Buying on the street

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by Tyroz, Apr 2, 2009.

1. Tyroz Tyroz

• Since: Mar 11, 2009
    Hey everyone, I think I'm gonna try buying weed off the street tomorrow but this is the first time I'll have gone around asking people for weed so I was wondering if you guys had any pointers. Like, what should I say to ask people, should I say "Hey, you got any weed?". I'm just trying to get a gram. What kind of people should I look out for, both people that might be selling and people that might be a narc/cop or something. Also, it will be in the morning time (around 9am) so would that be a good time to try or should I wait till later around when school gets out? I've had two people offer me weed in this area before. Thanks in advance for any help.
  2. zEnVy zEnVy

• Since: Nov 12, 2008
    Ask to see the weed before you buy it definitely. That's all I can think of... just see it, smell it, if someone looks like too big of a pothead i would not trust it. I've never randomly walked up to people I wasn't with and asked for weed.
  3. Tyroz Tyroz

Thanks. Yea I'd never buy it without checking it first that's just stupid. Why shouldn't I trust someone that looks like a pothead? Another question too, if the weed is horrible quality how can I turn down the deal without making the person mad or anything. 'Cause I'm not gonna buy it if it's shwag.
  4. zEnVy zEnVy

• Since: Nov 12, 2008
    Just be like do you have anything better? If he says no just tell him you were looking for exotic weed or something... If it's too much say so.
  5. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    buying on the street increases the odds of being ripped off expotentially. There are far too many unknowns involved, and with no established relationship, no dealer is going to think twice about trying to rip you off....as say, opposed top a dealer you've known forever and have purchased from before. I'd avoid buying on the street if at all possible. In 16 years of getting high, I haven't resorted to buying from random strangers anywhere other than Jamaica, and even there itr wasn't "on the street"....the bellhop hooked me up with an oz within 10 minutes of arriving on the resort, and delivered it to my room!
  6. cj117 cj117

• Surfer Monkey
    • Since: Oct 28, 2007
    Friends and connections are the best way to go.
    With the street you're gambling on way too many factors..
    Quality of weed
    Safety of the product
    Possibility of getting busted/rolled
    Deals gone wrong (it happens)

All in all it's probably safer to make friends and get hooked up that way. Check out schools for sure, and look for the kids dressed in all black or the metal heads etc.
    There's a thread about finding a consistent dealer somewhere stickied I think in P&P boards you could read.
  7. Tyroz Tyroz

Yea I have another dealer but he's dry right now, I'm just wanting a gram cause I'm starting school this Tuesday and I'm not gonna get much chances to smoke after that. That's awesome about the bellhop lol.

Thanks for the advice. I'm not to worried about the first two things you mentioned, quality and safety. I''m pretty sure I'd be able to spot things like that out when I was checking out the weed. The second two I'm kind of wary about. I don't know...
  8. Plaidheart Plaidheart

• Since: Dec 20, 2008
    um

I can't lie, I've bought weed from the streets several times back when I first started smoking. Some guy even sold me some at a bookstore (he was reading hightimes lol)

Then again I was only looking for regs. It's down right dangerous asking random people for weed.

But if you must, check what they're wearing, if he has on a bob marley shirt and dreads you might wanna ask. But if he's wearing a police badge... lol j/k but be careful.
  9. smoke2blunts smoke2blunts

• Since: Jan 7, 2009
    just look for a black guy with his hands in his pokect
  10. KidPoker KidPoker

• Since: Feb 24, 2009
    [IMG]
  11. ADIDAS ADIDAS

• Represent. KY
    • Since: Sep 6, 2005
    HAhahahahhahaha

If you find someone that looks like they sell, ask if they are doing good. Use slang for weed, trees or something like that.
  12. mandeponium mandeponium

• Since: Jan 3, 2009
    9 AM sounds like a bad time. Just my thoughts.
    1 people like this.
  13. CRIMSONxSOLDIER CRIMSONxSOLDIER

• All Aboard the Canni-bus!
    • Since: May 25, 2008
    But true. Lol

Look for guys with like baggy clothes and shit, most likely the only people dealing on the streets are goons. I haven't seen too many hippy or metalhead type people on the streets dealin, mostly gang members, lol.
  14. Zebra Zebra

• Since: Mar 27, 2009
    Ask pot heads around school how they get hooked up with their weed, they have to have a dealer if they have some.
  15. TheInvisible TheInvisible

• Since: Mar 27, 2009
    Well first I would say, don't. I wouldn't go up to random people and ask for weed, ever, no matter what they looked like. In my old high school they took the young cops, slapped them into some baggy clothes, backpack, headphones etc and had them wander around the school as undercovers.

Even so I wouldn't BUY weed from someone I just randomly met off the street. A good dealer wouldn't/shouldn't just sell weed to whoever approaches him at random.

I'm sure you'll still go off and do it anyways, so I'm curious to know how it turns out...
  16. MrIMStoned MrIMStoned

• |BIG BROTHER|
    • Since: Mar 17, 2002
    If you can't find weed in a school, you're just not trying hard enough.
  17. Tyroz Tyroz

lol I already know where I can get weed at this school but I'm saying I'm not going to get much chance to smoke while I'm in school. I was kind of trying to have a last before-school blaze. But I don't think I'm gonna do it. It's an awful lot of work and risk just for a smoke. My friends have a plan to (maybe) get some but if they can't then I'll just call it off.
  18. cannabicide420 cannabicide420

• Since: Feb 10, 2009
    if youre still in high school, its usually pretty easy to tell who smokes weed, and just as easy to pick up who does from conversations people have in class. if youre in high school, id say it wouldnt be to big of a risk to just ask somebody you know smokes weed, or people who look like they do. if its just on the street i wouldnt do it. you could get ripped off, beaten, mugged or possibly encounter an undercover cop. the best way in my opinion, is to have friends who know people.
  19. Tyroz Tyroz

I'll be in college this Tuesday, I'm not in any school at the moment. Your definitely right about it being risky buying on the street. I've got another plan for getting some but it's gonna be a close call because the guy I'll be getting it from might not be able to get any by when I need it, possibly not at all. My town seems to be somewhat dry right now. Anyway thanks for the advice.
  20. FiZiX FiZiX

• Since: Jan 16, 2009
    If you absolutely must buy off the street, there are a few things that are worth doing in prep and looking out for at the time. (I spent a ridiculous amount of time when I was younger looking for street dealers, I still wouldn't recommend it though, much safer to just go through a friend ;))

Assuming there's sort of a long road/area renowned for street dealers, wander around for a few days before hand not intending to buy - make a note of familiar faces that crop up consistently, if someone is going around ripping people off then they aren't exactly gonna go stand in the same spot the next day, waiting for the angry customer to return for revenge.

Be VERY cautious if they have the weed already on them - because selling on the streets is so risky, 99% of the time the dealer will stash the baggies somewhere else until actually doing the sale.

Do the deal somewhere fairly secluded, make sure you can comfortably look at and smell the weed without worrying about someone calling the cops. If you aren't satisfied then just be straight up and say that you aren't gonna pay for something with such poor quality, most of the time the dealer will respect this and break out the real shit :cool:

Bring a friend, and make sure you both keep up a fairly tough persona. Obviously I'm not saying you should be rude or anything, just consistently give off the vibe that says it wouldn't be a good idea to fuck with you. Little things like posture here could be the difference between getting ripped off, and getting a decent sale.

It's worth bearing in mind that most 'dealers' who would rip you off, are also a lot of the time prepared to sell you stuff for real, it's really just about whether they think they can get away with it or not :D

At the end of the day, buying from a street dealer is always going to be dodgy - if you're careful though it has the potential to go fairly well. Good luck with whatever you do man, I hope this at least helps a little bit ;)