Can a school legally piss test you?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by smokeBudEveryDay, Mar 7, 2010.

1. smokeBudEveryDay smokeBudEveryDay

• Since: Dec 18, 2009
    Just out of curiosity, is it legal for a school to piss test you, even if you show no signs of being under the influence of drugs?
  2. Freshness420 Freshness420

• Since: Nov 10, 2009
    I think there was a recent article on here saying that a school had piss tested their students. But don't quote me on that one.

I personally don't think they should piss test anyone unless the person is caught smoking in the school. Regardless that is bad at school I mean being high and getting high are two different things. But I do think legally a school can test you. However I mean all that proves is that you smoked weed in the last month or so. Pretty much bullshit.
  3. jwall09 jwall09

• Since: Sep 20, 2009
    If your in a sport or in anger mangment they can. I beleve they have to get a parents concent if there gonna piss test u randomly
  4. KushBandit KushBandit

• Since: Jul 13, 2009
    Yes, though they need your parents consent if you're a minor. Don't get this misunderstood with forcing you too. No school can force you to take a urine test.
  5. NEK92 NEK92

• Since: Sep 22, 2009
    I bet they can, but it would probably be more trouble then it would be worth while to them, unless your caught smoking in the bathroom, possesion or something like that. So chances are they won't cuzz of legal risks.
  6. CrayzStoner CrayzStoner

• Since: Feb 5, 2010
    Well its up to you to actually piss for them but im sure they could hold you somewhere till you do take a piss test.
  7. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    A school can make drug testing a requirement for participation in extra-cirrcicular activities. Some schools allow for random drug testing of students, but only witgh parental contenst. No public school can force a student to take a drug test without parental contenst, but students may be denied from extra-cirrciular activites if they refuse a test or if parents refuse to consent to drug testing of their children
  8. Sproggs Sproggs

• Since: Dec 2, 2008
    When I was in 8th grade, they randomly piss tested me. Just out of nowhere. I guess I was "acting funny", but whatever. The dude pulled me into a bathroom and had me pissed in a cup. I was clean of course cuz I hadn't even smoked before (this was three years before my first smoke). Haha...it was funny.,
  9. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    Do you attend a private school? Did your parents consent to such testing? Insofar as I am aware, a public school CANNOT piss test a student without written consent being on file from the parent or legal guardian.
    1 people like this.
  10. Sproggs Sproggs

• Since: Dec 2, 2008
    This was like 4-5 years ago. But no, my mother wasn't notified, and it wasn't a private school.

It was probably just one of those things..."We'll piss test him cuz he has no idea what the fuck is going on, the mother is too stupid to realize that we really shouldn't do this without consent, so she won't make a fuss" haha y'know?

At least, looking back, that's how I perceive it.
  11. 024 024

• Since: Nov 1, 2009
    On behalf of myself and most of everyone here, we are not fit for a drug test :p I would walk off if I was ever forced to give a sample for testing purposes.
  12. Venatrix Venatrix

• Since: Feb 13, 2010
    My school requires you to sign a contract thingy saying that they can randomly piss test you at any time, without warning.
  13. iGanja iGanja

• Since: Aug 5, 2009
    tell them you can only piss if you run and drink a gallon of cranberry juice :D
  14. iGanja iGanja

• Since: Aug 5, 2009
    im a military kid and my dad scared the shit out of my principal in middle school that they wouldnt even mess with me anymore then my freshmen year in highschool i wasnt on drugs or anything i was just pissed and had a pen in my hand the dean of students got scared and said please put the pen down lol needless to say i got sent to Juvie for 6 hours and we went to take the school and the police department to court and they crossed their legs and dropped all charges
  15. 1956 1956

• Since: Jul 23, 2008
    Where I go to college I had to sign a form stating that I knew the school could drug test me at anytime, being dirty would get me kicked out of the program I am in. It is an allied health program and the school had too many complaints of students on clinical rotation coming back from lunch and smelling like weed.
  16. jacjak jacjak

• Since: Jul 29, 2009
    My friend gets drug tested at school but thats because he got caught holding some bud.
  17. Venatrix Venatrix

• Since: Feb 13, 2010
    Hahaha. When they drug tested me last year, they caught me RIGHT as I was walking out the door of the bathroom after taking a piss, and the fucking clinic would only let me have two dixie cups of water to recharge.
    I've actually gotten away with not turning it in so far through really stupid loopholes in the contract, but I'll probably have to turn it in in April.
  18. Speaker Speaker

• Since: Mar 10, 2010
    You guys stop signing those things, they'll eventually stop trying to get you to

sign

those

things.

I think it strange that as much as we call ourselves the home of the brave and the land of the free, when American industry was asked if they would pursue their urinalysis testing in those European countries where they had subsidiaries and or affiliates, they, quite candidly, said no.

They were afraid the people wouldn't stand for it and they wouldn't be able to fill open positions.

I guess we've been trained to knuckle under.

If you allow it....
  19. kronik kronik

• Since: Apr 11, 2009

Sounds like a pretty sketchy thing to me. Guy brings kid who has no idea what is happening into bathroom and forces to piss. Kinda odd... :p
  20. PeaceMouse PeaceMouse

• Since: Mar 6, 2010
    No. They cannot legally drug test you without parental consent. If they do- they are walking into a major lawsuit if you are a minor.