6405N SAP 5-50 GC/MS What is it?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by maria2, Aug 2, 2004.

1. maria2 maria2

• Since: Aug 2, 2004
    undefinedTEST: 6405N SAP 5-50 GC/MS

My prospective employeer ordered me to take this test. What is it? What are they measuring? Is it possible to buy some version of home test to check it before going to the center?

I am not smoking myself, but I have a number of friends who are smoking at the parties. Unfortunately, I am an unlucky person, so if **** happens, it hapens to me :(((
  2. IamN2pot IamN2pot

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Oct 19, 2003
    THe 6405N SAP 5-50 GC/MS is one of the most common test drug test fron Quest. It breaks down like this.
    SAP = Substance Abuse Panel(s)
    5 = number of panels, drugs tested for (they include Cocaine, Speed, Opiates, PCP, and THC)
    50 = the 50ng/ml cutoff level for THC
    GC/MS = a GC/MS conformation test will be done is any initial panel test is positive.
    As far as you quest about a home test that mirrows this test, they should be available at your local national chain drug store. The 5 panel test generally cost around $30.
    Hope that helps. N2
  3. blas blas

• Since: Mar 3, 2005
    sap?

so is it a EMIT panel in the first stage?
  4. killavanilla killavanilla

• Since: Jan 23, 2005
    Word. N2 came out to say hi.
    Feels good....
    Unless you fail it, the EMIT panel is the ONLY step.
    They only test positive results, and only to confirm it as a positive.
    Pass the Emit, and you are home free.
    Good luck. :cool:
  5. Yeppers Yeppers

• Since: Feb 16, 2006
    35533n Sap 5-50/300 Gc/ms

Question. So does the test get tested for GC/MS automatically or is there an initial test you must fail. I am confused b/c everything I found says the GC/MS test is for 15ng but the test title implies 50! Somebody help me!!!! What does the 35533N mean anyways? Is this different from the 6405N??
  6. Secs Secs

• Since: Dec 21, 2005
    The 6405N and 35533N are codes for specific employers (lab accounts)

The EMIT is a screening of the urine. The urine is SCREENED at 50mL for THC. (this is the "initial test" you spoke of above).

IF the screening shows non-negative (indicating it might be positive), the urine is then sent to the GC/MS for a CONFIRMATION. The confirmation level in the GC/MS is 15ng/mL.

If you pass the initial screening at 50mL, your urine will not see the GC/MS. However, if your urine indicates non-negative at 50ng/mL, it will be sent to the GC/MS for an analysis of the drug for which you screened non-negative. The GC/MS will then detect and report any level of THC over 15ng/mL.

lew scannon or N2, correct me if I mis-stated here.

Hope this cleared things up for you.
  7. Hawg Hawg

• Since: Mar 21, 2005
    Yep you have it right. As Buzzby has said a 50 ng cutoff on an intial screen is virtually the same as a 15 ng cutoff on the GC/MS as the first looks for all 31 metabolites and the GC/MS looks for only one.