Any possible way of making a herb smoothie?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by brownie, Jun 6, 2004.

1. brownie brownie

• Since: May 30, 2004
    Ok, I love smoothies (my homemade ones). They're almost my favorite thing in the world, especially strawberry-banana. Sooooo tasty. Anyway, I was wondering if there was any possible way to make that smoothie a little more fun ;) . The dillema is that I've heard that you need heat to activate the THC. Is this true? Because that would defeat the purpose, as smoothies are cold, lol. Anyway, anyone got any ideas? Could I just throw some pot in there?

thanks,
    brownie
  2. goldberry goldberry

• Since: Mar 21, 2002
    You could make some canabutter and blend it in your smoothie. I've never tried it, but it might work.
  3. cronicredpepsi cronicredpepsi

• Since: Apr 30, 2004
    heres what you do get your weed and heavy wipping cream and double boil it on like 5 or lower on the stove for like 30 minutes or an hur dont burn it. Then strain it with a fine metal strainer. then cool the cream after its cooled add it to the smoothie. if you try it let me know how it works.
  4. Beatrix Beatrix

• Since: Feb 4, 2005
    Mix with rich coconut milk in tropical smoothie!

(I just learned that cannabis eating is more effective when fat is added, because fat attaches to the thc molecules, making it much easier to digest, or something.)

Pure fruit smoothies don't contain much fat, but you can add coconut milk to tropical fruit smoothies. I haven't tried it with cannabis yet, but I certainly will someday.

I don't live in the USA, but the type of coconut milk I use for smoothies is extra rich/concentrated/creamy. It contains 18% fat.

I guess you could add cannabis to the coconut milk before mixing it in a blender with the rest of the ingredients. I'm not sure whether or not you should heat the coconut milk/cannabis mix first, and/or "let it rest for a while" as we say in my country. Maybe some of the more experienced cannabis eaters have an opinion about this.
  5. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
  6. Dazed.Confused Dazed.Confused

• Since: Jan 2, 2005
    The whole point of a smoothie is so you dont have the fat/sugars of a milkshake, plus the fruit is awesome. My siggestion is just make something else with marijuana, then drink the delicious smoothie.
  7. Skribe Skribe

• Since: May 29, 2002
    What do you use to make a smoothy? hehe. Most any recipe that includes milk or butter can easily be replaced with buzzy milk or butter. It's simple to make the butter or milk to - 1/8oz or pot to every 1/2 cup of butter/milk. Break up the pot as small as possible - a grinder is reccomened. Then fry the pot with the milk/butter for about 8 minutes on low-medium heat. THC bonds well with butter or milk, that's why this process works great.