Best Vaporizer?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Delta, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Delta Delta

• Since: Jun 28, 2007
    In your opinion, what's the absolute best vaporizer there is? I'm not talking about the best value, I'm talking about the best vape money can buy. Would you say it's the pricey, prestigious Volcano, or the highly acclaimed VaporWarez? Something else? Which vaporizer do you think surpasses the competition?
  2. tokinGLX tokinGLX

• Since: May 22, 2007
    in my personal opinion, i havent used a vaporizer that can compete head to head with the silver surfer.

edit...has it always been there, or is the "digg this story" a new option to threads?
  3. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    The best in what respect? The best at extracting the maximum amount of THC? Since that's the goal of a vaporizer, that may be the better question. Not that there's a definite winner in that catagory either. There are only opinions. You'd have to do some scientific testing, and not much of that has been done to this point.

Are you in the market or do you just want to spark a discussion? Since you say price is no object and only mention two vapes that differ greatly in price and type, I suspect the latter. The Volcano would normally get the most votes in your poll. It's got the big name and the big price.

But sometimes there's no absolute answer to 'what's the best?'. If you asked, 'what's the best truck?', there is no unqualified answer. It would depend on what you want to use the truck for-the best truck for driving to work and hauling the occasional lawnmower and a few sacks of fertilizer wouldn't be the best for towing a travel trailer. Although the purpose/use of a vape can be more easily defined than that of a truck, I think the answer to your question (even if there was an answer backed by any documented proof), is not meaningful unless you qualify it. Even if the Volcano, for example, was the winner in extracting the most THC from a given amount of weed, the difference between that vape and quite a few others would be small in that respect. Would you buy truck A strictly because the gas mileage was a few mpg better than truck B? Wouldn't you also consider hauling capacity if that's important to you? Or ride quality? Or looks? With a vaporizer issues like ease of use, type of vapor delivery preferred, stealth, portability, affordability, etc. are all more important than vapor extraction, because that's a simple formula involving mainly heat and air flow, and most quality, name brand vapes can do the job. Some may take more time and/or effort than others to achieve the same result, but then that's one of the qualifiers.

If you only compare what most people consider the best bag vape -the Volcano, to what most consider the best whip vape -more to pick from here, but most would pick a forced air, digital controlled temp vape like the Vaporfection (same warranty as the 'cano, similar pricing, and similar control over heat and air flow), there is still no concrete answer to which is best. It comes down to type of vapor delivery preferred and other intangibles like confidence in the manufacturer, estimated resale value, what a significant other prefers, maybe even what your friends prefer (status symbol?)-the same type of qualifiers you might weigh when buying that car, truck, PC, or big screen TV.

I'm not trying to stomp on your thread. Sorry if my rambling rant comes across like that. It's just a pet peeve for me. There may have been a good answer to your poll question 8-10 years ago, but IMO there are too many quality vapes on the market now to be asking 'what's the best' without any qualifiers.
    2 people like this.
  4. Delta Delta

• Since: Jun 28, 2007
    Ah yes, heheh, seems that I didn't really put enough thought into this thread before typing it up and sending it out. In any case, my motif for starting the topic was to perhaps get a better idea on what the best vaporizer to get would be when I decide to get one (which will probably be in about seven months or later- when I can smoke (or vape:D) on a more consistent basis). To save the topic from the perils of being a "help me" topic, I decided to make a discussion out of it.

I'm leaning towards a VaprorWarez, by the way.
  5. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    I'm a big fan of the Vapor Warez myself, as I have said in numerous threads. :)
  6. reeferman925 reeferman925

• Since: Oct 10, 2007
    i would just like to say that i recommend vapor brothers products of vaporizers. they only have two models, original or hands free. i had the original for a year and a half of solid use. this thing was a beast. it went everywhere with me and withstood a lot of abuse. i just got my new hands free model in the mail and its legit. the whip is so easy to fill (not like the vapor tower where you have to unscrew the piece to get to the bowl), you just grind your herb and suck it into the bowl. it cost me a 170 bucks and comes with a lifetime warranty. in my opinion the vapor tower looks like a pain in the ass and the vaporwarez looks like a cheap POS and thats never good with a vaporizer. VAPOR BROTHERS IS THE BEST!
  7. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    Vapor Brothers offers a lifetime warranty? Since when? :confused:
  8. djelimon djelimon

• Since: Dec 9, 2004
    I like the v-tower a lot
  9. reeferman925 reeferman925

this vapor brothers hands free model rips. thats all i have to say about that. and they do offer a lifetime warranty. vaporbrothers.com. check it
  10. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    from the vb website: A: Yes! We have a no hassle lifetime warranty and upgrade service on the vaporizer. All customers get the first year free, but if they fill our quick registration online, they get a 2nd year free repair. After that, we charge a flat fee plus extra shipping cost if delivered outside the continental USA. There is no additional handling charge – ever. There are some limitations for older vaporizers. Any customers with old or otherwise unfixable vaporizers are offered a discount upgrade to a brand new model. Consult our full warranty text for the complete details and instructions how to take advantage of our warranty service.

Well, they may offer a warrenty, but it doesn't exactly sopund like a "lifetime" warrenty, at least the way I would define it. By warranty, I assume they'll fix any problems for free.....and that doesn't seem like the case here. It sounds more like a two year (ONE year if you don't fill out their card) warranty, with the option to fix it at a flat rate after that point. And honestly dude, the vaporwarez and Vapor brothers look almost identical.....at least I never saw anything about the VB that justified its higher price. I got my vaporwarez hands-free for 139 bucks (shipped), with a digitial scale, 4 piece greinder, and other extras included. I've yet to see a better deal on a box and whip vape
  11. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    I just went to look this up really quick myself. Here is a direct link to what TMK posted. :)

Vaporbrothers Support

I agree with TMK. I saw nothing that said lifetime. It only says they offer a warranty, up to 2 years, then they charge a fee. If I am not mistaken, Vapor Warez doesn't charge anything to fix a unit, for life.
  12. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    Here's the current warranty info on the Vapor Bros. site:

Starting June 11, 2007, Vaporbrothers is offering product registration. To qualify you must register online within 30 days of purchase.

CLICK HERE TO REGISTER YOUR NEW VAPORBROTHERS® VAPORIZER

You will get 2 years of free repair from the purchase date, and don't have to provide proof of purchase to take advantage of our warranty. Beyond 2 years, there is a flat fee for warranty repair which is currently $35. There may be some extra shipping charges if you live outside the continental US. Your warranty form has all the details.

---------------

We have a no hassle lifetime warranty and upgrade service on the vaporizer. All customers get the first year free, but if they fill our quick registration online, they get a 2nd year free repair. After that, we charge a flat fee plus extra shipping cost if delivered outside the continental USA. There is no additional handling charge – ever. There are some limitations for older vaporizers. Any customers with old or otherwise unfixable vaporizers are offered a discount upgrade to a brand new model. Consult our full warranty text for the complete details and instructions how to take advantage of our warranty service.

I would dispute both the 'no hassle' part and the "lifetime warranty". As TM posted, you have to register your unit to get it covered for the 2nd year (that's a hassle IMO), and after that, a $35 fee (which they reserve the right to increase) for repair does not qualify as a warranty. It's a repair charge. I can guarantee you that $35 will cover the cost of the part needed (most probably the ceramic element), return shipping, and probably a little left over for labor. I bet that would probably be about the same price Vaporwarez would charge for a heater replacement after their 5 yr. warranty expires.

So, while some other vape makers are now providing a lifetime warranty on their heating elements, Vapor Bros. advertises their new "natural mineral heat source" (ceramic heater) as "the safest, most reliable heating source to date", yet they apparantly don't think it's reliable enough to provide a true lifetime warranty without hitting the customer with a $35 (or more) charge.

If they want to charge for upgrading an older unit by installing the new heater, I think $35 is reasonable, but applying that charge to the new units after just 3 years and calling it a lifetime warranty is false advertising in my book.
    2 people like this.
  13. reeferman925 reeferman925

well you get wat you pay for i guess:D
  14. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    Exactly.....With VB, you pay moreto have a lesser warranty, for a very similiar product. Frankly, that doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. Why pay more for a nearly identical product that has an inferior warrenty?
  15. iloveunot iloveunot

• Since: Jun 15, 2006
    volcano, no question about it
    1 people like this.
  16. Luv2Vape Luv2Vape

• Since: Nov 3, 2009
    I agree, the Volcano is my favorite so far.
  17. lwien123 lwien123

• Since: Mar 19, 2009
    While I agree that the 'Cano is the best bag vape, it is NOT the best vape. No vape is.

Some vapes excel in certain areas, but NONE excel in all, including your beloved Volcano.
  18. cabriosnap cabriosnap

• Not Man, Merely a Machine
    • Since: May 17, 2009
    i loooooove the volcano's :D
  19. ReXBudMan ReXBudMan

• Since: Dec 8, 2009
    ssv:hail::hail::hail:
  20. sanfranciscosadhu sanfranciscosadhu

• Since: Nov 28, 2008
    I LOVE the Volcano as well! Even have a padded carrying case and take it with me on road trips. Another thing that should not be underestimated is that the Volcano just keeps going and going. At three years or so still looks and feels brand new.