Anyone notice the recent surge of Weed related shows lately?

Discussion in 'Movies & Television' started by 101catz, Feb 16, 2012.

1. 101catz 101catz

• Since: Feb 2, 2012
    Just wondering if its a sign?
  2. Raizor *3GS* Raizor *3GS*

• Since: Apr 5, 2010
    I believe it is a sign. A sign that America is waking up to Cannabis. Back in the day when I was growin up... It would have been the equivalent of network suicide if you aired these shows. It just wasn't accepted like it is today. Now more than half the country supports legalization... And as that number grows we will one day succeed is smashing the lies against the rocks as we stand triumphant with our hands held high.
  3. 101catz 101catz

Thank God. Now I just have to convince my Wife. Wish me luck...

Oh, I pretty much DVR every show that comes on TV about weed. Most of it is NARC shit. But it goes to show the tremendous Law enforcement effort that goes to waste, when Weed is easier to obtain than liquor (for kids).

Time for a wake up!!!
  4. stoneygreenbud stoneygreenbud

• Super Moderator
    • Since: Oct 31, 2005

I have noticed that, as a matter of fact, I watched something called drugwars on discovery all evening last night. It was mostly about marijuana smuggling from Mexico through AZ & TX high-lighting the US Border Patrol and their role in stopping the Cartels flow of drugs across the border.

It was very interesting to see the many ways people are trying to get it across the borders into the US, just thinking, that for every 1 that they bust, 9 more are getting through.

I call it: throwing the dog a bone....

The cartels aren't making billions of dollars a year because all of their supply is being intercepted at these check points. IMO, the cartels are actually sending people (mules) with fairly small quantities, example: (100lbs or less) threw these check points, just to keep the agents busy while the real, larger shipments are getting threw.

~Stoney~

5. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    Ive seen those border war shows and smuggling shows..they are pretty damm cool..

I would like to see more weed shows tho..I would shoot one but I don't live in a medical state..
  6. Drizzle420 Drizzle420

• Since: Mar 6, 2011
    Yeah I've checked out border wars and Weed wars a few times they were pretty good. I also saw there's gonna be another new weed show called 'American Weed'.

7. 101catz 101catz

Starts the 22nd on National Geographic. DVR'd.

Anyday now, people will wake up.

I like these shows and all. BUT, I see them as the establishment showing off the big guns to all the little brainwashed masses, in an attempt to keep the war going. C'mon. You dont see it? None of the shows are absent from the Law being shown off...

I would like to see 1 show on TV where they show the true side of Weed. The positive side. I'm done with the propaganda spin crap. I dont want to see some cops wasting thousands of dollars a day to chase down a few "criminals." It makes me sick. Then you see them haul the dudes off to jail. $30,000 a year to house just 1 prisoner. Add on fuel and equipment expenses. Add on overtime for the NARC cops. Taxpayers pay for wars.
  8. Raizor *3GS* Raizor *3GS*

• Since: Apr 5, 2010
    I hear ya. I can't remember the name of the show, but that one show about the marijuana dispensary (I think on discovery channel) I'd say is one such show. It shows really well the benefits of medical marijuana.
  9. Drizzle420 Drizzle420

• Since: Mar 6, 2011
    It was weed wars on the Discovery Channel. I think it ended though because they don't show it anymore.
  10. clint902 clint902

• Since: May 20, 2011
    What hits me is the hypocrisy of it all. People that are against marijuana have no problem raising a glass to drink their favorite alcoholic beverage. The whole things is just stupid and they're hypocrites. My beverage of choice is marijuana so why the problem?
  11. friedfever friedfever

• Since: Jan 15, 2012
    I think this is a good thing as it gives MJ more exposure to the old people (40-60 years old) who still think weed is bad and stuff.
  12. Durden Durden

• Since: Jul 27, 2008
    American Weed is a great one you should check out if you haven't already. They do a good job of showing both sides of the issue, but definitely give a clearer perspective on dispensaries and the benefits of it. I think the general public is more aware of the anti perspective and this helps give faces and understanding to the pro side.