Can Solid Plastic go Through a Metal Detector?

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by smokeapot, Dec 8, 2010.

1. smokeapot smokeapot

• Since: Aug 16, 2006
    I know this might sound like a dumb question but I need to know. It looks exactly like this except it's all plastic instead of glass with a plastic top.

[IMG]
  2. Raizor *3GS* Raizor *3GS*

• Since: Apr 5, 2010
  3. jwall09 jwall09

• Since: Sep 20, 2009
    Nope your straight.
  4. smokeapot smokeapot

Don't act like this is that dumb of a question. I never would have guessed that a gum wrapper could set off a metal detector or that there's metal in duct tape... better safe than sorry

p.s. aren't you the one who started threads talking about how you smoked plastic and got high smelling kief? I think my question is a WHOLE LOT less dumb than that...

cool thanks
    3 people like this.
  5. LukeEatsAirplane LukeEatsAirplane

• Since: Mar 21, 2010
    Owned.
    1 people like this.
  6. HappyBoy1981 HappyBoy1981

• Senior DEA Agent
    • Since: Jul 31, 2010
    I'm just guessing but I'd say that a solid piece of plastic would go undetected through a metal detector. There is nothing for the magnetic flux lines to react with, therefore no indication from the metal detector.
    A metal detector is nothing more than a big Hall effect probe monitoring a constant magnetic field. The field is altered when the flux lines of that field cross through any piece of metal. The Hall effect probe senses that change.
    1 people like this.
  7. Le0n Le0n

• Since: Feb 17, 2010
    Find ouyt how a Metal Detector works, then you will know.

There should be no metalic compounds in your plastic.

Pure plastic and nothing else should make it through.
  8. smokeapot smokeapot

Cool thanks everybody!
    1 people like this.
  9. Le0n Le0n

• Since: Feb 17, 2010
    Bravo!
  10. Raizor *3GS* Raizor *3GS*

• Since: Apr 5, 2010
    And if you would have kept reading those threads you would have seen I wasn't smoking plastic, and it also wasn't keif.... And hell yeah your question is retarded. You just asked if solid plastic could go through a metal detector. It's common sense that when you hear metal detector, that it detects metal... Not plastic.
  11. HappyBoy1981 HappyBoy1981

• Senior DEA Agent
    • Since: Jul 31, 2010
    Now those full body x-ray machines are a different story. That thing will definately stick out if its in your pocket. The TSA will most likely give you a full body cavity search if they find that on you.
  12. smokeapot smokeapot

Haha whatever man I had/have no interest in reading a thread where the first post is about some dumbass who's psyched on the fact that he smoked the metal off a bowl or claimed he got buzzed smelling kief. Congrats :shrug:

And I could honestly care less if you think my question is retarded. I have no idea how plastic is made or if there's any traces of metal in it which is why I asked, your input is clearly not needed in this thread so don't bother replying...
  13. smokeapot smokeapot

The place I'm going has those but I don't think I'll have to go through one, I'll definitely keep that in mind though, thanks!