Brainwave Entrainment/Binaural Beats

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by AlphaWolf, Sep 27, 2002.

1. AlphaWolf AlphaWolf

• Since: Jun 1, 2001
    I am rather curious as to if anyone here has any experience with "light and sound"/ "Mind" machines or any number of the Binarual Beat/Brainwave Entrainment CD's out there? Is it more psuedoscience or is there something behind it? Is it truely relaxing?

Apparenty, If external stimulus is applied to the brain, it becomes possible to entrain the brain frequency from one stage to another. For example, if a person is in beta stage (highly alert) and a stimulus of 10Hz is applied to his/her brain for some time, the brain frequency is likely to change towards the applied stimulus. The effect will be relaxing to the person. This phenomenon is also called frequency following response...
  2. WhiteBoy WhiteBoy

• Sloth
    • Since: Oct 30, 2001
    i used to have a program that used binarual (sp?) waves

it worked somewhat, i need to find it again...
  3. Hensonic_Boom Hensonic_Boom

• Since: Apr 9, 2002
    i think there's a company out there somewhere that you can go to and they hook you up to these machines that read your brainwaves. they then take these brain waves and convert them to audio. it's not supposed to sound like actual music or anything, but sort of a noise with patterns in it. they say if you listen to your own brainwaves while going to sleep or something, it stimulates your brain and makes it do stuff. i think they also said you could buy other people's brain sounds and listen to that and your brain would try to alter its pattern and match whoever else's. i don't know much else though.

i do have a nice program, cool edit pro v1.2, that has a brainwave function on it, but i've never messed with it...
  4. Heathen Heathen

• Since: Jul 26, 2002
    WTF?
  5. frep45 frep45

• Since: May 30, 2002
    It's possible. I found on some weed-focused site an old program called "Flasher" (good luck trying to find it though). It stimulates your brainwaves through flashes of light received by your eyes (open or closed). I used it with the suggested settings and while looking at the flashing patterns, I went into a slump after only a few seconds of using it. Your normal state returns if you look away, but for some reason it didn't work as well after the first time I used it. Maybe it was just because I expected it to work after that. *shrug*
  6. FieldsOfGreen FieldsOfGreen

• Since: Jan 19, 2002
    Cool Edit Pro 1.2a is for recording vocals.
    I have never seen a "brainwave" function on it.
  7. Heathen Heathen

I downloaded zflasher and brainwave generator. Brainwave generator is audio based (although it does have a strobe effect, haven't tried it yet), and zflasher...well...flashes. You can combine colours, frequencys etc. It's pretty cool, can't wait to try it blazed.

Anyway, here's the URL where I got 'em from:

http://www.iamholly.com/flasher/
  8. FootlongFatty FootlongFatty

• Since: Nov 9, 2001
    The Lycaeum is selling these sort of Virtual Reality helmets called Mind Machines that supposedly can send you into a sort of tripping out phaze through visual effects and sounds. You can download programs onto it that affect you differently, one of them is called "Dream in the minds eye".
    Check it out.

http://www. lycaeum.org/mindmods/index.html
  9. Heathen Heathen

I tried it last night and it DOES work...pretty sweet really.
  10. AlphaWolf AlphaWolf

• Since: Jun 1, 2001
    Describe the effects if you would...

It sounds quite fascinating..

Did you use it in conjunction with herb or stand alone?
  11. vaya vaya

• Activist
    • Since: Jun 20, 2002
    I'm really curious about this, could anyone provide anymore links to these programs that I could download? (I'm downloading yours now, Heathen:cool: )