What is a vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Haze24, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Haze24

Haze24 New Member

Ok well I feel real retarded right now but here it goes... I've been smoking for months now, but I have no idea what a vaporizer actually is. Can someone explain to me what it is, and what makes it so "special" aperently. Would be much appreciated

2. Buzzby

Buzzby Buddhist Curmudgeon

A marijuana vaporizer is a device that heats marijuana to a temperature at which the cannabinoids turn to vapor but is below the ignition point of the weed. There are two basic types: conduction and convection.

Conduction vapes put the weed on a little platform that is heated. Convection vapes heat up air, which is then pushed or pulled through the weed to release the cannabinoid vapors.

Vaporizers don't burn the weed, so you don't inhale all the nasty chemicals that result from incomplete combustion of plant materials. You also avoid burning a large percentage of the cannabinoids, meaning you can get just as high from a smaller amount of weed.

3. Haze24

Haze24 New Member

Ok thank u for that, but which is betterr?.. And wouldn't it be hard to tell.. Idk to me it would seem bad if weed was still sittin there and u throw it away.. Just don't seem right haha...

4. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Convection.

Nope.

What "don't seem right"? Vaporizing or not knowing when the bud is vaped?

There are a ton of vaporizing vids on youtube. A pic's worth a thousand words....

2 people like this.
  5. Klav

Klav New Member

The high can be different as well. It's much more of a heady high than body. Very enjoyable though.

6. Admiral NugPuffer

Admiral NugPuffer New Member

I love to vape. almost the only way I get my meds these days. I have a Vapor Blunt but it honestly sucks. got clogged up fast. I DO NOT recc. the Vapor Blunt :( ANy thoughts on what vape I should get next?

7. Klav

Klav New Member

I own the Arizer Solo. Love it. It's built like a rock and fairly inexpensive. The vapor is really good! I have not tried any other portable vaporizers.

2 people like this.
  8. Admiral NugPuffer

Admiral NugPuffer New Member

9. Haze24

Haze24 New Member

Not knowing when it is gone just throwing away weed... That's what it would feel like fer me

10. 5drive

5drive Slacker

Knowing when it's cached isn't a problem for many thousands of vaporists. Vaporizing is growing fast in popularity.

If not knowing worries you that much, just stick to smoking. Ironically though, you wast a lot more weed by smoking. You vaporize every time you smoke, since the heat from the flame and the burning bud produces vapor with each and every hit, while a considerable amount is wasted through incineration. Smoking is much less efficient than vaping.

2 people like this.
  11. Klav

Klav New Member

@Haze24: You are using a much smaller amount and it's very clear when it's kicked. I'm very new to vaping. Just got my Solo last week. It took me once to get the hang of it. Second time I felt like a pro.

Give it a try :)