Autism In Children Managed With Medical Marijuana

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by ScrogBetty, Dec 27, 2012.

1. ScrogBetty ScrogBetty

• Admin
    • Since: Aug 5, 2007
    Joey’s mom made a life changing decision… Medicinal marijuana would be her son’s final stand in a final battle against the ravages of autism and the negative effects of the prescribed medications.

10-year-old Joey was diagnosed with autism when he was just 16 months old, and his symptoms are severe. He doesn’t speak, he doesn’t walk and the prognosis for him is that he will never lead a so-called “normal life.”

Joey’s mother and their extended team of doctors tried everything. 13 different medications in total, at one point the tiny boy was taking six medications at once as a means of trying to control the violent, and antisocial symptoms of severe autism. Regrettably, the medications were having nearly as bad an effect on Joey’s health as the original ailment. Among the most notable side effects of the prescribed medications for Joey’s autism was liver damage, minor seizures, insomnia and drastic weight loss.

Joey’s mother goes on to mention “he was diagnosed with malnutrition and anorexia, he only weighed 46 pounds, and he was very weak. You could see the bones in his face. At that moment I realized if I do not take him off these hard-core prescription medications, my son was going to die.”