Buying seeds?

Discussion in 'Growing Topics' started by KStateAndBaked, Mar 28, 2013.

1. KStateAndBaked KStateAndBaked

• Since: Mar 28, 2013
    I recently decided to look into growing my own bud, but I have no idea where to begin. I have read that you can buy seeds online. If I live in a state where it's not legal, even for medical use, is buying seed illegal? How much do they normally cost?
  2. Brother Nox Brother Nox

• Since: Apr 7, 2013
    Seeds are generally LEGAL anywhere, it's not classed as a cannabis plant, until you put the seed into soil and water it. Buying them online is easy, simply search google.com for cannabis seeds and there'll be a range of them. This website even includes places to buy them, at the top the categories, seeds. Hope this helps.
  3. Jaggernaut Jaggernaut

• Since: Jan 10, 2010
    Is there any legal repercussions to just buying seeds?
  4. Jaggernaut Jaggernaut

• Since: Jan 10, 2010
    I found that most seed banks will sell to you, although It may be illegal to germinate those seeds. Most seeds sold to the U.S are for novelty purposes...
  5. Monterey Bud Monterey Bud

• Administrator
    • Since: Nov 16, 2011
    First off, congratulations on your choice to grow your own organic herb.

Second, there are plenty of different online sources for purchasing marijuana seeds, though some are more reputable than others. I personally have purchased thousands of seeds over the last 10 years, most being sent from either Canada or Europe. To date, I've never had an incident or scare. Whether that is because I found one source that I trust and never were very from that, or whether I just got lucky, I couldn't tell you.

As to the legality? As I understand it, It's not illegal to buy them from a country in which they are sold legally. It is however, illegal to possess them in the US. A bit of a catch 22. All of that being said, most online seed companies that sell pot seeds tend to utilize discrete unmarked packaging to ship them.

while these are general rules of thumb... As a buyer it is always best to remember "caveat emptor"
  6. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    I don't know where you live, but seeds are illegal everywhere in the United States because of the Controlled Substances Act.

That doesn't mean that you can't buy them. They're shipped in stealthy packaging and I've never heard of anyone being prosecuted for them, even if they get intercepted in the mail. If you're looking for a reliable seedbank, I suggest that you take a look at http://www.seedbankupdate.com/su.html. This is a site that rates seedbanks based on user responses.
    Jaggernaut likes this.