A whole new experience, Meditation and Marijuana

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by nornerator, Jul 31, 2007.

1. nornerator nornerator

• Since: Oct 28, 2005
    I have been practicing vipassana meditation for over a year now on a daily basis (lately twice daily)

In the past I tried to meditate while vaporizing cannabis at the same time, but never had the concentration to follow through.

Now a year later, having developed my concentration further, and developing a new technique, I have found out that a controlled cannabis experience can be very different than the regular relaxation normally found from marijuana.

I find that if I start meditating for 10-20 minutes and then after my calm concentration has been cultivated I start vaporizing, while maintaining concentration.

Amazing visuals, sensations, and emotions pass through your mind. Feeling as if you are flying, seeing a dream play out without actually being "in the dream", colors, patterns, it is almost psychedelic! The best part of it though, unlike real psychedelics is that you can stop the show at any time by simply opening your eyes.

Also if concentration is kept throughout the sitting upon ending the meditation you feel high (normal high) but you retain damn near close to 100% of your mental abilities! No mental fuzziness! But the body and mind are high! It is truly a wonderful experience.

Sometimes I sit for an hour, sometimes just 30 minutes after the vaporizing is complete, but all I can tell you, is that if you have been smoking marijuana for a while and are interested in achieving different states of mind without using other drugs, meditation is your friend.
  2. Broliette Broliette

• ~~~_\|/_~~~
    • Since: May 26, 2007
    That's beautiful man! Music to my ears! I humbly applaud you for your meditation technique. I will definitely incorporate that into my next meditation; thank you for sharing that.

Well done friend! Well done :chokin:
  3. Melange Melange

• Since: Oct 28, 2006
    good on you for using cannabis to enrich your life! :D
  4. gp31089 gp31089

• Since: Jun 20, 2007
    I enjoy a deep meditation while I'm stoned too. It really does change the experience.
  5. ITG ITG

• Ardent Dilettante
    • Since: Nov 19, 2006
    I've totally had this happen, and it's a very awesome way to be high. I personally have a lot of difficulty completely emptying my mind as a lot of people do when meditating, but I find when I have something to focus on, it's totally amazing. So one night, my friend Gabe brought out his guzheng, and we all decided to meditate to it. Instead of aiming for total mental concentration, I instead game my mind a looseness that was focused on the music, sat back and watched where the music took me. It's hard to put it into words, but it does seem very much like a dream that you're not in, but watching, and understand better. Riding the wave of the music was a simply transcendent experience.

Meditating while high is definitely something I recommend everyone does at least once.
  6. mars mars

• Since: Mar 3, 2006
    I haven't meditated while high before, but I have lyed down on a couch, in the dark, and listened to some chill music with my eyes closed. It was pretty sweet and kinda like you described it except probably not as intense. I'll definitely have to try smoking then meditating some day though.
  7. pkster8235 pkster8235

• Lazy Dancer
    • Since: Jun 27, 2007
    That sounds really cool.
    I am definitely going to try that once I get more weed. :D