Best way to clean piece...?

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by Furious George, Mar 15, 2003.

?

What do you use to clean your glass?

Poll closed Jan 21, 2009.
Alcohol (or alcohol/salt) 15 vote(s) 48.4%
Hot water (with or without soap) 7 vote(s) 22.6%
commercial cleaner (Formula 420, etc) 4 vote(s) 12.9%
other (please describe) 5 vote(s) 16.1%
  1. Le0n Le0n

• Since: Feb 17, 2010
    Hush. A clean piece is always nicer to punch cones out of.
  2. BuCk3t-h3aD BuCk3t-h3aD

• Since: Jun 27, 2008
    Well a clean piece is a legal piece to me, so put that in your pipe and smoke it.;)
  3. Crosiss Crosiss

• Since: Jul 21, 2010

lol so everytime you smoke you clean it OCD MUCH
  4. Le0n Le0n

:/ what a silly comment.
    1 people like this.
  5. Le0n Le0n

Washing Detergent Enzymes list black resin excess inside your piece. Althought it lifts it, there is agitation requiered to shift it off the glass, and into the water.
  6. BuCk3t-h3aD BuCk3t-h3aD

I laugh at you, beacuse I can taste every bit of the bud I smoke, you on the other hand get that nice aftertaste of dirty bong water and nasty built-up resin... plus I respect my pieces enough like art to clean them everyday, not everytime I smoke.
  7. goodmilk06 goodmilk06

• Since: Apr 13, 2010
    alc and salt

OK for thos of you who want a clean bong do this take RA pour in bong with salt and shake guys not hard and works fuck everything else!! take ur bowl of bong turn upside down and pour in the joint part RA and salt and shake!!!! eats the shit so fast and the best part is just take ur faucet and run water through it for min or so!! if u want get a Q tip and poke out and if their is a few pieces left poke them out!! really not hard guys very simple stop being scared about glass blowing up or poison ur self just run clean water for a min will be fine!!!! oh keep downstem in and get K clip to hold on and that will clean bong and downstem!!! sorry i am just annoyed when ppl are being difficult bout stuff!! this will save money!! fuck 420 cleaner same thing most of u have salt on ur table!!! and rubbing alc is 1.50$ come on cheap as hell!! well any way guys hope this works sorry bout exclamation points i just put in by accident!!
  8. neversummer489 neversummer489

• Since: Aug 4, 2010
    Ok so rubbing alc and salt yea I get it but........ I have a bong with 3 perks in it I don't wanna but a gallon of RA and I don't think it would be a great idea to wildly swing 3' of glass around. Any ideas?

O and what about acitone (sp?) obviously I would seriously rinse it afterwards be it seems like it may do the trick? Thoughts?
  9. BuCk3t-h3aD BuCk3t-h3aD

Do one perc at a time with 70% alc. and sea salt dude. Then inhale away from bong and push all that gunk down to the bottom with a big exhale.

You shouldn't have to shake it that much if you do it that way. My friend had a 2' zong and I cleaned that up for him in about 15mins with alc and salt. Just don't be an idiot and swing your bong everywhere, do an up-down motion away from counters and tabletops.

That should do the trick, I have 1' single percs I clean almost daily and that's how I do them. Best of luck, and FYI I'm not liable if you bust your piece, I just don't believe in acetone and/or anything else that has a strong enough(lingering too) odor that can knock you on your ass.

Simple Green works alright I've heard, but you have to let it sit over night and throughly rinse afterwards, that's if you're seriously worried about having to move your piece to clean it.
  10. DJ Seku DJ Seku

• Since: Nov 17, 2010
    I know it's been mentioned, but I too use Purple Power for all my glass cleaning. At $5-6 for like...a gallon of the stuff (at your local Auto Zone or Advanced Auto), I find it to be way more efficient at cleaning my glass than alcohol and salt, as well as way cheaper than your specialty cleaners (e.g. formula 420). Just my $.02 :rolleyes:
  11. gatorfade gatorfade

• Since: Aug 15, 2010
    toothbrush and Listerine works like a charm. the alcohol in the mouthwash eats up the resin and the toothbrush well...helps brush it off haha. plus you get a nice minty clean smell
  12. BlueDreamin BlueDreamin

• Since: Apr 12, 2011
    For anyone looking to clean the dirty stem on a small one piece bubbler, I find it effective to put a bendy straw down the mouth piece (which lines the end of it up with the stem). Then while leaving it in there, scoop salt inside the straw and blast that stem! Get the salt to cometely cover any resin that you want removed and then soak in rubbing alcohol and shake.
  13. #BuD #BuD

• Since: Sep 19, 2011
    The best way to clean out a bong / bubbler / bowl and other pieces is to boil some water and a pot and put it in there. Also get something thin like a small stick type thing and poke the resin out of a bowl and the same with hookah hoses. Don't put a hookah hose in boiling water though.
  14. cabriosnap cabriosnap

• Not Man, Merely a Machine
    • Since: May 17, 2009
    placing glass in boiling water is one of the best ways to crack them....and it stinks up your house something awful. alcohol and salt work's much better
  15. gamereric22 gamereric22

• Since: Aug 29, 2011
    i use this stuff called purple power good stuff cleans my bong in minutes
  16. bluntmane bluntmane

• Since: Nov 3, 2011
  17. Maelstrom Maelstrom

• Since: Mar 31, 2010
    I have to give a thumbs up to the salt & alcohol method. I also combined that with boiling water and it absolutely destroyed the built up resin, and this is the first time of cleaning my pipes in around 2 years. I can actually taste the bud now, can't believe how easy it was! :afro:
  18. Karigrandi Karigrandi

• Since: Oct 31, 2010
    I've always used acetone, gets the bong cleaned in no time. Tried adding salt but its not really necessary.
  19. TP4BungHole TP4BungHole

• Since: Oct 16, 2011
    The first and only time I cleaned my bowl I rinsed it with alcohol and then placed my bowl right under the foucett and let VERY HOT water run through it for 10 minutes. Works like a charm.
  20. thctitan420 thctitan420

• Since: Dec 3, 2011
    Help

I bought a pure bong and I need advice on cleaning it plz help will send pic of bong can't figure out how to upload