Beer+weed=???

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by KiloKilledTheCat, Mar 8, 2008.

1. KiloKilledTheCat KiloKilledTheCat

• Since: Jan 23, 2008
    Hey I have smoked weed for like a long time but never drank then got fucked up until yesterday when my friend brought over this blueberries weed and we got so fucked up it felt like i was sick and going to pass out but i didnt green out...... If any one could help that would be great....... also i took 4 advil for a head ache could that have done it?
  2. steakii steakii

• Since: Nov 4, 2006
    If i smoke weed after i have been drinking beer, i throw up and get the spins and everything for the rest of the night is a blurr. If i smoke 1st then drink, it is much better because i can stop drinking when i have had too much. Mixing the 2 really fucks you up if you do alot of both of them. Have a little bit of weed and a little beer makes you feel great though.
  3. circasurvivefan circasurvivefan

• Since: Jun 5, 2007
    I'd have to agree. Smoking after drinking can often lead to a bad case of the spins and puking. Normally I'll start off by smoking then drinking like I'd normally do with maybe one or two light smoke sessions throughout the night but when I start to feel drunk I tend to lay off the weed. As already said, its very easy to overdue it and turn it from a fun feeling into a not so fun night over the toilet.

Secondly, don't ever take that many advil and drink again. You really should read the label. Acetaphetamene (spelling is probably not right) is processed by the liver as is alcohol and when you take too much of either you will do damage to it. It's also a very slow process where you might not even know until 2 weeks or so later that your liver is having problems, when its too late to get medical attention. If you have that bad of a headache or pains that you need to take 4 advil don't drink. Now 4 isn't that high of a dosage but it's still an unnecessary risk that you don't want to take.
  4. RookieSmoker RookieSmoker

• Since: Oct 14, 2007
    I've smoked, drank and smoked, nothing happened though, but it wasn't beer, it was tanqueray ten mixed w/juice or tonic and lime. then again, it was only 1 time, i might've been too high to get sick on the later part.
  5. glorious glorious

• Since: Feb 25, 2005
    I'm the opposite, if I smoke before drinking I cannot drink at all. I have to drink first and then smoke pot. I don't get the spins unless I am really really bombed.

I love the combo. I think I might be used to it though because I usually smoke when I drink...

One more thing..I don't think acetaminophen is in advil. I'm pretty sure it is only in tylenol or anything that says "asprin". You are right though, you should never combine acetaminophen and alcohol while smoking...
  6. circasurvivefan circasurvivefan

• Since: Jun 5, 2007
    You're right, ibuprofen is the main ingrediant in advil, acetaphetamene is in tylenol, but yes, we can agree that it doesn't mix with alcohol. I'm not sure on ibuprofen. I still think it says on the advil bottle don't drink with alcohol but I don't know if it would be as severe as doing so with tylenol.

And I think we can all agree that if you are going to smoke and drink don't over do either.
  7. feedyourhead feedyourhead

• Girly Girl
    • Since: Jun 3, 2007
    um, drinking beer and smoking weed can certainly make you pass out and get sick. you already answered your question when you told us you got 'so fucked up.'

i'd also like to add that ibuprofen is far safer to take after a night of drinking than taking tylenol or asprin. the last two are hard on your kidneys and liver to begin with, and these affects are worsened after a night of drinking because you're so dehydrated. taking 4 advil was probably a bit much, though. they have dosages printed on the bottles for a reason.
  8. RT_Fufkin RT_Fufkin

• Since: Dec 5, 2005
    Here's my motto. It's always worked for me -- Enjoy!

Beer then Dope, you've got no hope
    Weed then booze, you cannot lose.;)
  9. gabriel420 gabriel420

• Since: Dec 5, 2006
    I've never noticed being like significantly more "fucked up" if I mix the two. In fact it's kinda the opposite for me, I feel WAY more drunk/fucked up if i just drink than if I drink and smoke. I get a lot sicker-feeling (in my stomach) if I don't smoke when i'm drinking. I'm almost always high before I drink though (I smoke daily but I don't drink much anymore), and I'm always smoking while I drink, and after. So it might just be that I'm more used to being high n drunk than just drunk.
    I can't drink NEARLY as much if I don't smoke either...
  10. Tenderlungs Tenderlungs

• Since: Jul 23, 2006
    I like combining the two. I always drink before I smoke though, and it helps reduce the nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach and diarrhea.
  11. RookieSmoker RookieSmoker

• Since: Oct 14, 2007
    Yay, Peptobismal.
    Nausea Heartburn Indigestion. Upset Stomach Diarrhea. Yay, Peptobismal.

haha. I had to.
  12. feedyourhead feedyourhead

• Girly Girl
    • Since: Jun 3, 2007
    i can't smoke when i'm really drunk. i always end up hugging the toilet all night.
  13. krad krad

• Since: Jul 6, 2006
    I've never even felt the slightest bit of nausea after drinking 350 ml (almost a pint) and then smoking a half gram of some bud. I certainly get the spins, but I think it's enjoyable. I've never tried smoking before drinking, maybe i'll try tonight :)
  14. IGemini IGemini

• [?]
    • Since: Mar 4, 2004
    Aspirin is a different animal altogether, as acetylsalicylic acid, and isn't commonly used with acetaminophen or ibuprofen. All three drugs are mostly processed by the liver.

Do not, I repeat, DO NOT take ibuprofen before drinking alcohol. It's akin to taking razor blades to your GI tract and forms the potential for getting ulcers in your stomach or intestines. Acetaminophen and alcohol isn't really good, either, as it is more heavily processed by the liver, which alcohol also is; and accelerates liver damage.

If you get headaches, don't reach for the medicine bottles first. Drink lots of water. Wouldn't hurt to eat something salty in the process to keep your electrolyte levels balanced. Your headaches will go away faster than any OTC medicine can bay while your body tries to balance itself. If you must take any OTCs, follow the directions. Don't just take more because you think you need it.

[/PSA]

I find smoking after some drinking very, very enjoyable.
    If I smoke beforehand, I'm not inclined to drink as much.

I wonder if there's some kind of qualitative difference between people who can do one or the other.
  15. Feorge Gorman Feorge Gorman

• Since: Aug 15, 2001
    Here's a quote from the 'Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers'...

"Smoking grass and drinking beer is like pissing into the wind." :bong2: + :cheers: = :dizzy: :rofl2:
  16. smoke4therestofmylife smoke4therestofmylife

• Since: Aug 25, 2007
    Me and my friends call it being dry.

Drunk+High=Dry
  17. Canta Canta

• Since: Oct 1, 2007
    Thats not too bad I've got my own one:
    Grass then beer, your in the clear
    Beer than grass, your on your ass
  18. chadwick chadwick

• Since: Sep 5, 2007
    weed+beer=last night=why the hell am i up so early
  19. ADIDAS ADIDAS

• Represent. KY
    • Since: Sep 6, 2005
    Anytime I drink, Im always smoking at least something. Im a daily smoker, alcohol isnt going to keep me from blazing hahah. It gets me too fucked up, but its nice. Ill drink maybe 8 at the most and be smashed, but the combination really gives me bad heartburn, real bad.
  20. Hashishi Hashishi

• Unf*ckwit'able
    • Since: Nov 17, 2004
    I think that`s slightly exaggerated. Certainly don`t take it before drinking and have a breakfast before you take it, but Ibuprofen will kill pain. Period. Some people tolerate it better than others, and if you get an upset stomach and diarrhoea having taken it you should rule it out permanently. The majority of the population are tolerant of it, though.

I`d be more concerned about taking paracetamol / acetaminophen. Alcohol and paracetamol are metabolised by the same enzyme in the liver, and that double-whammy combination scares the shit out of me.