AR: Arkansas medical marijuana backers submit petitions

Discussion in 'The Drug War Headline News' started by claygooding, Jul 6, 2012.

1. claygooding claygooding

• DrugWarVeteran
    • Since: May 13, 2009
    AR: Arkansas medical marijuana backers submit petitions
    KY3 /AP / 7,6,2012

Arkansans for Compassionate Care submitted 11,000 pages petitions Thursday that they say have 67,885 signatures. The secretary of state's office will spend the next few days making an initial rough count of the signatures gathered by the group.

To earn a spot on the ballot, the group must submit 62,507 signatures from registered voters. The secretary of state's office has 30 days to verify the signatures submitted.

Friday is the deadline to submit signatures for ballot measures. Signatures have not been submitted yet for the other five proposals vying for a spot on the ballot.

And another state attempts to take their right to cannabis from their politicians.
    lonelyjimmyg likes this.
  2. lonelyjimmyg lonelyjimmyg

• Since: Apr 16, 2012
    :rasta: Gotta love a state where people will stand up for their rights against elected(so-called) officials.... Peace & Pot Jim
  3. 2buds 2buds

• Since: Jun 10, 2012
    Will probably take a couple go rounds for this one. I don't see compassionate people of passionate "faith" allowing it. This is a state where Baptists and Pentecostals won't even let alcohol to be sold in most counties. I live in a "dry county" - surrounded by dry counties. I have to go 22.8 miles to the nearest liquor store for beer (for my wife). I don't drink, but I vape a little weed here. I hope it passes. I live so far in the boonies (no way to be within 20 miles of a dispensary) I could grow my own!
  4. claygooding claygooding

• DrugWarVeteran
    • Since: May 13, 2009
    After Pat Robinson came out supporting legalization of marijuana there has been a slow shift from the Baptist towards ending prohibition,,it has a lot to do with the recent increase in the numbers of Black preachers and churches endorsing ending the war on drugs because it is being used as the "new Jim Crow" law and basically being used as a tool to suppress minorities,,,not that the Baptist won't suppress minorities,,,they just don't want anyone to think they support such actions,,,that's my take on it Vern
  5. 2buds 2buds

• Since: Jun 10, 2012
    A little like the old joke about a man that always takes 2 Baptists fishing with him. Why 2 instead of 1? Cause if you take just 1 he'll drink all your beer. If you take 2 neither one wants it known they drink.

If I remember right, the Ken Burns docu emphasized how the women organized into a large unstoppable force to help with repeal. Why doesn't that work today - and what WILL be that unstoppable force that goes down in history that led to the repeal of Marijuana prohibition.

Whatever works - I'm up for it.
  6. SourDieselMan SourDieselMan

• Since: Jul 13, 2011
    This makes me so happy, I really hope Arkansas gets it.