The Real Pot-Wives of Marijuana County

Posted by Johnny Dank & filed under Activism, Opinion, Weed & Politics.

Weed - The Real Pot-Wives of Marijuana County

Tell me what type of mother is worse: The wine drinker or the pot smoker? This parallels to the ol’ chicken versus egg debate. In a time where alcohol goes unscathed and profits are exponential – medical marijuana is being maliciously targeted, darting through the dark allies of prohibition slowly waiting for marijuana laws to be updated.

In the national eye, you see ‘ real housewives’ casually knocking back some pinot gris or chardonnay, with little repercussions from the public. There are marijuana toking moms who stick by their blunts and bongs defending that marijuana use is no worse than wine — maybe even better – however they are judged and stoned for their vices. Is there no double standard?

“Being judged for doing something nontoxic and totally organic, enjoying a god-given plant, by moms who suck back two bottles of Chardonnay like sports drinks feels like s—,” gripes Margaret. The mother of two boys, admits in a Todays Mom NBC report that she smokes pot and is high when caring for her kids. As a member of the Moms for Marijuana Group, approaching 20,000 likes on Facebook, Margaret tells Todays Mom she watches her daughter after she has smoked medical marijuana and is medicated.

With many parents raising their eyebrows and questioning the 420 approach to child-care, Margaret says she smokes weed everyday to help her unwind. Smoking cannabis alleviates high stress — due to the holistic effects of THC and cannabinoids found in marijuana — so she can get through her day. “It can make folding a pile of laundry enjoyable. If I didn’t smoke pot, that’d be three more piles later in the week.”

Even though she is open about marijuana legalization and her pot smoking, she is quite vigilant to hide her medicinal habit from her children. Unlike individuals who leave their wines and spirits — even though capped or corked — open to the innocent and impressionable eyes of their children. Margaret hides and locks her medical pot away from her children and fears to confront other mothers due to her children, not her, being ostracized and black-balled due to ignorance and misleading education about marijuana.

A California mother, Sharon Letts agrees with the pro-marijuana initiative. Letts uses marijuana tea for her daughter, 16, to help alleviate pains due to fibromyalgia. “Cannabis takes the edge off your day, in the same way wine does. But it’s not addictive, it is habitual. It doesn’t ruin your body like alcohol. I would much rather see parents using cannabis than alcohol.”

Diane Fornbacher states “Parents who enjoy smoking pot aren’t perfect, but they’re far less imperfect than parents who use alcohol irresponsibly.” As the co-vice chair of the Women’s Alliance at NORML, a non-profit lobbying organization operating to legalize marijuana, Fornbacher told Today Moms that “Cannabis can influence people to be nicer to one another. You rarely find a story that says two stoners beat each other up outside of a bar.” She continues on saying parents should not be judged should they choose to use an organic, holistic substance which enables them more productivity and is proven not to be dangerous as other legal substances.

Just as other substances go, marijuana consumption has to be regulated and concealed from your children. Stoner mothers who smoke medical marijuana get high just as lush mothers enjoy getting a little tipsy.

Mother’s living in a similar world with similar problems – One major difference is some moms prefer Dom Romanee Conti 1997 or the Chateau Haut Brion Pessac Lognan 1982 while others prefer an OG Kush indica or a Sour Diesel sativa. Instead of a road trip with the gals to Napa for the Wine Festival; 420 mothers are packing their bags to Amsterdam for the Cannabis Cup.

All these moms want is a little respect…

Source: Marijuana.com

Comments 17 Comments so far... Add Yours

1. rick james jr

its no mystery that women are big players in the weed biz ;-)

i get the feeling that mainly male government officials troll the lawmakers to haul in more cash for pointless drug war agendas.. and i aint no feminist! -Rick

2. jamey

This quote is so true it brings tears to my eyes! If the laws were different then my brother’s life would be so much better. “Parents who enjoy smoking pot aren’t perfect, but they’re far less imperfect than parents who use alcohol irresponsibly”

3. Bixby

If MOM is getting 20,000 likes on FB, there are a lot more medicated moms than you think.

They are mainstream and responsible parents, like millions of others.

Do they have to tell someone every time they take an aspirin? Of course not.

They are adults, they are law abiding and pay their taxes, their kids are in our schools.

Let’s get cannabis on the ballot everywhere in USA by 2016. The MOMentum is building.

Thanks for an informative and inspirational article..

4. Judy Mann

Thank you to all the brave women willing to stand up for their rights.

Personally I am a coward like most people and simply get what I can without doing anything to help the movement towards enlightment.
    But as a mother I have to protect my children and myself from the idiots and their sheriffs who will put your ass in jail the second they get a chance.
    If not for the children I would feel as impotent as I really am.
    With the children at least I have a purpose for which I can do something. Thank God for MMJ.

5. Victorina

Wow! Finally I got a web site from where I can really take helpful information concerning my study and knowledge.

6. Danial

Hello to every one, because I am really keen of
    reading this weblog’s post to be updated regularly. It carries good information.

7. Roman

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your web site provided us with valuable
    information to work on. You’ve done an impressive job and our whole community will be thankful to you.

8. Carissa

With havin so much content do you ever run
    into any problems of plagorism or copyright infringement?
    My website has a lot of unique content I’ve either authored myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the internet without my agreement. Do you know any techniques to help stop content from being ripped off? I’d certainly appreciate
    it.

9. Jeanette

I’m commenting to let you understand what a amazing encounter my cousin’s daughter had visiting your webblog.
    She learned lots of things, not to mention how it is like to possess a great helping character to have the others just know several complicated subject
    areas. You truly surpassed my expectations.
    Many thanks for providing these great, safe, edifying and as
    well as unique guidance on the topic to Tanya.

10. Daniel

I’m really loving the theme/design of your web site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility problems? A small number of my blog readers have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?

11. More

Excellent web site. Plenty of useful info here. I’m sending it to several friends ans
    also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks for your effort!

12. Jacquelyn

Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for info about this topic for a while and yours is the best I have discovered so far. But, what about the bottom line? Are you positive in regards to the supply?

13. Read the Full Piece of writing

Hey there, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog in Opera, it looks fine but when opening in Internet
    Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, very good blog!

14. gold watches

I am sure this post has touched all the internet people, its really really pleasant paragraph on building up new web site.

15. well well

Why do copyright holders only allow people from certain countries to view their content?