Bongs vs. Joints

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by tanman636, Jul 21, 2008.

1. tanman636 tanman636

• Since: Jul 19, 2008
    Whats the pros and cons for each? I was thinking of getting a bong and I just wanted to know if its really that much better than a joint. thanks.
  2. Jobes Jobes

• Since: Mar 4, 2008
    It seems like a waste of time comparing a Bong and a Joint. But yes, a bong rip, is THAT much better than a hit from a joint.

Because the smoke in a bong passes through water before you hit it, the smoke is much cooler and less harsh on your lungs. Which allows for a much bigger hit.You can even add Ice to the bong water or if your bong has an ice catcher, which makes the smoke 20 times cooler. The only con of a bong is portablility, which in my opinion is the pro of a joint. You probably wouldn't want to take your bong in the car with you to hit while your driving down the road (not like it hasn't been done though). The other problem I have with bongs is that I still live with my parents, so i don't keep it in my house. It stays at my friends house where his mom doesn't care. Their not really too easy to hide and they can get pretty smelly.

I only smoke joints if i am walking my dog in my neighborhood or if i am somewhere where their is no bong or some kind of piece and we are just trying to chill. It is also a lot safer to carry around papers instead of a bowl in your pocket if you travel around a lot with herb.

A Bubbler is something else you might want to consider. They are generally smaller than a bong and practically do the same thing, except you don' usually get huge hits like from a bong.
    3 people like this.
  3. Th3Preacher Th3Preacher

• Since: Feb 25, 2008
    Joint - Small, portable, cheap

Bong - Large, not portable, costly(for quality ones), but give much much bigger cooler hits

A bong is great if you don't have to take it far, don't need to hide it, and gives big hits usually cooled by water or ice. Joint's are convenient, pretty easy to roll(with practice), and easy to pass around in a circle.

I've only smoked out of a couple bongs, but if I had somewhere to hide one I would without a doubt own one. If hiding it would be an issue as suggested by Jobes a bubbler is considerably smaller and still functions much like a bong. Nothing says after you buy a bong that you can't roll up a joint and smoke that, although in most cases it's much easier to load a bowl on something than roll up an entire joint.
  4. tanman636 tanman636

ok, ill probably get a small bong then.
  5. Plainsman1963 Plainsman1963

• Since: Jul 19, 2002
    So what? Bigger hit means absolutely nothing. Your lungs absorb all the thc within seconds, so besides oxygen deprivation, bigger hit just means you are wasting thc. :shrug:

Looking at the results of studies that were done, joints come out better than bongs every time:
    MAPS - Volume 6 Number 3 Summer 1996 -
    CA NORML Health Information

The best method (with the least harm) to ingest cannabis is either via edibles or vaporizer, if looking for reduction of health risks. Seems the best way to ingest cannabis if looking for the most thc is either vaporizer or joint. ;)
    5 people like this.
  6. tanman636 tanman636

now i dont know if i should get a bong :(

i need more opinions.
  7. Hypetrain Hypetrain

• Since: May 28, 2008
    Do you have any buds (friends) with bongs? Try em out and you'll know if you want to buy one or not.
  8. tanman636 tanman636

no i dont have any friends with bongs. it sucks.
  9. WATERMELONBLUNT WATERMELONBLUNT

• Since: Jan 7, 2008
    I like bongs, but I like joints more. So much easy. Its like actually smoking. With a freekin bong I feel like I am controlling some weired smoking contraption. Joints are how its supposed to be IMO. Also they are portable.
    1 people like this.
  10. SpiralArchitect SpiralArchitect

• The Cosmic Chronic
    • Since: Dec 26, 2006
    Bongs are worthy investments, that is, if your getting a worthwhile bong... What kind of bong were you specifically thinking about? I'd advise GONG (glass on glass), and something over a foot, but under 2. Ice catchers, ash catchers, diffusers and percolators are all optional but accessories I find well worthwhile. If you have any questions pertaining to your bong purchase give me a holler.

The detrimental health effects are negligible if your a responsible toker. I'm a huge bong enthusiast but I have recently been turn onto The Way of the Vape. I've never been a big fan of joints, but I have no problem with them either.

If you got the spare cash, buy a bong, treat yourself. It's certainly better than healthier in some aspects than smoking out of a joint or a pipe (and perhaps less in others) but it makes for a great smoking utensil to use with friends....

Let the good times roll.... :bong:
  11. 420isreallygreatman 420isreallygreatman

• Since: Sep 4, 2010
    after you finish smoking the bong the water is all dirty with black shit, which is byproduct of smokes, which is being filtered with the water

when u smoke a j, all that black shit gets caught in the weed and the crutch, and a lot of that black shit get into ur lungs as well. just think, if all that tar is getting caught in a Joint, how much of that black shit is in ur lungs after all that smoke passing thru them

the same black shit you scrape from a bowl to smoke when you have no weed left

so basically, bong sorta filters out tar and such but also filters out thc according to that study

j's don't filter anything are really bad for you

if you are all about health, get a vaporizer, for the long term your lungs will thank you
    (think about all that black shit, less smoke = less black shit)

personally, I have a roor which i retardedly bought for $200, but I still smoke joints most of the time cuz you just can't beat that
  12. Clay4u Clay4u

• Since: Jul 17, 2010
    bigger hit = more smoke = more thc being absorbed = awesome time :p
  13. blake15 blake15

• Since: Aug 16, 2011
    thanks man i never new about the ice cooling thing thanks again:D
  14. blake15 blake15

i reckon you should i mean the pro of a joint is portable,and you can disguise them as a plane cigarette.
    the 1 an only con with the joint is doesn't give you as much as a hit

the pro of a bong is the water cools the smokee down allowing you to get a smoother,relaxing and stronger hit(pretty much as cool as a joint)

in the end i would buy a bong simply because there easy,cheap,stonger hits and relaxing :D
    hope i helped
  15. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    Jobes hasn't posted here in over a year. Watch the posting dates. This 3 yr. old thread has been dug up twice now.
  16. Tystuh Tystuh

• Since: Jul 23, 2011
    Bong hits are not cooler whatsoever at all ever never. Than a joint

In my experiences bong hits are way to harsh even with an expensive bong and using ice.

You can put a bong in yo pocket and sneak out of the house

Seriously call me a whimp but I hate hate hate bongs no matter what, I don't even want to see one.
  17. blake15 blake15

yeah i know haha
  18. blake15 blake15

bongs can be really cool if you do it propley like with ice and cold water and if you let the smoke stay just in you're mouth a little bit then it cools it down even more
  19. Tystuh Tystuh

• Since: Jul 23, 2011
    Don't waste yo money. DONT DO IT! =D
  20. Waldy Waldy

• Since: Feb 14, 2011
    i'm pretty sure this guy has already made up his mind haha. so i'm going to just treat it like a bong vs. joint thread. IMO i think a bongs much better. bigger hits, less harsh, gets me higher quicker. joints for me are also harsh, and a pain. if i need portability, i have a like 3 inch mini pipe, it's sexy af.