Post your results here for hair testing, negative or positive

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by melanotaenia, Jul 12, 2004.

1. Jacobson Wyatt

Jacobson Wyatt New Member

2. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith New Member

They've currently got my hair. They took it from my armpit since I completely shave my head every week. It's usually in a basement with some pretty heavy smokers once a month at a poker game. It's not hot boxed. I did not do any pre-cautionary cleansing so I'll post results here when I get them. Thanks for the reply.

Poh Lightnin' likes this.
  3. Poh Lightnin'

Poh Lightnin' New Member

Passed! (Cutoff 1pg/mg)

About me:

Male 32 5'9" 190lbs Average matebolism, light brown hair (thin up top, grows thicker in back/sides, trimmed to precisely 1.5in on top), very active - workout 4-5 days per week, healthy diet outside of way too much craft beer which is probably why I weigh 190 instead of like 180. I have built up muscle and some fat. Last I knew I was 13% to 15% body fat.

90 day history: Feb 21-25 ski trip in Colorado... probably smoked two pinchies per day along with hits off my cousin's Maui joints that he wouldn't stfu about the whole time. Also, two 10mg edibles. I purchased 2g of weed and left with both bottles very full. A liberal guess, for sake of the test, was probably around half a gram ingested (lung and stomach) in those four days. It's worth noting that we mainly skied backcountry, expert, and out of bounds area skiing which is very hard work. That might have helped my metabolism. Clean all other days in that 90 day window. Last session outside of 90 days was a couple pulls off the pinchy NYE with my heavy smoking pals. I am not a regular smoker and have not been since maybe 2010 or 2011 (early professional career days). I've always been a lightweight smoker.

Test details:

Learned last Friday 4/7 about the test at 5:00pm. Got super swamped with my current job and didn't check personal email till I was about to leave. That's when my heart dropped passed my dick and I started freaking out. However, I felt kinda okay because I passed a test on my own dime five years ago to check on hair during an interview for a big oil/gas company. Didn't get that gig but learned two macujos alone worked for the future.

This time around..

Six macujos and two zydots over the weekend. Treatments as follows:

Friday night: traditional macujo (30min vinegar, 30min c&c, scrub Tide for several minutes and stood in shower, same for coal tar shampoo). Should note that the 30min soaks I left the shower with shower cap on to sit and sulk over my mistake.

Saturday morning: Tradiotinal macujo but had a birthing class with the wife. So, only several minutes for each step.

Saturday evening: Bull shit birthday party for loser father in law. Otherwise I would have had more treatments. Repeated Friday night's routine.

Sunday Morning: subbed baking soda for vinegar for 30min with shower cap. C&C for 30min with shower cap. Then same Friday method for Tide and coal tar shampoo.

Sunday afternoon: hair cut. Sweet gal hooked me up with Tea Tree shampoo to make sure my hair shaft was getting cleansed of any bull shit in my hair before macujo. I'd marry that gal if I wasn't already married. Different story..

Sunday afternoon: purchase some Nexus stuff at Walgreens that has Prop Glycol and EDTA. Get home use new Tea Tree shampoo and do macujo sub vinegar for baking soda, 30min c&c soak, wash with Tide, Nexus, coal tar shampoo.

Sunday evening: scalp is in pain. Lay off macujo for the night but zydot arrived and I used the treatment per direction.

Monday morning (test morning): use baking soda then quick traditional macujo with Nexus after Tide but before coal tar. Then another zydot. Then off to lab to to kick the shit out of the test.

Edit: I should note that I slept on clean sheets and pillow cases Sunday night. I did not buy a new comb. I hardly use one, but the one I do have, I made sure to clean it with C&C and then hand soap. I didn't mess with a towel on my car seat head rest. I just didn't make contact with it.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2017
  4. prayersfortest

prayersfortest New Member

Hi everyone, I'd just like to say thank you all for sharing your experiences. I passed!

First, some background on me
    : I'm a 19 year old male, 5'11'' and about 150 pounds. I have a very fast metabolism, and I've been told by my long time hair dresser that my hair grows extremely fast. I figured this would work in my favor. I've got light brown/ dirty blonde hair that is kept short on the sides (about 0.5 inches) and longer on the top (about 1.5-2 inches). I don't know how much hair color would affect results, but I thought I'd put it down.

Smoking history: Marijuana is the only drug that I consume. I would consider myself a fairly moderate smoker of above average quality weed. I typically smoke about 5 times a week, but never more than 2 small bowls a day (most days just 1 bowl). I barely smoked at all over the past summer, but once I got back to university is when I began the smoking regiment described above. I quit for a month around mid October through December, and then from December to mid January smoked my regular amount once again. My last day I smoked was between January 17th-January 20th, and I have not touched anything since. This gives me between 82-85 days clean at the time of my test today. I've seen through my research that the hair test typically goes back about 90 days, so I'm right on the cusp (damn!). However, I've been told my hair does grow extremely fast, so I'm hoping that the 1.5'' they will take might be totally clean already. I didn't want to take any chances, so I began detoxing my hair.

My Method: I decided to go with the typical macujo method, as I've seen a fairly high success rate with it. As others have said, this is not a pretty process and is downright painful at times. My biggest piece of advice for anyone starting this process is to rub vaseline around the edges of your hair, scalp, and on your ears to protect your skin. This shit burned behind my ears pretty bad, and it just becomes a vicious circle once you get your first burns. My routine was to first soak my hair with as hot water as my shower would give me. Then, scrub vinegar into my scalp and soak into my hair. Soak, scrub, soak scrub. Then, shower cap for 15 minutes with the vinegar. After 15 minutes, soak and scrub more vinegar back into my hair and sit with shower cap for additional 15 minutes. Next, soak and scrub the clean and clear astringent with 2% salicylic acid and sit with the shower cap on for 20-30 minutes depending on how masochistic I was feeling that day. After twenty minutes, I scrubbed my hair with liquid tide and let it sit for another 30 minutes. Finally, I would shampoo with Neutregena T/sal. I did this exact routine 8 times in the week and a half leading up to the test. I also read about people having success with the baking soda scrub. I scrubbed my head with a baking soda paste and let it sit for 30 minutes twice after completion of the last two macujo methods, then wash with tide again and T/sal. It is now the day of my test, and I attempted to do a 9th macujo method, but the pain was too much. As soon as I began to soak with the vinegar, the pain was unbelievable and I had to wash it out. Call me a pussy, but it was just too much. Instead, I opted for a final baking soda scrub that I left in for 30 minutes followed again by tide scrub and sit for 30 minutes. Finally, T/sal after the tide and I finished it all with Zydot Ultra Clean. I followed the instructions exactly. I'm skeptical of all of those shampoos that say they will pass your test, but I figured it would only help combined with my other efforts. In review, I did the typical macujo method 8 times as well as 3 baking soda paste scrubs, and I did Zydot the day of my test.
    I also trimmed up the tips of my hair around the crown of my head and towards the back as I had heard this was the most common place that they take a sample, and I wanted to cut off as much "dirty hair" that there may be. I trimmed my leg, arm, and armpit hair below 1 inch to force them to sample from my head.

I think that my 82-85 days clean and very fast hair growth was the biggest factor in my success.

Poh Lightnin' likes this.
  5. Poh Lightnin'

Poh Lightnin' New Member

Hair color is in your favor. At least according to the history in hair.
    You're definitely not a pussy. Glad to see zydot use after macujo. Also, good call on baking soda.

My prediction, is you got this. I know it can be tough to chill before the results are in, but if you're having any trouble, I found exercise, beers, and reading success stories helped me chill quite a bit.

Let us know the results.

6. prayersfortest

prayersfortest New Member

I already passed! I put it as the first sentence in my post.

7. Poh Lightnin'

Poh Lightnin' New Member

Well.. really it was your second sentence. I'm still retarded for not reading though. o_O

8. Ryan Smith

Ryan Smith New Member

PASSED!