid of it in the first place? That's like trying to get rid of a cold and then asking sick people to sneeze on you. :rolleyes:

2 people like this.
  4. Killerchron

Killerchron Get ya shine on

I don't agree at all with this. I used to take drug tests for a misdemeanor that I had when I was in high school. I smoked 1 week before I took the test and passed. During that week I took a a vitamin B-12 complex along with exercise and lots of water and a bit of cranberry juice.

The only actual Detox that I found that worked was "The Stuff" which they should sell at a smoothie king.

Also, if you want the detox to work don't smoke while you use it.

5. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

Then you're wrong.

Because you were taking vitamins and drinking a lot of water, chances are you were just diluting without realizing it.

If you've found a Detox Product that works, I would be extremely surprised.

No product has been shown to eliminate THC metabolites from the fat cells of the body, which is what they test for. There just isn't any product out there that does it.
    If you want the detox product to work?

I made it perfectly clear the first time, whether or not you agree with me, that no detox products 'work.'

In situations like this, I feel the need to be concise and to the point, leaving no room for speculation. People come here looking for real, honest advice, and incorrect advice could get them into a lot of trouble. Yours, Killerchron, happens to be incorrect (bad) advice.

4 people like this.
  6. Killerchron

So since I came up clean MULTIPLE times for DRUG COURT my advice is wrong I see . I simply stated what worked for me. But thank you..............for your words of wisdom :hail:

7. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

I'm not saying it didn't work for you. You may very well have been using the dilution method, or simply have a fast enough metabolism that smoking once a week would result in you being clean by the end of the week, there are a variety of possibilities.

However, none of those possibilities are that the Detox product actually detoxified your system. The metabolite that your body processed from THC simply doesn't bond to other compounds in that manner.

4 people like this.
  8. Killerchron

I see what you are saying. I was just dropping my advice that worked for me. Didn't expect you to tear me a new one for that. :)

9. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

I wasn't meaning to tear you a new one. Sorry if it seemed that way.

However people do come to this forum expecting advice that could potentially save them from being put in jail, get them a good job, etc.

Bad advice could literally cost someone thousands or tens of thousands of dollars (not to mention time in jail/prison). We're all guilty of it at some point. If you take a peek through my posts, you'll notice that at one point I told someone to use dog Pee. Which is horrible advice.

Luckily, someone with more knowledge about Drug Testing stepped in and made sure the bad advice I gave the OP didn't stand uncorrected.

10. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

All of these products work by dilution. They do not convert THC metabolites into something that can't be detected, as they'd like you to believe. They do not remove THC metabolites from your body. Only time and fat-burning exercise can do that. You can duplicate the actions of these products for a fraction of the price by following the guidelines in these links:

Dilution and aspirin -- the technique

DILUTION: tips, tricks and guidelines from N2

Drug Testing - The Definitive Guide

Because they work by dilution, detox drinks can fail if the concentration of THC metabolites is too high. Drinking a lot of fluids makes you pee a lot, reducing the concentration of THC metabolites in your blood. They'll be restored from that stored in fatty tissue but eventually they'll all leach out if you don't smoke. Drinking a reasonable amount of fluids shortly before your test will dilute your urine, lowering the concentration of THC metabolites. If you dilute too much it will spoil the test and you'll be retested or failed. The aspects of dilution techniques other than drinking fluids are to make dilute urine appear to be less dilute. At high concentrations of THC metabolites it is not possible to dilute enough without diluting too much.

5 people like this.
  11. freakinout25

freakinout25 New Member

so would you say that dilution in conjunction with detox would be a better chance than just dilution by itself? food for thought.

12. Trocisp

Trocisp Guest

Did you read the posts where I explained that detox products are dilution?

13. BudMarLeY

BudMarLeY New Member

what i did to have a 24 hour flush was drink lots of water/gatorade, took cranberry pills, took some goldenseal, and took some b12 pills.

the main reason for the cranbery pills is to add color to ur diluted piss.

14. freakinout25

freakinout25 New Member

Trocisp!

Ummmmm....Yeah I did! Hence my question. Obviously detoxes are some form of dilution. However, isnt it also true that if one has enough toxins that dilution isnt an option? My thought was that a true detox, not a mask type, could bring a 5-6x per week users levels of toxins to, say those of a very light user say, 1-2x per week, within a shorter time frame than natural abstinance would allow, therefor, making dilution a viable option where it previously may not have been.