What happened to this site?

Discussion in 'The Tank' started by Blazed 24/7, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Blazed 24/7

Blazed 24/7 Member

It used to be so lively and buzzing (Pun intended) with activity, now it's a barren wasteland.
    Where did everybody go?

mediator_ram and olehippie like this.
  2. olehippie

olehippie Member

I have been wondering the same.

mediator_ram likes this.
  3. mediator_ram

mediator_ram New Member

What happened to this forum?

4. mediator_ram

mediator_ram New Member

Whether the members have opted out of this forum?

5. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

When this site became "commercial", most of the old "community" members opted to go elsewhere. The current owners pay almost no attention to what is happening on these forums and they get little traffic.

zappy and (deleted member) like this.
  6. olehippie

olehippie Member

Its a sad thing!

7. 5drive

5drive Slacker

So true. The original owner was more 'one of us' vs. a corporate talking head, and tons of people came here just for the fellowship of the forum. Once the place became the # 1 marijuana traffic site, and owner #2's money grubbing methods chased off most all of the long term regulars, the forum started a big downhill slide and it's highly unlikely to ever recover. Weedmaps, the current owner, has tried to restore the forum popularity, but forum success can be a fragile thing and you can't force it to happen. Nothing lasts forever.

8. Egzoset

Egzoset Member

Salutations 5drive,

Is that the same "weedmaps Administrator Staff Member" as that on Cannabis dot Com??

Actually i think this is so true that's quite a constant of the known universe!

Good day, have fun!! :D

9. Moderator-WM

Moderator-WM Administrator Staff Member

10. Egzoset

Egzoset Member

Salutations @Moderator-WM,

OKay, being "Administrator/Staff Member" here too i believe the answer couldn't be formulated more clearly: that's a "yes", definitively. No doubts shall remain!

:p

Well, nice to meet you in writing right here, euh... Do you prefer something less official, like mister something, or madame (as i just noticed the avatar)? Simply making some conversation for our 1st encounter here!

;)

11. Moderator-WM

Moderator-WM Administrator Staff Member

Nice meeting you too, you can always call me Mod if you need to. Not sure if that makes it a little less official but that works for me

Hope that you are having a great day

12. Egzoset

Egzoset Member

Salutations Moderator-WM,

The account dates back to a couple years, as i recall, consequently i presume it's actually a 1st encounter for us, considering it was another person in charge, previously... Well, assuming i understood the situation correctly.

So i'm equally pleased to find an opportunity like this one! :cool:

Thank you and no problem here, the name sure won't sound ambivalent! :rolleyes:

It was a pleasant exchange.

13. troublemaker420

troublemaker420 Pot Stirring

To play on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, and Linkedin ... trolling the army of new-ish social network sites for new places to spam. You know, the tech savvy 420 sites that didn't exist when MJ was first rolled out in 1994.

14. toothfairy420

toothfairy420 Stoner Chique

Why did this post get tanked? I hate to be that person, but are we being censored?

zappy likes this.
  15. Register

Register New Member

I think the days of forum communities, especially in cannabis, are on the come back.

Monterey Bud likes this.
  16. Monterey Bud

Monterey Bud Administrator Staff Member

While our forums section has gone through difficulties recently, we are on the mend and looking for some great updates in the near future. With Instagram and Facebook closing accounts that post marijuana consumption in their online media feed, the forums section at marijuana.com is absolutely poised to receive that distressed 420 social media.