Transfer of medical card.

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Madamayo, Apr 10, 2010.

  1. Madamayo

    Madamayo New Member

    If I live in an MMJ state, and have an MMJ card, am I able to transfer my card to another state, or would I need an entirely new card and recommendation?
  2. robino

    robino New Member

    I found this website:
    14 Legal Medical Marijuana States - Medical Marijuana -

    It lists all the states that have legalized medical marijuana and in the first section there is a column that states whether each state accepts other states' registry ID cards. Of the 14 states, only 4 accept them (Maine, Michigan, Montana, & Rhode Island).

    The thing is, that applies only for medical cards applied with the state. So it depends on what you're talking about, the actual state medical cards or the doctor's recommendations. If you're talking about just the doctor's recommendation then I'm not completely sure but chances are you'd need to get a new one in the new state you're in.
  3. Buzzby

    Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

    Go to Google and search for "medical marijuana reciprocity". Some states have it, others don't, and some accept cards from some states but not others.
  4. Madamayo

    Madamayo New Member

    Awesome. So I can bring my MMJ card with me to Maine when I go visit the family.

    Luckily in Colorado once you get the recommendation, all you need to do is pay a yearly fee ($90) every year in order to get a new card. This includes the first card, but the paper recommendation is good for 60 days after your local dispensary gives you the OK.

    Hellz yes.

Share This Page