125 Year Old Woman Claimed Smoking Pot Everyday Was Her Secret to Long Life

Discussion in 'Legalization/Decriminalization' started by claygooding, Jan 16, 2012.

1. claygooding claygooding

• DrugWarVeteran
    • Since: May 13, 2009
    125 Year Old Woman Claimed Smoking Pot Everyday Was Her Secret to Long Life
    cafevaletudo / 4/13/2011

A 125-year-old woman, said to be one of the oldest women in India, died at her home in Orissa, her family said Sunday. Fulla Nayak claimed that smoking cannabis every day was her secret to long life.

Fulla Nayak, a resident of Kanarpur village in the coastal district of Kendrapada, died of old age complications Saturday.

[IMG]

According to her 72-year-old grandson, Fulla was 125. But as per a voter photo identity card issued by the government in 1995 she was 120 years.

The grand old woman lived in a small mud-walled thatched house in Kanarpur, about 25 km from the district headquarters. She is survived by two of her four daughters and around two dozen relatives.

Her eldest daughter, Jamuna, 92, lives in the same village. Her husband died at the age of 50.

Fulla was in the news when her grandson Narayan Nayak claimed last week that she could be the oldest woman living in the world. He had said that he would write to the Guinness book authorities to record the claim.

Fulla was known for her love of smoking ganja and cigars and palm juice. She also loved steaming hot tea.

She had never suffered any debilitating ailment throughout her life. Except for her weak eyesight, Fulla maintained good health and used to walk without support.

Couldn't locate in our archives,,,needs replaying occasionally anyway.
    7 people like this.
  2. Emarosa Emarosa

• Since: Jun 26, 2011
    This is wicked cool. Thanks for the share bro.
  3. schkinkla schkinkla

• Since: Mar 29, 2011
    Weed, prolonging life.
  4. Raizor *3GS* Raizor *3GS*

• Since: Apr 5, 2010
    Hell yeah. That's what I'm talkin 'bout. They tell us Mary J is bad but this woman smoked it everday until she was 125....
  5. iCurlBabies iCurlBabies

• Since: Feb 6, 2011
    That's the coolest great, great, great grandma I've ever seen.
  6. clint902 clint902

• Since: May 20, 2011
    Maybe she just had good genes. Her eldest daughter is 92. Does she smoke pot I wonder? The palm juice could have something to do with it too!
  7. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    Cheech and chong, willlie nelson..More perfect examples of how weed helps you live longer..
  8. Sierra Twist 11 Sierra Twist 11

• Since: May 28, 2011
    Hell yeah! Cheers to the sweet peace herb! :rasta:
  9. frolic frolic

• Since: Apr 1, 2001
    Let us all move to a mud hut and smoke ganja!

Then again, I have grown perhaps overly fond of having an in-house shi++er and shower.
    No longer am I the restless, dust covered vagabond.
    3 people like this.
  10. clint902 clint902

• Since: May 20, 2011
    A mud hut with plenty of weed? Doesn't get any better than that! Has to be in a warm climate though.:D
  11. Dedbr Dedbr

• Domestic War Veteran
    • Since: Mar 24, 2001
    There was another story years ago here about an old woman who lived in the Orient who was over 110 and said she drank a quart of liquor a day, smoked herb every day, a bowl of rice and some fish and that was it.....;)

She died about two months later.......:(

Ded...
  12. Raizor *3GS* Raizor *3GS*

• Since: Apr 5, 2010
    They always die shortly after. =[

We should just leave them alone, and see how long they live.
  13. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Jimi Hendrix smoked ganja every day and died at age 29… Let's try to keep some perspective.
  14. claygooding claygooding

• DrugWarVeteran
    • Since: May 13, 2009
    Hard to keep perspective on a guy that was using a lot more drugs than grass.
  15. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    My point is that one old woman's anecdotal story really doesn't tell us anything. Young people who smoke grass and don't do any other drugs die of various things all of the time.

My grandmother smoked cigarettes all her life and died of lung cancer at 90. Should I attribute her long life to smoking cigarettes? The logic would be the same.
  16. Csharp Csharp

• Since: Nov 18, 2008
    true. but is it the reason he died?? no.. i respect what you say but that analogy doesn't give me any perspective. as for this, i think alot of things are possible, but idk. i'd say marijuana prolonging your life is just as likely as it shortening your life. you never will truly know though, i think it effects everyone differently. it could keep one person alive, then possibly be killing the next slowly.
  17. Keith Keith

• Discouraged
    • Since: Oct 26, 2000
    The idea is not that marijuana prolongs your life, but it doesn't hinder the prolongation of someone's lifespan. The Jimi analogy is actually good, because we don't want to give anyone the impression that cannabis is some magic potion that renders the user invulnerable to death.

It won't prolong your life, but it won't prevent it either.
  18. Linx Linx

• Banned
    • Since: Jan 13, 2012
    Awesome.

It goes to show that Modern society is riddled with crap that will kill us way too early. That's why I am going to retire in the country.
  19. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    It would certainly be possible to do a study to see whether cannabis use lengthened or shortened peoples life spans. They did it with tobacco and found that cigarette smokers, on average, die seven years sooner than non-smokers.
  20. Linx Linx

• Banned
    • Since: Jan 13, 2012
    How would you control such an experiment?