Best way to clean metal pipes?

Discussion in 'Hand Pipes' started by MrfullDankWeed, Oct 19, 2011.

1. MrfullDankWeed MrfullDankWeed

• Since: Jun 18, 2011
    hey i got a little metal pipe to carry around when i go to friends, i got it today and me and my friend smoked about 2 grams threw out the day walking around town, tomorrow im walking home with him so im going to take it to school we where smoking some dank bud so the smells really strong so i need to clean it, whats the best way to clean a metal pipe so it doesn't smell as strong? thanks
  2. Insaneteacher Insaneteacher

• Fare You Well
    • Since: Jul 30, 2004
    throw them away and buy a glass one :laugh:

just kidding bro, i'd assume if they're stainless steel you could boil them and most of the resin will come off. careful though it will stink when you boil them.
    1 people like this.
  3. Ryan 4891 Ryan 4891

• Since: Mar 14, 2008
    haha yeah glass on glass all the way! once you go glass you'll pass on metal..dont you taste that nasty metaly taste when u burn?
  4. Love4TheNugg Love4TheNugg

• NorCal MushroomCloud
    • Since: Mar 25, 2010
    Question!?

I used to when I first got mine. Then the taste kinda wore off, or I got used to it.

I HAVE A QUESTION:

I only smoke hash through my metal pipe, I've got lots of build up, not quite resin, more oily type substance. I was wondering if I could smoke it and if it would be any good?
  5. Drizzle420 Drizzle420

• Since: Mar 6, 2011
    You can use alcohol pads or just alcohol and toilet paper.
  6. clint902 clint902

• Since: May 20, 2011
    I took mine apart and soaked them in alcohol which dissolved the tars and stuff then finished off with a few q-tip swabs and tissue till it was done. I also wrapped a paper towel around the eraser end of a pencil the cleaned out the bottom of the bowl.
  7. Dankitydankness Dankitydankness

• Since: Oct 10, 2010
    Just let it si in rubbing alcohol for awhile. Then find anything you can that will fit in the hole and try to scrape out any leftover resin. That should clean it pretty good
  8. mallitia95 mallitia95

• Sr. Tokemaster
    • Since: May 13, 2011
    Ya, you can smoke it.
  9. AngelHeart AngelHeart

• Since: Nov 8, 2010
    Put the pipe in a jar with 90% isopropyl alcohol and salt. The isopropyl alcohol should be a minimum of 90%. You can find the alcohol at white trash Walmart. You can also put the jar with the alcohol and salt and your pipe in a bowl of hot water to accelerate the process. Just don't heat the alcohol with anything except hot tap water. If you have plastic parts on the pipe or anything plastic do not use salt as it will crack plastic. Just use plain alcohol. Vodka may be used in lieu of isopropyl alcohol.