Allergic to Weed?!? *newbie*

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by weedprophet, Jun 17, 2001.

1. weedprophet weedprophet

• Since:
    The first trime i tried weed was in a brownie. I got high and it was a pleasent experience, i had no strange sideeffects, my second time was about 8 months later where i ate a second brownie, and this time the high was more intense, i really enjoyed this one, once more there were no strange aftereffects. I decided i would smoke the next time and consequently 2 weeks later i smoked out with my friend out of his metal pipe. I was hitting it good, i got toasted even though i only smoked like 3 bows, anyway everything was fine, but the next day i had a strange rash on my feet which looked like mosquito bites, i paid no attention to it thinking it was mosquito bites but the following day i notice that i had all these small red dots over parts of my body including my chest arms hands and even on the bottom of my feet. I decided to go to the doctor and ask him what he thought caused this. The doctor said that "It seems like an allergic reaction to something you ate or something you touched" then he proeceeded to ask me if i had touched any strange plant or been in the grass. I shruged my shoulders and he proceeded to tell me that i shouldn't worry abou since it seemed as though the small red marks were disapearin (which they were). Anyway that was about 2 weeks ago and its been almos a month since i smoked and the rash is all but gone, i don't know if it was the weed that caused this but i sure hope it wasn't im relluctent to smoke again because the reaction might be my bodies way of telling me that its not doin to good with the weed in my system. What do you guys think? Should i hit the weed, or call it quits? I mean after all... HOW come the eating the weed nothing happened but when i smoked it this sh*t happens... could it be the smoke im allergic too?
  2. Fuzz E L0g1c Fuzz E L0g1c

• Since:
    It wasn't from weed. Smoke up again and see for yourself.
  3. mexican dirt weed mexican dirt weed

• Since: Jan 4, 2001
    yah man its not from the weed and welcome to marijuana.com and the whole herbal expirence toke on brother
  4. Bailey1138 Bailey1138

• Since: Nov 26, 2000
    I doubt it has anything to do with weed. While the possiblity of being allergic to it does exist, something would have happened when you ate it. I'm willing to bet it was probably something else. The only way to know for sure it to smoke again, make sure you do nothing else out of the ordinary, so that the only variable involved is whether you smoked or not. I'm willing to bet you won't get a rash.
  5. huh? huh?

• Since: Dec 1, 2000
    and if you do get a rash again from smoking, eat it again and see what happens. It would be neat if it was something that you burned on the plant and inhaled but not the cannabinoids (THCdelta9, etc - get you high) that you were allergic too. Though it would also suck nuts.
  6. weedprophet weedprophet

• Since:
    thats what I'm thinking

Im going to smoke again tommorow and hopefully everthing will be ok, if not then im pretty sure its a chemical or something in the weed which im allergic too when its heated like you said. Keeping my fingers crossed

Thanks for the help guys...
  7. urban-ninja urban-ninja

• Since:
    yo, on a little side note, had afriend who just smelld weed and got a rash. His doctor said if he smoked it he would have died, crappy.
  8. Greenman Greenman

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Oct 8, 2000
    Normally, I am not one to disagree with a professional doctor, however, Marijuana has been used for more than 3,000 years recreationally and medicinally without one death that has been reported due to marijuana use alone. Given the fact that we have been involved in the voracious lies of the drug war, you can rest assured that is marijuana actually did kill someone, reguardless of the reason, that it would be tromped about by the government for years as justification for the laws. While it is possible to be allergic to marijuana, I have had a friend that was allergic to marijuana, and it is possible to have an allergy that is bad enough that you may need to go to the hospital, but Death? I just don't know.

In this case, he has eaten marijuana twice with no ill effects. If he was allergic, he would have most likely suffered the rash after he ate them as well.

Make sure to have a clean bag, take a smell when you open it up, taste a bud even. If the bud smells like grass, or pine, or skunk, and tastes kinda like dirt then you know that cologne or other chemicals which are normally put on marijuana to help conceal the smell from the dogs is not present, or not present is strong enough quantites to be detected.

One of the disadvantages of having marijuana sold on the black market is a lack of quality of material purchased. There are alot that is added to a bag of buds because of the risk involved with transporting and selling that would not be there, because there wouldn't be a need for them in a legalized regulated market.

Either way, be careful the next time you smoke, and pay attention to what your body is telling you. Take a hit or two and wait a couple of minutes before taking the next one. You might not get blasted stoned, but you will be in much more controle, and with a clearer head to notice and analyze anything odd that happens as a result.

Peace.