Possession Charge in Ontario.

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by thekillers, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. thekillers

    thekillers New Member

    Im 18 years old, and I just recieved a possension charge with apperance in court in Jan. What can I expect regarding the ontario possession laws. The amount was somewhere between 7-14 grams.

    Thanks people:)

    PLEEEEEEEASE HELP. This is my first offence, besides a ticket for consuming alcohol, but I have no criminal record at all. I can't afford a lawyer, what am I expected to do.
  2. thekillers

    thekillers New Member

    Sorry, after reading the ticket I noticed it was a notice to appear for court for a person not yet charged for an offence.

    what does this mean? and what will happen?
  3. BartSimpson

    BartSimpson Sr. Member

    Same day service no extra charge.

    This is a frequent question here, so I highly recommend you try the search feature. A trip to the NORML website will also answer your question.
  4. thekillers

    thekillers New Member

    Im looking for opionions of people who have been in this situation, because it's quite scary for me, as Im trying to get into college and pay of my credit debt and my other ticket.
  5. BartSimpson

    BartSimpson Sr. Member

    You are, of course, thankful for my help, right?

    The word "opinion" is not even in there . . . silly me, why didn't I know that's what you wanted.

    Son, anyone's opinion beyond that of your lawyer and the Judge do not matter and are a distraction. Get the facts. Unless it is too much work?
  6. thekillers

    thekillers New Member

    wow.....sorry for asking, I'll look somewhere else then....
  7. skillamcvillian

    skillamcvillian New Member

    i was busted in thunderbay ontario with a quaterpound of weed traviling through i served 3 days and was released with a possion charge which is now on my perment record i might have trouble getting into the statse(haven't tryed) but you can still travel to almost any where else(if you are avalible to get a full pardon) since your 18 it will be on your perment record that is if you are convicted of the offence you can still take a chance at getting off with no charge due to the marijuana laws are all up in the air up hear and your lawyer is good like i said befor 1/4 pound . about the lawyer i used duty counsel and have charges for mischif and fraud. good luck if it is your first charge ask about an "adult derversion" your first charge on the record can be cleared of the record if the crown and concil agree all you have to do is make a donation to a charity the amout the donation has to be is the crowns choice.good luck buddy


Share This Page