All my posts have to be verified by a staff member?

Discussion in 'Marijuana.com Support Forum' started by ChillinWithZach420, May 23, 2012.

1. ChillinWithZach420 ChillinWithZach420

• Since: May 6, 2012
    Just wondering why all my posts have to be verified by a staff member did i do something wrong or is this normal?
  2. Keith Keith

• Discouraged
    • Since: Oct 26, 2000
    This is normal, it's not just you at all. As a countermeasure to spam, the first few posts from a newly registered member must be approved by a moderator before going public to the boards. It helps us catch spambots before they get a chance to post their garbage.

Not sure what the specific number is, but after a certain amount of posts they will no longer need to be approved. Each new post from there will automatically be displayed publically for the forum to see.

This is a good question, and I'm going to sticky it so other new members can be reminded: As a newly registered member, your first few posts must be approved by the staff before being displayed on the forums.
  3. legalizeitnow1 legalizeitnow1

• Since: Nov 2, 2012
    is this still an active forum???? ive been waiting on a Mod to approve my comments for a few days now.
  4. Keith Keith

• Discouraged
    • Since: Oct 26, 2000
    Yeah, sorry about that fellas. They're working on the software, so lately the layout has been so glitchy that moderators can't click on the "Moderated Posts" section. Fortunately, I found an old link in my browser history that opens up all the moderated posts, so I'm currently going back on dozens & dozens of posts from the past 10 days and am approving/deleting them as deemed fit.

We're usually on top of these things, too. I wasn't online from 10/30-11/05 because of Hurricane Sandy (caused major power outages in New Jersey, I had no electricity for 6 consecutive days), otherwise I would've figured this out sooner.

So yeah, new posts still get moderated. Again, sorry it took so long to approve these.
  5. mj_is_cool mj_is_cool

• Since: Aug 20, 2013

Hi, I'm new here but I would like to know: "How does someone become a moderator?"