Can you clean your bowl with just water?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by LukeEatsAirplane, Oct 12, 2010.

1. LukeEatsAirplane LukeEatsAirplane

• Since: Mar 21, 2010
    Alright, so I'm home from school sick today, and I wanted to do something productive. I figured, "Hey, I should clean my bowl". Thing is, I don't have anything to soak it in (alcohol), and my dad's right downstairs, so it's like, I can't go down their and root around for some alcohol, because he thinks I'm up here sleeping. So I was wondering, can I clean it out with just water, and some paper or something? Also, should I use soap to make it smell better, or will that screw it up? I have a case of OCD, so all of the little weed granules stuck to the side of the bowl are annoying me. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S.: No, I don't want to smoke the resin.
  2. devilsfan420 devilsfan420

• Since: Aug 16, 2009
    water won't do much but the hotter it is the better it will be. if it's a glass piece and you put it in a pot of boiling water it will make it a lot easier to scrape out the resin. however, the best method still proves to be isoproyl alcohol and salt to make pieces look like they're new.
  3. Myracl Myracl

• Since: Sep 8, 2010
    you could just dip a paper towel in some water for the outside of the bowl, and get it somewhat clean. You wont be able to get much off the inside, but if the outside is bothering you that much you can get some off. Be careful though, its very stinky, and if you just put your glass in hot water it could crack. work the temp. up with the glass in it
  4. Cisurfer Cisurfer

• Since: Oct 12, 2010
    What i usually do, to clean a bowl quickly, is scrape around the inside with a paperclip for a minute or so, then soak in it water for about 30 seconds then rinse and repeat, I also use Q-tips, but it depends on how your bowl is shaped to be able to use one of those
  5. laCster laCster

• Since: Oct 5, 2008
    dont clean your bowl with anything but 99% iso alcohol.
    otherwise scrape your bowl and form a resin ball :)
  6. Ringedredbullet Ringedredbullet

• Since: Jan 28, 2010
    i agree i boil my pipe a few times each month works great with Q-tips too