Best Sleep

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by TheOutlawTorn, Jan 30, 2006.

1. TheOutlawTorn TheOutlawTorn

• Since: Sep 16, 2005
    I'm sure this topic has been brought up before, but whenever I feel myself unable to get to sleep, be it stress, or whatever, all I have to do is smoke a bowl and I'll pass right out. It's not just how fast I fall asleep, it's the quality of the sleep that pleases me. If I go to bed sober, when I wake up the next morning, I'll find myself struggling to get out of bed, and tired throughout the day; However, if I smoke before I sleep, get a nice high going on, I'll wake up the next morning feeling refreshed and ready to go. Is there a chemical in MJ that puts you to sleep or something that helps with your energy recovery? Does anyone know?
  2. TheNewGuy TheNewGuy

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    Yep, THC :D
  3. Serg Serg

• Since: Jan 5, 2006
    I'm not sure if this is true or not, but i have heard that it is bad to go to sleep when you are high. Basically because when you sleep is the time your brain grows, so when your high and sleep, your brain cant be growing normally. But hey we all do it and alot of us look normal still. I still get high before i goto sleep. so any other info would be great.
  4. TheNewGuy TheNewGuy

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    I've never heard anything bad about going to sleep high. Alot of people use pot to help them sleep, and I haven't heard any reports of brain damage because of it.
  5. teufelfisch teufelfisch

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Jan 14, 2003
    I personally can't sleep while I'm high. My brain is too active with millions of ideas.
  6. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    If you're an adult, your brain is done growing.

I have a sleep disorder that causes me to get nothing but REM (dreaming) sleep, which is not very restful. I've found that marijuana suppresses the REM sleep a bit and allows me to get at least a couple of hours of deep sleep every night. I used to take a pharmaceutical med for the same reason but it was expensive and left me feeling "drugged" in the morning.
  7. Serg Serg

• Since: Jan 5, 2006
    I meant to younger kids, who are starting up smoking marijuana. But, your brain is fully developed by age twenty something....lol. anyway i totaly agree with you guys but i sayed from what i know, i didnt mean that it was right i have only heard it from a few ppl. I do smoke maybe a bowl or two before i goto bed if i have had a rough day.
  8. TheOutlawTorn TheOutlawTorn

• Since: Sep 16, 2005
    I'm not a young kid, I'm 19, and I don't have any sleep disorders that I know of, but I've suspected myself of being a quasi-insomniac. I dunno, weed helps me and I just wanted to know if anyone else had similar experiences.
  9. teufelfisch teufelfisch

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Jan 14, 2003
    You don't always know-- ask someone you have lived with and slept in the same bed with whether or not you have trouble sleeping. I didn't know I snored until I lived with my girlfriend. Nobody else had told me.