A Stoners Complete Guide To Saliva Drug Testing 101

Discussion in 'Blood, Hair & Saliva Testing' started by MJgotmebydaBals, Apr 15, 2006.

1. MJgotmebydaBals MJgotmebydaBals

• Since: Apr 15, 2006
    My Very First Saliva Test:

About a three days ago I had my interview for a job @ Costco where they informed me that they would be screening any of my specimen's of choice for illegal substances. I luckily new someone who had just recently had to take a saliva test for the job and she assures me that I will also be taking a saliva test within the next week or so. Im completely new at this whole saliva test thing but I figure I can try all the shit out on the market and go through any tips I find here on the site and let all of you know whether or not I pass or fail.

So if any of you have any relevant experience in this field or know anything about saliva testing please reply to this thread and I will do my part in a tracking down the results and procedures throughout the ordeal. I have about five days or so to pass this test and I am smoking today. The clock starts now....lets hear some feed back!!!!!
  2. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

• Since: Feb 15, 2006
    From here up belongs on the urine testing forum.

This may come as a surprise, but not everyone on this site is a pothead. As a matter of fact, some don't even smoke pot :D

Retracted my answer because you are in high school and claim you are 19. (I doubt it) You also are PROBABLY TRYING TO DECEIVE YOUR PARENTS. I will not provide you with answers.
  3. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Interesting mix of information, misinformation, sales pitch, and contradictions.

THC is not water soluble. It's plenty soluble in oils, alcohols, and other organic solvents.

Drinking more than the amount necessary for good hydration for weeks prior to a test isn't going to do you much good but drinking the correct large quantity immediately prior to a test is part of every good dilution protocol and every phony "detox" product.

All of these products work by dilution. They do not convert THC metabolites into something that can't be detected, as they'd like you to believe. They do not remove THC metabolites from your body. Only time and fat-burning exercise can do that. You can duplicate the actions of these products for a fraction of the price by following the guidelines in these links:

Dilution and aspirin-- the technique

DILUTION: tips, tricks and guidelines from N2

Because they work by dilution, detox drinks can fail if the concentration of THC metabolites is too high. Drinking a lot of fluids makes you pee a lot, reducing the concentration of THC metabolites in your blood. They'll be restored from that stored in fatty tissue but eventually they'll all leach out if you don't smoke. Drinking a reasonable amount of fluids shortly before your test will dilute your urine, lowering the concentration of THC metabolites. Urine tests look at the concentration (ng/ml) of THC metabolites, so by adding water and reducing the concentration you can pass a test. If you dilute too much it will spoil the test and you'll be retested or failed. The aspects of dilution techniques other than drinking fluids are to make dilute urine appear to be less dilute. At high concentrations of THC metabolites it is not possible to dilute enough without diluting too much.

Wow! The stuff I smoked back in the late 60s/early 70s was around 3-4% THC. That means today's weed must be 300-400% THC! Growers are using 11-dimensional math to accomplish this seemingly impossible task. :rofl2:

A total myth. Niacin does nothing to "burn out" THC from your system.

Sales pitch? Nothing removes THC metabolites from your system other than time and fat burning exercise.

THC metabolites have a half-life that averages 36 hours in the human body. In three weeks your body would eliminate 99.4% of its THC metabolite load without doing anything. In two weeks it would eliminate 80% of its THC metabolite load.

Another sales pitch? Nothing removes THC metabolites from your body other than time and fat-burning exercise.

True! The important one is the B2, but a balanced B-Complex is better for you. Take one or two a few hours before the test.

True!

Total BS.

Total BS.

This is what we call the "blow off". The thing to which everything else is only a preamble. This is where they really rip you off.

Take a look at this forum. Saliva tests have a detection window of 14-48 hours, depending on which "expert" you talk to. Toothbrushing and mouthwash shortly before the test will help.
  4. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

Buzzby Good Reply

I just got done editing my reply and found out this kid is 19 (maybe) and still in high school.Must be deceiving his parents if still in high school. I won't be replying to him again. You in a round about way :) got it right. He has all the answers anyway and doesn't need our help. Typical post from a MINOR. ;)
  5. Secs Secs

• Since: Dec 21, 2005
    This kid might be 19 years old, but belongs in high school. He/she still has a lot to learn.

We should just let him/her waste all that big money he/she will make from that minimum wage, part time job at Costco on all that magic detox crap. That way, there will be no money left to purchase his/her weed.
  6. 1tokeovertheline 1tokeovertheline

I said I wouldn't reply to him. Well I said "him" because of the name, but maybe not ;)
    sec3 I am replying to you and all I got to say is "GOOD ONE" :rofl2:
  7. CDXX1388 CDXX1388

• Since: Aug 29, 2011
    a bit selfrighteous some of you guys?

what the hell, i get that people pass judgement all the time, but come on, some of you douches really peg yourselves as people that have nothin better to do than get online and degrade people to make yourselves feel better about your own shit that be spoken about in a degrading way. back off, you don't wanna help the kid out then move on to the next post.

MJgotmebydaBals, by now i'm sure you've been tested, but i'm gonna post my advice because i found this thread when i looked up saliva tests on google, and this may be useful to others.
    i actually just got a job as an electrician, smoked 2 days before i was swabbed and still passed. i rinsed with mouthwash vigorously, brushed the hell outta my teeth gums n tongue, and for the actual test i let the sponge touch my gums just long enough to get moist, then held it between my teeth where it couldn't absorb much more moisture. once the test is finished the swab is put into a little capsule that has liquid inside of it anyway.
    the only person i heard of that has failed a swab test had smoked just before like a dumbass lol, otherwise i hear that swabs don't detect THC very well, and if they do it's because people smoked within a small amount of time of takin the test.
    basically, if you know you're gettin swabbed and have time before the actual test, you should pass. if you come out positive then you probably smoked and deserved it.

Mod note: Congrats. You earned an infraction with your first post. In case you're new to forums, none of 'em allow name calling/flaming.
    "You agree to treat each member with respect. Any posts that 'flame' other members (calling them names, racist or insulting them) or 'troll' members (harassing posts, posts made just to tick a particular member off) will be moved to the tank and an infraction given."
    http://www.marijuana.com/introductions/123766-posting-guidelines.html
  8. BornOnApril20 BornOnApril20

• Since: Aug 31, 2011
    THC is in your saliva for no more than 48 hours...no detox, no masking agent needed. your body will take care of you. Its that simple. I cant believe the volume of people here tripping out over this.
  9. NerdsSmokeDownToo NerdsSmokeDownToo

• Since: Sep 28, 2011
    Hello, I want to share my experience to anyone who had gotten a saliva drug test and are worried they failed.

I smoke weed usually every day or every other day and program and code. Sunday while I was lighting up a joint with my Girlfriend when I got a call from a REALLY big employer asking if I could come in for an interview on TUESDAY and that there will be a drug test. :eek: I couldn't turn down the offer so I agreed and immediately drove to my local headshop and picked up some Clean Stream synthetic urine kit (which is actually a fantastic product priced around $35-$40 in my local shops.) because I definitely wasn't going to pass that drug test. I didn't smoke within those two days because I wanted to be as clear minded as possible when meeting with my dream jobs boss for the first time.

So Tuesday comes and I get my little suit on, comb my hair, strap on my fake little bladder of fake urine, and head to the interview. I ace the interview, this lady LOVES me! I pretty much have this position in the bag. She then tells me I have to sign off for the drug test and tells me its an ORAL SALIVA TEST..... Oh shit. :trippy: (One of those STAT saliva drug test capsules.) She hands me the test and tells me to put it in my right cheek and wait until it is soggy and really wet. My stomach sinks. I was so very angry and disappointed that I just had to go through all the trouble of buying the $37 piss, strap the piss under my clothing, and sit uncomfortably with heating packs on my junk through my whole interview JUST to get saliva tested?!? Outrageous!

Anyways I stick the stupid stick in my mouth, with the employer sitting in front of me, making sure no funny moves are pulled. New to a saliva test I just stick it in my right cheek and kinda start chewing it a bit, take it out a few times to check it, then put it in my mouth and chew it a little more, then handed it back to the employer. He told me the results and everything were going to show up sometime that day and that she will give me a call if they were interested.

I left that office feeling very upset and angry. I damned weed for a second then realized that its not weed, its the fuckers who banned weed, damn them to hell.:mad:

Anyways, now today is wednesday, I've applied for several littler companies already, almost knowing I failed that test and moving on. But all the sudden my phone rings, IT THE JOB! Holy shit, are they calling to say that I failed? What the hell? I answer it and they informed me that I indeed PASSED my drug test and that they would like for me to come in for orientation tomorrow! I was flipping shit. I was dumbfounded and relieved, how did I pass that test??? did they like me enough to let me have the job regardless of me being a nerdy stoner? I don't care, all I know is that I can go back to chiefing and doing what I do best.

I guess after 48hrs your good to take a saliva test, implying that all your using is marijuana. :hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::hail::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock::lock:
  10. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    I smoked the night before a saliva drug test and passed..My meathod was I brushed the shit out of my teeth and mouth probably 3 times before I went to bed..Then once when I woke up and once about a half hour before the test..

Make sure you brush you gums, the sides of your mouth, the top your tounge, under your tounge..Every freakin where..And I also used alot of mouth wash, but I doubt that helped any..
  11. Snoman63 Snoman63

• Since: Dec 1, 2011
    From the tester it's self

Abbreviated name on test Proper name Other names Approximate detectable time it remains in the Saliva after use.
    AMP Amphetamines Speed, amph or whizz. 10 MIN - 72 HOURS
    COC Cocaine Coke, crack or charlie. 10 MIN - 24 HOURS
    MET Methamphetamines Glass, ice or meth. UP TO 14 HOURS
    MTD Methadone Dolly, Red Rock 10 MIN - 72 HOURS
    OPI Opiates Heroin, smack or gear. UP TO 2 DAYS
    PCP Phencyclidine   UP TO 24 HOURS
    THC Marijuana Cannabis, puff, spliff or hash. 1 HOUR - SEVERAL DAYS
    2. Q: What is the detection window compared to other drug testing methods?

A: Saliva and blood have similar detection windows. Testing saliva/blood will detect drug use faster than testing urine. Saliva/blood may detect drug ingestion immediately while drug detection in urine may take 6-8 hours post ingestion.

3. Q: What is a lateral flow device?

A: The oral fluids test is based on competitive binding. Drugs that may be present in the oral fluid specimen compete against their respective drug conjugate for binding sites on their specific antibody. During testing, a portion of the oral fluid sample migrates across the membrane. If no drug is present above the cut-off, the sample will not saturate the binding sites of its specific antibody. The antibody will then react with the drug-protein conjugate and a visible colored line will show up in the test line region. The presence of a drug above the cut-off concentration will saturate all the binding sites of the antibody and a line will not form in the test region. The lateral flow is the migration and competition across the membrane.

4. Q: Does the test quantify the concentration of drugs present in the oral fluids sample?

A: A positive test result does not indicate the concentration of drug in the sample. All positive results are presumptive and should be confirmed by an alternate method (e.g. GC/MS or GC/MS/MS). Negative results may not necessarily indicate a drug-free sample. Drug may be present in the sample below the cutoff level of the assay.