Bang for your buck?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by MountainDew099, May 5, 2010.

1. MountainDew099 MountainDew099

• Since: Apr 25, 2010
    What method of smoking is the best for using the least amount of weed but getting the highest? What is the best way to use the least amount of weed and get the most tokes.
  2. bluedeadbear bluedeadbear

• Since: May 19, 2009
    Get a vaporizer...that shit lasts forever
    3 people like this.
  3. toke_after_toke toke_after_toke

• Since: Aug 16, 2009
    In order of using the least amount of weed to get you the most fucked up to using the most:

1. Grav Bong
    2. Vape
    3. Regular Bong (waterpipe)
    4. Edibles (Not for whole recipe but for example 1 gram in 1 firecracker would be equivalent in how high you are to several bowls, most likely more than a gram worth to the face)
    5. Bowls
    6. Joints
    7. Blunts
  4. SpiralSpindle SpiralSpindle

• Since: Jan 15, 2009
    I think capes might still be more conservative than a gravity bong. Because burning does yield less thc just from the flame and everything. So you can only get so much from a small amount of weed. Gravs just make hugggggge hits and all. Vaporization though, does not burn (if done correctly) the weed and the yield of thc is muuuuuch higher than burning.
    2 people like this.
  5. SenorSmokesALot SenorSmokesALot

• Subscriber
    • Since: Sep 19, 2009
    Personally this is how I would list it:
    1. Vape
    2. Edibles (contingent on how well it was prepared)
    3. Bong
    4. Pipe
    5. Joint
    6. Blunt

Generally, the less heat applied to the bud, the longer it lasts and the more efficient the THC is released. Vaping allows you to release THC at a rather low level thus preserving more weed. Edibles can be made at extremely low heats and if you use the vaccuum sealer method (search for it! haha) you utilize a good portion of the THC. Bongs and pipes are very similar though being pulled through the water allows you to keep more of the inhaled smoke in. Joints and blunts both constantly burn so they aren't very efficient. In terms of price and ease, Bong is the way to go. If you can afford a quality vape though, I would highly suggest getting one because they are outstanding! The highest you'll ever get with just a pinch of bud.
  6. Shellshock Shellshock

• Subscriber
    • Since: Oct 16, 2009
    Gravity Bong is definitely less efficient than a vaporizor. You're still combusting the product, therefore decreasing the efficiency to levels considerably lower than a vape.
  7. Cannabis_Joe Cannabis_Joe

• Since: Oct 15, 2009
    Even though edibles use less 'heat', you still are eating it. Your stomach has a lower bioavailability for THC. Thus, if you eat it, you'll need more to feel the effects. So in terms of which takes less weed, I'd say edibles are at the bottom of the list.
  8. SenorSmokesALot SenorSmokesALot

• Subscriber
    I guess that may be true but I generally feel a deeper high with edibles than with smoking. A quarter can be split into 24 brownies, 2 brownies can give me a lasting high so .02 of an oz will keep me stoned all day. I would consider that pretty efficient.
  9. Love4TheNugg Love4TheNugg

• NorCal MushroomCloud
    • Since: Mar 25, 2010
    From personal experience I'd say:

(Being most efficient to least)

1.Vaps
    2.Bongs
    3.Pipes
    4.Edibles
    5.joints/blunts
  10. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    When you smoke you burn some of the THC and cannabinoids without getting the benefit. Most of what you get with smoking are the vaporized compounds that are released by the heat before incineration/combustion occurs. So vaporizing is the most effiicient way to partake. Most people who switch to vaping report a considerable stretching of their supply.
  11. bluedeadbear bluedeadbear

• Since: May 19, 2009
    What kind of weed do you use? Wait .02 of an ounce? is that 2 percent or .2 grams...i'm confused
  12. rsbattle rsbattle

• Since: Jun 5, 2009
    Yes, he said .02 of an Oz

its like .56-.6, of a gram...

if we use math, we can do it 2 ways..

Oz 28.2x.0.02=.564 (aka, 2 of his brownies)

or...

28.2x.25=7.05/24brownies=.293x2brownies aten=.58
  13. toke_after_toke toke_after_toke

• Since: Aug 16, 2009
    I haven't had a chance to use a real vape only poorly made homemade ones. A real one sounds nasty though.
  14. SenorSmokesALot SenorSmokesALot

• Subscriber
    Quarter = .25 of an ounce / 25 = .01 ounces per brownie x 2 brownies = .02 of an ounce or .6 grams.

Thinking about it, though, I usually cut it in to 12ths so what I should have put was .04 of an ounce which equals roughly 1.2 grams which I guess really isn't that efficient compared to smoking. Anyway, cheers!
  15. FenderGreen FenderGreen

• Since: Apr 20, 2010
    I'd say top 3 are
    Vaporizers
    Gravity bongs
    brownies
  16. Shellshock Shellshock

• Subscriber
    • Since: Oct 16, 2009
    Eating is very inefficient... just so you know :) the vape belongs there though.