1/8? 1 ounce?

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by Killersquid87, Sep 29, 2002.

1. Killersquid87 Killersquid87

• Since: Sep 29, 2002
    I am pretty new to weed, a friend of mine introduced me to it this summer so right away I had to find as much info and the termonology as soon as possible, but 1 thing I can't understand is how (without a scale) do I know how much an 1/2 1/4 1/8 or anything is, I mean if I goto a dealer without knowing this I could very easily get ripped off.
  2. t0ker t0ker

• Since: Jul 25, 2001
    Welcome to mj.com!!

1/8 is about 1/4 quater of a ziplock bag
    1/4 is about half a ziplock bag
    1/2 is a ziplock bag
    ounce is 2 bags
  3. Killersquid87 Killersquid87

• Since: Sep 29, 2002
    Thanks man, that helps alot, and thanks for the nice welcome.... I am so happy I am now involved in the exciting world of weed... Or the eww as some people say
  4. I_Love_Nugs I_Love_Nugs

• Since: Sep 22, 2002
    What kind of bags are you using? An ounce is not 2 ziplock bags. It is close to one bag or so.
  5. Conine Conine

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Oct 31, 2001
    Kind of depends on how run down the bag is....

And of course it will depend on how dense the bud is, or if it's been compressed...

General rule used in this area is a finger's width for a quarter, 2 for a half, four for an ounce... it certainly isn't science, but it's quick and easy.
  6. HotLunch HotLunch

• Since: May 13, 2002
    You folks..

....crack me up.

Buy a scale.

Expect to get ripped off. This is a black market.

You can't eyeball bud. I have bud so dense, you could pack an ounce into a soup can.
  7. t0ne t0ne

• Since:
    yeah...

exactly, people wanna rip u off hardcore so they'll lie to you.

Best tactic when buying weed is not to listen to the dealer. If they say "creeper" before you effectively zone them out then just leave :p

Anyways, look for constistancy in the buds, compare the bud to stem/beaner ratio and make sure you're not just buying stems n small leaves/buds. Never accept a pre-weighed bag from your dealer. Always look at him/her slyly and tell em that you're not a moron, set the baggy down near them and tell em to hook it up.
    Honestly if you're buying commercial schwaggy poo then an eighth is usually filling the bottom of a normal ziplock about a centimeter or so. That should be about 3.5 grams. But screw that ghetto sh*t, buy a hand-scale. They cost anywhere from $3-8 and will give you a good idea of how much it weighs.
    And be careful, I've made good money off of stuff from my mom's spice-rack before. If you're suspicous and don't know for sure, taste it. If it tastes like pizza or meatballs it isn't weed, its oregano, parsley, chime, and/or a number of other good fakes.
  8. vaya vaya

• Activist
    • Since: Jun 20, 2002
    Not cool, man...

I've made good money off of stuff from my mom's spice-rack before. If you're suspicous and don't know for sure, taste it. If it tastes like pizza or meatballs it isn't weed, its oregano, parsley, chime, and/or a number of other good fakes.

:nono:
  9. Mr.Mojorisin Mr.Mojorisin

• Mr. M
    • Since: Feb 3, 2002
    Yeah if your buying fat bags (1/4 and up) on a regular basis and you dont know the dealer, get a scale
  10. t0ker t0ker

• Since: Jul 25, 2001
    I was acutally talking about those sandwich (sp?) bads with no lock thingy. They're not that big.

Stoned :chokin: