The many tastes of Pot

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by dirtbomb, Dec 28, 2008.

1. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

In trying to interpret and communicate how different strains or types taste to other smokers or people who have never enjoyed the herb, what descriptions or comparisons do you give them?
    Most halfway decent, to really good Sativas taste like White Pepper, with notes of Hemp seed to me.
    Indicas often taste very much like Hops. Sometimes, kind of a lemony flavor.
    More? :)

6 people like this.
  2. zombi

zombi New Member

WOW dude. thats some very thought provoking discriptions right there. im way too stoned right now to come up with anything other than it tastes like weed. the last bag i got had the best taste ive ever had tho. i guess it tasted like flowers.

:blazed:

6 people like this.
  3. newb1211

newb1211 New Member

I've had alot of tastes but the best was grape...

2 people like this.
  4. Everlong2019

Everlong2019 Sr. Member

Ive never had anything that tasted like something when i smoked it, because when i light it on fire any delicious taste goes to gross smoke taste. However i have had shit that smells really good, like skunky or crab grass and some of the stuff i have right now smells like strawberry's. I bet if i had a vape it would taste much better though.

2 people like this.
  5. digdoug

digdoug Guest

I've had some good tasting shit,like a fresh spring rain on a lovely meadow,but the stuff I like best is my skunky ole shwag. We'll be in the car and smell a skunk,while everyone else is gagging-i'm reliving old memories.

4 people like this.
  6. Yana Usdi

Yana Usdi Dogs best friend

NYC Diesel was named for the smell as much as anything, not quite like diesel but reminiscent and you can taste it as well. A cross between that and Life Saver resulted in an odd sweet and sour mix that will fill a room in a moment. Bubblegum sometimes tastes a lot like its namesake and we've got strawberry, blueberry, and others as well.

Do a web search for marijuana terpenes and you should come up with a fair bit of info. It can range anywhere from sandlewood to ceder, chemical to sweet, and so on.

6 people like this.
  7. Gale

Gale New Member

ive only had one taste before, but whenever i taste it i know its going to be a good day. It tastes citrusy/fruity, not heavy of it, but a nice slight taste, whats nice about it too is that its an after taste so when im done smoking or ive passed it still remains in my mouth

4 people like this.
  8. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

Yep!
    I knew about those. The piney smell is the most obvious, to me with sativas.
    Sometimes the flavor of pot, when it's ignited or vaped isn't anything like the terpines, though. :)

9. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 Pot Stirring

I've had weed with so many flavors, anymore I get disappointed if it just tastes like "weed" if ya know what I mean! Bubblegum, purple kush, blueberry, Jamaican, Afghan, trainwreck, diesel..... all have their own tastes, smells, highs.... Honestly, thats one of the many things I love about cannabis....the wide range of flavors, aromas, effects, etc. Just when i think I've tasted or exerpienced most things, I've get a sample of somehting that just blows me away, and is completely different from any other strain I've smoked. I'vew been smoking for over 15 years at this point, and I'm amazed at the many varieites out there. Since acquiring a vaporizer, though, I've truely learned to appreciate the wide variety of flavors. While you get hints of flavor from smoking weed, vaporizing it is on a whole other level of flavor.

10 people like this.
  10. sleepwalker

sleepwalker New Member

This is weird, but the worst weed I ever had, tasted like if you soaked a piece of lettuce in diet pepsi before you ate it.

Also sometimes, I'll get an after taste that's like peanut butter, or when you eat to many Reases

4 people like this.
  11. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 Pot Stirring

Man, I've vaporized schwaggy weed before that almost had a menthol taste before you got thick vapor, made me wonder what the fuck was used to fertilize and/or weigh it down with....

2 people like this.
  12. toothfairy420

toothfairy420 Stoner Chique

Earthy is a good word...I have smoked weed that tastes like meat:vomit:, weed that tastes like Christmas trees, citrus is a very common flavor...some weed tastes like hay, or even fresh grass clippings...Weed that tastes metalic...sometimes I get stuff that has an intoxicating grape smell and flavor...there are just too many flavor notes to mention...

If I were trying to explain it to someone who has never smoked before, I would say that it is a sharp skunky (but not roadkill skunky...more like skunk cabbage skunky) taste, with hints of one or more of the above flavors depending on the type of weed.

4 people like this.
  13. dirtbomb

dirtbomb Hippie

I did notice that the bong water I accidentally got in my mouth yesterday tasted like Munch O's. :)

14. Jobes

Jobes New Member

i had some hybrid strain that tasted almost like honey suckles. very sweet and smooth. Most headies i smoke are very citrusy/ earthy.
    Beasters sometimes fruity mostly earthy smooth. the whole smell of the buds alone and smoke reminds me of the mountains.
    Mids, oh god. I cant stand the taste of them anymore

2 people like this.
  15. starvingartist

starvingartist New Member

I think the whole taste thing really depends on the person. Yesterday my friend Krystina and I were toking and she stops abruptly and like started freaking out about how good the weed I had tasted and how it was like heaven and she was addicted to weed or something lol. I myself always ahve liked the taste too.

But then my other friend always complains that the weed tastes "stale" and stuff, but that never bothers me.

2 people like this.
  16. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

White pepper? I have never smoked weed that tasted like white pepper, what the hell is that? Anyway, I have smoked so much bud that it is impossible to nail down every flavor and scent I have enjoyed but I can tell you that the range is ridiculous. The scene around me has been getting some crazy shit in lately.

2 people like this.
  17. toothfairy420

If you look at my SOTM submission, that bud tastes like pepper...white pepper is just common finely ground pepper.

2 people like this.
  18. michael420

michael420 New Member

i dont usually taste that much but ive smoked shit that was citrusy before kinda like oranges or pineapples or somethin and then the classic weed taste :D

also you could chew gum or skittles or starburst while you hit a bowl or blunt or bong or what not and that will alter the flavor depending on the candy flavor
    hope that helps :cool:

just thought of something how come there isnt a high smiley face lol

2 people like this.
  19. imFADED

imFADED Sr. Member

I'll have to check that out. I would never want tree that tasted like pepper though :soapbox:

2 people like this.
  20. toothfairy420

Its actually an interesting flavor, it's not spicy at all...unless you just don't like the flavor of pepper.

2 people like this.