Going down the road

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by Twista89, Aug 23, 2016.

1. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

So I came across the recent information that the job field I'm about to enter in mostly does hair testing.

I am an African American male 5'5 143 pounds. Very skinny and excersise on and off. The past 3 years I have been clean up until the last 6 months where I guess I can consider myself a moderate user. Recently my usage would consist of one hit from the one hitter twice a day for 6 days out the week. I took my last hit from the pipe this morning and now I'm going to start detoxing.

I have about a little over a month to prepare for the test and will update of my results when the time comes. I've also been doing some reading on the situation but have some questions before I start.

When it comes to thc in hair I read that once it's out of your blood completely is when the thc stops attaching to your hair so is that true? Does it not matter about the thc stored in your fat? Reason I'm asking is because I'm probably about to cut all my hair off and start growing new but I want to make sure I cut it off at the right time.

Also I know exercise, eating vitamins, healthy food, and water is the best way to detox but if anyone can point me in the direction of other methods to detox I will appreciate it.

Also would you guys still recommend me trying one of the home made hair treatment processes after all of this before the time of the test??

2. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

Little update I guess for the people that might have a similar situation. Ordered a 5 day detox kit from test clear which should be here on Tuesday. In the mean time I have been running 3 miles a day with a bunch of water and daily multi vitamins. Will test pee once when the kit gets here and see if I'm still positive then will add the kit to my regime if that's the case.

3. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

Well my toxin rid 5 day came in today. Took one of the home test and it did come back still positive after my daily regiment of cardio. Today my body is trashed so I'm taking a rest day but I am starting to pill popping program. Still haven't cut my hair yet. Today is the 7th day of me not smoking as well

Also the line to show me being negative started to show up sort of faintly so idk if that means the thc count is low but we shall see

4. olehippie

olehippie Member

Hair tests can be tough to beat, especially for African Americans. The tox pills will do nothing for the hair test. The basic hair test is like a 6 month history test. It looks for drug markers in your hair. If you cut your hair and it is to short for a sample they will go for body hair. There is a cleansing method called the Mancuso method that may or may not work. You can find it on this site. There are some hairdressers that might be able to help you out too. There is also a lot of info on this site on hair testing that might be helpful. You can test positive on a urine test for 30+ days, a hair test, 6 months. Good luck my friend.

5. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

Yea I have been doing a lot of reading on the subject. I bought the detox pills just to help clean out my system so I can cut my hair bald and start growing new. The thing with this hair test is that since its DOT if I fail then most jobs won't hire me as the information is shared between companies. So I can't really afford to mess this up with bleaching and the sorts. Good thing about it is I have all the time in the world currently so I'll grow it back out to a inch and a half before I go to apply.

6. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

I do have a quick question though. As I know these urinr test have s cut off level for weed toxins. If I pass my urine test what is the likely hood that thc will still be growing in my hair??

7. olehippie

olehippie Member

I take DOT random tests all the time and have never had a hair test. I understand that a few of the nationwide companies do pre employment hair tests. That's not required by DOT but something that these companies do on their own. If its truck driving you are going into, stay away from nationwide companies. They will screw you! You would be lucky if you gross 800 a week if you are lucky. I drive for a small company that operates in the upper midwest, work 4 day a week and make 1500 to 2000 a week after taxes pulling a tanker, non hazmat. In my opinion its the only way to go.
    As far as your test, you will have to quit smoking altogether for at least 3 months. Stop for a month, test your urine, if clear cut your hair and wait 2 months. Then your hair should be long enough and you body clear of THC. Bummer. When I have a random I substitute, never a problem.

8. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

Yea that's exactly what I'm doing. I was wondering if I should try with the smaller companies first. I have a class b and about to start an upgrade course at a local driving school. That's also what I wanted to do, tanker driving. I was planning on joining the schinder team as they have an opening for tanker driving here in Chicago. If you knew of some smaller companies that would take in a new driver And don't do hair test I'm all ears lol.

9. olehippie

olehippie Member

You don't want to work for Schnider, low pay and not treat their drivers real well, then try to get you to lease a truck from them. And they are the ones pushing for federally mandated hair testing for truck drivers. I am in NW Minnesota and none of the local companies hair test. I have had offers from Chicago outfits who wanted me bad, the money sounded good, but who wants to live in Chicago. Research and I am sure you will find them. Look for liquid fertilizer outfits and distributors. Also look at farmers co-ops, Its a way in and might help you upgrade your license. Its a great job.

10. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

Yea that's what I've been doing. I found a few that possibly don't hair test so I'll be going to them first after I finish school. Will also look up those you just mentioned as well.

Well for an update. I cut my 5 day detox process short at 3 days as I was getting a negative from the home test kits I tried so I just took the detox drink and water and went to take the test. The drug test was for driving school not a job so I believe the way they work is they will put You on the truck but if the test comes back positive they will take you off. So I'll report back once I get my class a license

11. olehippie

olehippie Member

Good luck, who is running the school. It should just be a urine test. If it is a private school you will have all kinds of job offers.

12. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

It's called Columbia driving school in Chicago. I mean they have a board with companies posting job offers so I will use them. Also reporting back as no news as far as urine test so I guess I'm clean. Cut my hair off as well 2 days ago so I should be good to go now.

13. olehippie

olehippie Member

Should be a piss test only, good luck. Go for tanker work. Its the best. No waiting at shippers and receivers.

14. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

Well I guess a update. No news is good news so I passed my urine test. Also cut all my hair off so if I do run across a job that requires it I should be fine. Tankers is what I eventually want so I shall be searching.

I honestly believe I was clean before I started my toxin rid program as I took a urine test and got a faint line before I even took the first pill but better safe than sorry.

My weed usage was a one hitter that I would hit twice a day since the beginning of the year. Low body fat and good exercise and saw a faint line after a week of no smoking.

15. olehippie

olehippie Member

Sounds like you passed.

16. Applejuice44

Applejuice44 New Member

hey twista89 before you took the test for your school was the negative a faint line or solid?

17. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

Faint line apple juice but it was also pretty diluted. The examiner said I might have to take it again but I didn't have to.

I've taken two urine screens as well afterwards with no dilution and they came back negative.
    Both jobs didn't work out and now I'm running out of options here.

I've just applied for Schneider which does hair testing and I'm wondering what should I do. I have about a inch worth of hair everywhere to take which has been cut twice since I took my first urine test with my driving school. I'm pretty sure my hair is clean but I wonder will they let me slide with just a inch long worth of hair. I know they require an inch and a half so Idk.

18. Twista89

Twista89 New Member

Well another update. Took my hair exam and urine exam with Schneider Monday and today is Friday with no call. Did the rest with omega labs and there website said 1-3 days turn around so it looks like I passed. Didn't do anything hair treatment besides cutting it off and regrowing. Only had a inch of hair but they were fine with it. Also going on about 120 days clean but starting regrowing my hair 60 days clean.