breaking down weed?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by chronic12345, Jan 7, 2009.

1. chronic12345 chronic12345

• Since: Oct 29, 2008
    i usually break down all of my weed (dimebag) before i smoke it, so that i can always grab some to put in a joint/pipe/blunt/etc..
    is this bad in any way? like does the weed get worse faster or anything?
  2. Mikeebud Mikeebud

• Since: Sep 17, 2008
    I don't know anyone who doesn't bust up there weed..

I don't really know what your trying to ask.

I don't know if it's that im stoned, Or that your stoned :lock:
  3. WATERMELONBLUNT WATERMELONBLUNT

• Since: Jan 7, 2008
    We Are Allll Stonnnedd! :d
  4. Mushroom Man Mushroom Man

• Feeling eternal..
    • Since: Feb 20, 2007
    It stays in better shape if you wait till you smoke to break it up. If you break it up over a bowl, all the extra bud that is falling through your fingers fall into the bowl. Breaking it up before hand would degrade your bud faster
  5. Darkdrift Darkdrift

• Since: Mar 14, 2006
    it would just make the bud dry out faster if you break it up all at once and keep it for a while. Just break up what you need and keep the rest in buds so that it stays fresh, unless your gonna use all the bag quickly.
  6. str8dank str8dank

• Since: May 8, 2008
    I just break up what im about to smoke and leave the rest alone. I know a kid who buys a bag and grinds it all up and puts all the ground up weed in a film canister so he can just dump it into his bowl when he wants to smoke
  7. Soccer_Junkie Soccer_Junkie

• Since: Dec 29, 2008
    I just break it up when I need it. Doesn't take too long, and i usually have a few good conversations with friends while im breaking it up.
  8. Everlong2019 Everlong2019

• Since: Aug 25, 2008
    well air, light and something else i cant remember all degrade the potency of marijuana, so grinding it up exposes more of its surface area to air, making it degrade faster.
  9. Mushroom Man Mushroom Man

• Feeling eternal..
    • Since: Feb 20, 2007
    I guess if you left it in your grinder it wouldn't be too bad.
  10. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Grinding up your weed well in advance of using it causes the cannabinoids to degrade faster because there is more surface area exposed to air, light, and moisture. The farther in advance you grind it up, the more it's going to degrade. I never grind up more than a couple of days worth at a time.

One of the things you lose by grinding up in advance is the aroma. A newly ground KB bud smells so good you can get high on the aroma alone! After a day or two that wonderful smell is a fraction of its former self.
  11. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    The only time I ever grind more than a day's worht of weed is if I'm filling my dugout. I don't use it often, but when I feel as if I really need to conserve, I've found it nice to have. However, there is VERY little exposure to light and mositure, and I've found packing it tightly seems to keep the weed fresher than if I allow it to be loosely packed.