Joint Roller

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories' started by BudSmoker92, Mar 9, 2009.

1. BudSmoker92

BudSmoker92 Sr. Member

Anyone else use a joint roller when rolling a joint? I can hand roll if needed but these things just pop them out so perfectly and easily. I just got one the other day and im in love with it :)

2. marijuanavillle7

marijuanavillle7 New Member

I used to use one till i learned how to roll by hand. They seem to roll it too tight for my likings.

3. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

Yes, Mville when I read the thread title the first thing in my mind was "too tight". My friend bought a JOB blunt/joint roller and we used it so much, ya know, the whole new toy thing. We soon realized though if you tried to roll even a slightly fat blunt or joint in it, they would come out incredibly tight. I don't know how yours works, but ours..like spun..to roll it up..and if you spun it too much, that would also produce a too-tight joint/blunt.

But if you can learn to expertly use it and not try to roll any tater joints or whatever, then they can be handy.

4. rich420

rich420 New Member

I use to own one, I prefer rolling by hand though.

5. Phylter

Phylter New Member

I used to roll entirely by hand, but I've taken to using a 6.5mm crochet hook to roll my papers around, then adding a bit of card and packing it full. I like the regularity in it, that they'll always have the same amount in them, always the same thickness for the same cook-off speed, and temperature, not to mention I can math it out in my head how many joints, exactly, I'll get from any amount, and if there'll be leftovers for the pipe. Bonus is that with the papers sized exact to the crochet hook's shaft, it's exactly the right size to pack the everything down right. Makes for solid, tight joints.

6. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

I can roll perfect joints with a roller - they don't have to be "too tight" if you know what you're doing. I prefer hand-rolls, though. Being able to roll an excellent joint by hand with one regular size paper is a mark of cultural competency.

7. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

As I said, with practice I imagine you could roll picture perfect blunts/joints with a roller. But I prefer hand rolling. As you said, rolling a beautiful joint/blunt makes me proud.

8. ctwalrus

ctwalrus New Member

i use the dollar trick the most
    its like a roller but you can control it more so its not so tight

9. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

OH THE THE WALRUS...please explain this. I have heard of this but never really found out about it.

10. Canta

Canta Sr. Member

I used to use a credit card to tuck the paper in but I felt like I was cheating. Rolling by hand is neither difficult or complicated, just take the time to think about what your doing and its easy.

11. sub_graf

sub_graf Sr. Member

I've never owned/used a rolling machine. I've always been able to roll at least fairly good joints/blunts since I can remember. Actually, the first joint I ever rolled turned out pretty good. It wasn't very pretty, but it smoked nicely (and that's all that really matters).

Also, I don't consider it "cheating" to use any type of tool to make your joint look/smoke better. I, personally, use a small paint brush to pack the ends down tighter. It makes me happy to smoke a nice, symmetrical, pretty looking joint.

12. BudSmoker92

BudSmoker92 Sr. Member

I wouldnt consider using a joint roller cheating...as long as your not competing against someone else whos rolling by hand then there would be nothing to "cheat". Its kinda like saying driving a car is cheating because you can walk.

13. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

I have never known any of these tricks on how to roll joints. I have used a roller before, kind of a novelty thing though. I'd say maybe 5 percent of everything I've rolled was using a roller.

I don't see it as cheating. I just enjoy rolling and like the feeling of satisfaction when I/we smoke a joint/blunt that I rolled that looks nice and smokes well. It is also nice when I get compliments on them.:D

14. chadwick

chadwick Sr. Member

if im rolling a joint for my self and im not making some ultra super sized joint then ill always grab my joint roller, but if im making it to pass around between a few people and it needs to be bigger than what the roller can do then ill roll out a joint by hand

15. Canta

Canta Sr. Member

Do you deserve the compliments if a roller rolled it? Thats what I mean by cheating.

16. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

Do you competitively roll blunts? That's what I mean by cheating.

2 people like this.
  17. 420Raver<3

420Raver<3 New Member

Dollar Bill = Joint Roller.
    I like them both at times, but you feel more successful after rolling a nice j

18. Canta

Canta Sr. Member

Cheating was the wrong word. I guess rolling a joint always seemed important to me, I love sitting down, skinning up and just enjoying that spliff. I mean I would take a joint over anything, even a vapouriser. I can't imagine doing that and needing some sort of device to do the work for me.

19. Plainsman1963

Plainsman1963 New Member

I know what you are saying. I said in this thread already that I take pride in my blunts and joints. When I see a beautiful blunt going around the circle..burning perfectly...and knowing I rolled it..makes me feel happy.