What to do with moldy bud?

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by Nasarius, Sep 29, 2001.

  1. Nasarius

    Nasarius Guest

    moldy pot

    Inhaling mold is NOT something you want to do. You can get some very serious lung infections. If it's a lot of weed, just cook it in something. That will kill the vast majority of mold and you won't be inhaling it.

    (edit) Whoa, my post somehow appeared on top of yours.
  2. Nash

    Nash New Member

    moldy pot

    ok, i've heard that its dangerous and can kill you to smoke weed with mold on it, and i've heard that its perfectly safe. anyone out there know for sure?
  3. I don't know for sure. But I'll tell you that if you smoke moldy weed you suck because you are ripping yourself off! Go back to you dealer and say, "WTF is this?"

    I don't think it will kill you, but it tastes like crap and will turn your stomach. Also, if it is that old, you can bet the THC content has been degraded a great deal. Seriously, back in the highschool days we would get that **** and it would never get us *high*, only buzzed and quite ill feeling (from the taste/smell).

    Go demand something else, man.
  4. caliskunk1

    caliskunk1 New Member

    Mold sux. my school has alot and they think it caused 5 teachers to have miscarriges.
  5. foild_

    foild_ Guest

    Moldy pot - quesions that i really need answered!

    Hey d00ds and d00dettes
    I have recently been hearing ALOT about moldy weed, and how it can really get you ill, but i am wondering how to identify that your weed is moldy, are we talking REALLY moldy weed, or just a little bit of mold..
    hope someone can help me out :)
  6. foild_

    foild_ Guest

    oh my god i must be really stoned
    sorry for the spelling mistakes on the title of the thread :)
  7. pipedreamer

    pipedreamer Guest

    yes mouldy MJ is BAD for you health. Inhaling mould spores can cause infections... as we are all sadly aware of these days.

    Mould is easy to identify. It is white and fluffy and will look like little spiders webs. It also has a distinct odour... like mould.

    I can't say for sure, but there may not be a problem eating the mould. So you might not have to write off your stash. Do a web search for "the vaults of erowid". That is one of the most comprehensive drug info sites; it might have some more tips etc.

  8. foild_

    foild_ Guest

    thanks alot man
    well i am off to school
  9. Krippul

    Krippul Guest

    I wouldnt touch moldy weed! I like to clean my pipe somewhat frequently too.. if heard mold can grow on the resin. Anyone know how much truth is to that?
  10. Not all mold is harmful though. Most of it wont hurt you, but you never know what kind of mold it actually is on your weed. If there is just a little bit of mold, I usually smoke it, and I haven't had any problems yet. I assume a lot of it gets destroyed by the heat. You never know though, so be careful.
  11. kanaba

    kanaba Guest


    hey man if you are worried about the mold just stick it in the microwave for 60 secs and your all good. the only drawback is that you loss a 1/3 of the wieght of your stash !! of course 72 hours in the humidor fixes that...bill
  12. BlackZombie

    BlackZombie New Member

    Here's the ideas I've heard:
    Microwave it (Though I hear this is BS)
    Rip off the moldy parts and smoke what's left
    Make hash out of it

    So, any of these true? And if I could make hash from the moldies, how?
  13. KWhite

    KWhite Guest

    Toss it!!!!

    The funny thing I learned about molds while attending food service schools.

    Once you see the molds surface form, you can be certain it is completely throughout whatever it is growing on if it is vegetable matter.
    The old method of cutting off mouldy bread is now shown as a way many of the cancers older folks are having were brought about.
    *Serious, heck, I have always done it too, scared the sense out of me*
    Growing on is a false assumption.
    Growing IN would be better.
    Molds very ofen spread through destruction, spores can escape the flames, some can live through high temps.
    Most can harm you.
    I know how hard it is to do, but toss it.
    Better safe than ever sorry.
  14. BlackZombie

    BlackZombie New Member

    No NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I can't! I'll keep it until I figure out a way!

    Another thing I heard was putting it in alcohol for a while and then drying it out again.
  15. Mamabudz

    Mamabudz Guest

    Sorry dear, but Kelly is very very right...Toss it ...hard as that is

    ...have a cookie ;)

    Mama Budz

    (PS...I think we can merge this thread with other Moldy Pot threads)
  16. xxdr_zombiexx

    xxdr_zombiexx Leftist Blogger

    moldy weed

    Long ago, in a galaxy far far away (indiana) there was a time I had enough weed that I actually "forgot about some" that I had gotten and put an orange peel in to re-hydrate.

    It had some long dark threads of mold on it when I though to get it. It wasnt "ate up with mold'.

    We dried it out and smoked it anyway. I distinctly remember it being semi-trippy - like what I remember of shrooms wearing off.

    I would probably NOT do that again - the posts of Kelly and mamabudz make excellent sense.

    Thank God weed is outrageously expensive and miserably difficult to get: I can never even keep any around - let alone have enough to have it sit around long enough to mold
  17. HappyMan

    HappyMan Subscriber


    Threads Merged:eek:
  18. wakDbuds

    wakDbuds Jr. Activist

    with all this talk of moldy pot, i though i would share some info i was told the other day... in the anatomy lab at my uni they regularly put the bodies under UV lights to kill off any mold that may be growing on them. i cannot claim that this works, but perhaps if you put the weed under some UV lights for a few days it might kill your mold problem...

    still, i wouldnt reccomend it. i have smoked moldy stuff and am still alive to tell the tale **coughs up a chunk of lung** , but it was not pleasant. in fact it barely even got me high, and the whole time i thought i could feel mold growing in my lungs. yechhh

Share This Page