Brick Weed

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by SoStrange, Mar 19, 2009.

1. SoStrange SoStrange

• Since: Mar 18, 2009
    I live very close to Mexico and have noticed that when I buy in higher amounts 2oz+ that normally I get a chunk right off of the brick.

I have just begun to read these forums so I didn't realize that there was a
    "stigma" to this type of weed or that basically everyone thought it sucked.

This last I bought was awesome to me. It was still really sticky and stinky but there are seeds and stems in it. I have never bought weed without them.

Although I have smoked some pretty fresh bud (non smashed) Nothing stands out in my mind as being spectacular.
    I am quite sure that I have never even "stood" near what is supposed to be awesome smoke, but I am curious as to what most of your opinions are on this matter.
    1 people like this.
  2. Sofa King Sofa King

• It's Good to be the KING.
    • Since: Mar 1, 2006
    If it works for you and is cheap, then I say your ahead of the game. Your only problem may be if you get a hold of some really dank MJ it might downgrade your opinion of the stuff you normally get. If your happy with your current MJ stick with it.
    If it ain't broke don't fix it.
    9 people like this.
  3. Plaidheart Plaidheart

• Since: Dec 20, 2008
    Yeah...

I know what you mean exactly I live in Texas and I get brickweed occasionaly from my constant dealer. She sells strains also but sometimes I just wanna smoke and chill out...

Not smoke and never get off the couch again lol and for some reason when I smoke something with a name I'm in for the night. So I usually smoke regs and I still enjoy the high :)
    1 people like this.
  4. Up In Smoke Up In Smoke

• Since:
    This is why theres a stigma that mexican brick weed/shwag isnt the greatest. I can agree, but I can also disagree.

Mexican, sometimes called Ditch weed, is exactly that, put in a inconspicuous spot, left to grow, then harvested when that time of year comes. There isnt exactly a lot of quality that goes into it. But this is also where it can work for its favour.

If you smoke the right amount, I find it gives you an incredibly mellow high. Nothing over powering, nothing thats going to knock you out, just a bit of fuzz on the brain and on the muscles. Just dont smoke too much of it, as I stated above, it probably wasnt cured the best possible way, so there will be a lower count of THC (direct result of the Mexican Strain) and thetoxins/chemicals found in pot, and found in techniques to grow pot, may be more apparent. Which can result in an aching of the head.
    1 people like this.
  5. SoStrange SoStrange

• Since: Mar 18, 2009
    It is quite mellow. A good time for 100bucks for 2oz. I don't like to be "stuck to the couch" either. LOL

I have a tendency to get worthless if the weed is too good.
    1 people like this.
  6. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    "Mexican" is marijuana grown in Mexico. Mexican weed is grown in cultivated fields. Ditch weed is wild hemp that has planted itself over much of middle America and is often found growing in ditches at the sides of country roads. "Mexican" generally contains 4-7% THC. Ditch weed is generally less than 1% THC. "Mexican" gets you high, albeit a little slowly. Ditch weed just gives you a headache.
    9 people like this.
  7. Up In Smoke Up In Smoke

• Since:
    Imagine Mexican Ditch Weed? Yikes!
  8. whatsideofthebox whatsideofthebox

• Since: Dec 14, 2008
    I know exactly what you mean, I had only smoked brickweed or whatever you call it until I moved somewhere else. I didn't know it was SO expensive everywhere else, it was outrageous, and I didn't even think the high was really all that and a bucket of chips compared to the mexican stuff, it just takes less weed, but when you consider how cheap the Mexico stuff is, I dunno, whatever tastes good.
    I never really cared about it until the spark in cartel violence recently, but as for the product itself, I'm all gravy.

...sorry about all the food metaphors, I have munchies. :munchies:
  9. Snake Eyes Snake Eyes

• Since: Mar 15, 2009
    When I first started smoking... swag was the way to go. Cheap and did the job getting you high. Now all I smoke is hydro. It's called that because the growers put alot of attention in making the MJ so it has a high THC count, grown without seeds (no male clones), cured properly, etc. We call swag/mexi weed STRESS here because it's nothing but stress. Over time you just want to get high and not worry about seeds or stems. Good hydro has a much better taste and not so harsh when inhaling. It's like the saying, "Time is money." I just want to get my high quick and enjoy it quickly without smoking mass amounts. I could never go back to swag unless that's all that is offered. Believe me once you have unlimited access to hydro you'll never want swag ever again. It's like buying food. Organic taste better and your body accepts and brakes it down faster whereas mass produced food my not taste as good and could have some harmful additives.
  10. Snake Eyes Snake Eyes

• Since: Mar 15, 2009
    "No stems, no seeds, no stress.." If I'm not mistaken that's a line that Snoop Dogg rapped in a Dr. Dre song. LOL
  11. dk15 dk15

• Since: Aug 28, 2006
    Followed by -
    "some of that real sticky-icky-ICKY put it in the aiiir", haha.

I am fortunate enough to never even have seen real schwagg/brickweed. I've seen some seedy outdoors/mids but nothing brownish in color or that appears to be chopped off a brick. I live in upstate NY about 3 hours north of NYC, 3 hours south of Canada, and right in between 3 great cities for hookups. All anybody smokes around here is "hydro"/"indoors" that go for 10/g or 200-230/Ounce or 20/gram to 400-450 and upwards per ounce headies (name strains).
  12. dirtbomb dirtbomb

• Hippie
    • Since: Sep 1, 2008
    Brick weed is better than no weed. :)
    2 people like this.
  13. Zocalo Zocalo

• Since: Sep 26, 2008
    That is exactly my opinion. My friends back in the US ask wut strain they sell over here, I'm like...idk, it's off a brick, they're like "eww" I'm like, shut up man, it gets me just as high as the strongest Bronx stuff I've ever tried...
    1 people like this.
  14. SleepyJohn SleepyJohn

• Since: Jan 15, 2009
    I had a similar problem, when shown cannabis sativa called "Skunk,and Dankweed", at first I thought they meant it wasn't any good. I'm use to calling good plant, "Primo Pot".
    Nowadays Skunk,and, Dank come to mean exceptionally high in THC. Mexico still, has The Season, along with the soil, to make bricks, out of this stuff. I still test it, on "How Much, for what?". final test. Is infusing the substance into My blood system.
  15. 1TonBee 1TonBee

• Since: Feb 27, 2009
    My parents usually smoke brickweed and only pay $4 a gram for it, it isn't as bad as people make it out to be. But at my school I don't know any dealers that have cheap weed so I have to go with the $20 a gram hydro (which is definitely top quality 'named' weed but still very pricey with the current economy).
  16. kuipo kuipo

• Since: Mar 16, 2009
    well... i've smoked brick weed a LOT of times, it's the cheapest, it'll go for around 35 bucks the oz (normally)

i don'y think it's always bad quality, it's just a method of packing the weed... obviously, they won't pack the hydro like that, but you got my point
  17. Plainsman1963 Plainsman1963

• Since: Jul 19, 2002
    Can you really tell the difference between brickweed and say fr'instance kush just by looking at it? Or do you have to really smoke it and wait for the effects?
  18. Plaidheart Plaidheart

• Since: Dec 20, 2008
    nope

You can tell the difference between brick weed and other weed. When it's bricked its kinda hard, crumbles instead of breaks down, and for some reason the smell isn't as strong...
  19. Sokesleezy Sokesleezy

• Since: Mar 29, 2009
    Yep. Actually I got brick right now. Im use to "Zona" which is basically mid around here but I dont mind the brick too much. It taste nasty though, hate that part.
  20. chadwick chadwick

• Since: Sep 5, 2007
    just got back from mexico, i got an 8th or some of some brick from a guy, it was well ok, it smelled like dog shit haha in a good way though and was very sticky about 5 seeds in the 8th so no real complaints there i expected more, not much stems, easily the best brick ive ever had,

but all the same it was crap go find yourself someone who can get you california bud at a good price, nothing more than 300 an O or grow a seed from mexico in your backyard, its not always the strain of the seed you get its how it was grown, when it was harvested, whether or not it was seeded, and how it was cured, go to gardens cure for more info on growing but id recomened it since you live near mexico you probably have good weather conditions for outdoor growing