adhd strains

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by duckmn56, Oct 26, 2008.

1. duckmn56 duckmn56

• Since: Sep 24, 2008
    I have found that less is better too much especially if I smoke it will result in me being too "clouded" to get things down also I end up having a "couch-lock" thing. Im thinking this is from mainly indicas. I have read and heard sativas may be better and I think that I may have had some good success with sativas. My friend has some medical strains he is willing to let me try. He has some purple urkle, blueburry kush, sour diesel, and snow cap. I know what the markings on the bags say...but the information I find on the internet points some of the strains that were marked sativa as indica or even a hybrid.

For example the bag of sour diesel he has says it is a sativa. On the internet it says that strain is either a hybrid or a indica. (depending on site)

Also what strains have you guys found most effective.... and what delivery method.
  2. duckmn56 duckmn56

nevermind figured it out...
  3. Neko150 Neko150

• Since: Oct 9, 2008
    1 people like this.
  4. duckmn56 duckmn56

Thanks thats what I thought... I dunno where it was just a random link I found but I found more information about it being a sativa which I trusted.

I ended up getting some sour diesel, ak 47, and Frost.

:lock:
  5. ciregg222 ciregg222

• Since: Jun 29, 2008
    sour diesel is a sativa. stimulant type of buzz.

I am not a doctor so I cant recomend of course... but do stimulant based drugs help you such as ritalin or adderal ?? If they do... then do stimulant style sativas help?
  6. shibshib shibshib

• Since: Aug 8, 2007
    I call snowcap (a full sativa) "natural ritalin" as it gives me the same focus I used to get while on ritalin.

Trainwreck Bomb is another good one... but yeah, basically any pure (or primarily) sativa bud should help.
  7. duckmn56 duckmn56

thanks all yes it has been my experience that sativa strains have helped like ritelin except Im not a pill popping zombie....my fave is sour diesel and frosty would love to try snowcap I almost got that once...
  8. duckmn56 duckmn56

just got some jack hearer, pink Maui and Maui. All sativas, I had great success with the past three I tried I cant even decide based on taste, or effect because they all were great and the effect of having 3 different kinds to choose from was awesome almost like taking a kid chewable vitamin in terms of dosage. Easy to weigh out and monitor, I also did well on my exams. I got a 95 on my differential equations test and a 67 on my statics test but It was a hard test. A friend of mine who I compete with for grades (even though he doesnt know) but hes smart. He only got a 71 and the average was a 66. I am extremely happy with the results I have also begun getting ahead in all my classes. I also have experienced a loss in my anxiety.
  9. duckmn56 duckmn56

take jack hearer of that list it was marked sativa but damn it must not be a high enough percentage because when I vape that and go to class I couldve not gone and gotten more out of it....
  10. ctwalrus ctwalrus

• Since: Jun 21, 2008
    yummmmmm
    purple urkle
  11. duckmn56 duckmn56

So I guess this is my thread im gonna keep going as I learn more about adhd and mj. I now know I need to switch up the kind of bud I use because if i dont the positive effects diminish since I vape my medicine usually 2 times a day. I havent figured out how many days on one kind but i think it is around 2-3....
  12. jedu2838 jedu2838

• Since: Nov 17, 2008
    Oh my god, I've just started using MJ instead of Aderal (sp?) for the past month now and it is amazing.
    Studying/school
    On MJ: Alert but still there...if that makes sense, not so alert that I can't do anything else while working.
    On Aderal : Alert but robot

Impulsive (like terrets kinda)
    On MJ: Not impulsive at all!
    On Aderal: Still very impulsive. I feel that i have to do something and cant stop myself from doing something. For example, I have to like open the door 5 times or something.

Social
    On MJ: Can control myself. Don't feel the need to hate on people for no reason.
    On Aderal: I have social problems on aderal...i cant help making fun of people. Hurts my social life bad

Depression
    On MJ: Very happy, not depressed for no reason.
    On Aderal: Sad all the time

So am I me on MJ or on aderal....
  13. duckmn56 duckmn56

Studying/school
    On MJ: Alert but still there...if that makes sense, not so alert that I can't do anything else while working.
    On Aderal : Alert but robot

Impulsive (like terrets kinda)
    On MJ: Not impulsive at all!
    On Aderal: Still very impulsive. I feel that i have to do something and cant stop myself from doing something. For example, I have to like open the door 5 times or something.

I know exactly what your mean for all the criteria you mentioned. Especially these though. I was never satisfied with anything while I was on my medication i was always pushing the limits of everything. Now I am learning to stay within my means as far as time and things. For example I am quitting smoking, havent had a drink in a long time, no longer feel the need to get "fucked up". Also I have recently learned that with my major i need to have lots of time to work on my homework. I had overextended my self and thought I was depressed because of it but realize that im not depressed just overworked.
  14. jedu2838 jedu2838

• Since: Nov 17, 2008
    Yeah thats true I've noticed I've been drinking much much less and when I do its social not trying to get (like you said) fucked up.
  15. Vinton Vinton

• Since: Nov 27, 2008
    I'm about to get a license in Canada. I suffer from MS, BipolarII, ADHD and tourettes (tic). 2 strains are available from a BC supplier. Indica and stativa. How do I use MJ? At night I have leg spasms and insomnia and with ADHD I cant stop, my mind races.
    The MJ supplied by health Canada is sativa L.
    Any advice before I order. It is supplied 150 gr.
  16. duckmn56 duckmn56

This one is difficult but I would go with the indica from what i hear it should be better for pain and it should help you sleep.

Think of it this way sativa is like, ritilin in the sense that it is more of a stimulant..

Indica is like any pain medication but it also makes you have more of a couch lock...like you dont want to do anything
  17. chadwick chadwick

• Since: Sep 5, 2007
    green crack is my favorite since it leaves you so clear headed focused and willing to do things, ive only had it a few times but when i get it i love it since i do use for my ADD whenever possible
  18. Up In Smoke Up In Smoke

• Since:
    Kahuna.

Blueberry.
  19. Up In Smoke Up In Smoke

• Since:
    Vinton,

For spazms (which I commonly get) use an Indica dominant strain. It acts as a pain duller. More so than Sativa (which will still dull pain, mj is great for that).

Hashish is also great for spazms and physical problems. It gives you a clear head, but affects your body.

Sativa is great as a mind "calmer".

Puts you to ease if you are high strung (ADHD) and allows for great creativity. Refer to my post above for ideal Sativa strains.

An Indica that will suffice in pain reduction/spazm reducer would be one of a Kush Variety. Even a G-13