Best way to clean piece...?

Discussion in 'Water Pipes' started by Furious George, Mar 15, 2003.

?

What do you use to clean your glass?

Poll closed Jan 21, 2009.
Alcohol (or alcohol/salt) 15 vote(s) 48.4%
Hot water (with or without soap) 7 vote(s) 22.6%
commercial cleaner (Formula 420, etc) 4 vote(s) 12.9%
other (please describe) 5 vote(s) 16.1%
  1. lightweightt lightweightt

• Since: Sep 1, 2010
    All the resin is fat soluble, I wash it up in the sink with hot water, detergent, salt and some olive oil. I usually take the base off and shove a sponge in there with my middle finger and it comes right off. I would also recommended rinsing it with hot water and wiping the oil off with a sponge after so it isn't all slimy afterwards (must say though, it's way easier to insert downpipes through grommets). Alcohols are less messy but aren't as effective in my experience.
  2. heliskier heliskier

• Since: Jan 16, 2012

Get some 420 cleaner. It works in minutes. I got some for a friend who has a bong and we had not cleaned it in about six months. The 420 cleaner cleaned it out in about 5 mins. I would not recommend 420 cleaner for pieces for but though.
  3. seiko seiko

• Since: Jan 21, 2012
    I use rubbing acly to clean my pipe....It works sooooooooo clean
  4. kronic26 kronic26

• Since: Mar 30, 2011
    Cleaning your piece as you put it is very easy just use iso and salt and follow the steps in this cleaning bongs guide I found and it should solve the problem, it states not to use anything other then iso, is it true I don't know but i have been doing it way before i came across that page and it works for me everytime.
  5. stoney_408 stoney_408

• Since: Feb 23, 2012
    a cup of kosher salt and a half cup of rubbing alchohol just shake it around and its easy to figure out dependin on the piece size
  6. ishii.oren.ishii ishii.oren.ishii

• Since: Feb 21, 2012
    What I find out that works best is 99% iso alcohol and kosher salt. When cleaning bongs -- I add a little salt into the chamber then add a little alcohol. Get your boogie on and your piece will be clean after a couple of shakes....
  7. downwithdisease downwithdisease

• Since: Jun 21, 2012
    I find that iso and salt sometimes leaves a film on my bigger piece and it allows it to get dirty again faster, so i buy commercial cleaner for my bubbler. But I do clean all my small bowls and pieces with iso and salt cuz its cheaper.
  8. nugatronica nugatronica

• Since: Jan 19, 2012
    CLR works the best
  9. nugatronica nugatronica

• Since: Jan 19, 2012
    CLR works the best
  10. xZANGEITIx xZANGEITIx

• Since: Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe if you go to your local head shop. And they probally have a cleaning alchohal ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

and there are other threads on hear the say CLR is good too
  11. unclestinky unclestinky

• Since: Nov 12, 2012
    I find using alc. Cases microfractures in glass and polytube pipes. The prob is that alc cools the peice to fast even when room temp. So I just use hot watter with plenty of dawn dish soap. Let sit ant use a bottle brush when applicable. Smaller peices I boil in soap amd watter solution. Also an ultrasonic works great for smaller peices. It uses vibrations conducted through the green soap and cool water. A few min in devise and pipe is clean. Works well on bublers and spoon pipes. Learned that one from a tattoo artist.
  12. nickword1 nickword1

• Since: Dec 13, 2012
    rubbing alcohol and salt always worked the best for me. :)