Can you die from MArijuana?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by AntiBritishGuy, Oct 9, 2003.

1. AntiBritishGuy AntiBritishGuy

• Since: Sep 30, 2003
    I heard that you can't die from weed from Jackherer.com, but I am still unsure. Please give me a straight answer, and some links as proof would be nice. Thanx in advance!
  2. mindraver mindraver

• Since: Oct 29, 2001
    no one has ever died or overdosed on marijuana before. you would pass out before being able to even come close to smoking enough to OD.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    7. Drugs used in medicine are routinely given what is called an LD-50. The LD-50 rating indicates at what dosage fifty percent of test animals receiving a drug will die as a result of drug induced toxicity. A number of researchers have attempted to determine marijuana's LD-50 rating in test animals, without success. Simply stated, researchers have been unable to give animals enough marijuana to induce death.

8. At present it is estimated that marijuana's LD-50 is around

1:20,000 or 1:40,000. In layman terms this means that in order to induce death a marijuana smoker would have to consume 20,000 to 40,000 times as much marijuana as is contained in onemarijuana cigarette. NIDA-supplied marijuana cigarettes weigh approximately .9 grams. A smoker would theoretically have to consume nearly 1,500 pounds of marijuana within about fifteen minutes to induce a lethal response.

9. In practical terms, marijuana cannot induce a lethal response as a result of drug-related toxicity.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heres the source.
  3. Lothar121 Lothar121

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Feb 11, 2003
    Also please take the time to review the Canaidan Senate Commitee study.

Special Committee on Illegal drugs

This study represents the most up to date and well financed study of cannabis and cannabis policy to date.
  4. TurbulentHigh TurbulentHigh

• Since: Sep 17, 2003
    No you can't die. In fact, marijuana will make you king. King of your own little town. Har har Har.

- TurbulentHigh
  5. Charon Charon

• Since: Aug 9, 2002
    the only plausible ways...

On a serious note, I believe it is possible to die from maryjane, Under certain cirumstances. 1st, I would bet money that if some one inclosed them selves in a small place such as an air tight 4X4 square box, hotmboxed teh room and stayed for as long as possible, may die of afixiation.

It is also possible to use weed to stuff a persons mouth and nose and seal it with tape, Another form of afixiation.

If you were to use the stem of mary jane and JAB it into the throat and destroy the air tube, that may also cause death.

chopping up the mary jane into fine particles and dilute it with water, and put into a syringe, and then injecting may cause clots in the blood vessels, which may lead to death.

Eating or smokeing Laced weed could leed to coma and death.

im sure there r other ways maryjane can cause death... BUT ive never heard of it causing death by just injestion or smokeing.

Charon
  6. Plainsman1963 Plainsman1963

• Since: Jul 19, 2002
    Since the serious answer has been given...

Don't forget if someone drops a bale of weed from an airplane and it hits you on the head.
    That would be death my marijuana. ;)

Plains
  7. Lyte it up 420 Lyte it up 420

• Since: May 13, 2003
    Re: the only plausible ways...

yea but those are caused by stupid users not the drug, any idiot whod lock himself in a room to choke himself to death shouldnt be smoking in the first place, and the cause of death would be aspyxiation, oxygen deprivation, not marijuana
  8. PhreshwaterPhunk PhreshwaterPhunk

• Mister Natural
    • Since: Dec 30, 2002
    Marijuana is less dangerous than anything. and i know this cause im stoned. ok? ok
  9. laylong laylong

• Since: Jun 13, 2003
    Well its obvious, if you smoke your at an increased risk of lung cancer, thats a given regardless if you smoke MJ or anything else. But compared to tobacco its far less harmful.

But MJ its self can kill you... if you smoke several hundread pounds within the course of an hour I beleave :rolleyes: Yea, so basicly in real turns it cant, MJ its self is less harmful than alot of stuff.

Of course, go driving or get yourself in a situation where you can get a lack of air... you might die
  10. ponchosuperstar ponchosuperstar

• Since: Dec 2, 2002
    Re: Re: the only plausible ways...

correct me if im wrong here, but he may have been fooling around... not arguing about it.
  11. TurbulentHigh TurbulentHigh

• Since: Sep 17, 2003
    Re: Re: Re: the only plausible ways...

Many of us on here joke around. It is important to take issues that regard death seriously. While most of us on the board recognize it as a joke. There is a minority that will in fact believe it. I think I can speak for most of us when I say, thats some thing we want to avoid.

- TurbulentHigh

12. Juno Juno

• Since: Aug 20, 2003
    I OD on MJ once,

me & 2 other friends smoked something like an ounce all in one night and i started freaking out cuz i couldnt handle the extreme high i was getting. it was very very unpleasant and painful, high was getting higher and higher and i felt like passing out but it was to painful to pass out (it felt like i was wrapped around with tight rope like a mummy and getting squeezed tighter and tighter)..i rolled around the floor like my body was on fire until next morning, and finally i was able to passout. that was about 8yrs ago, and i still remember every moment of that night vividly..it was an experience i do not wanna repeat. from that night on i do not smoke weed with body stone effect, i hate the feeling of couchlock
  13. Charon Charon

• Since: Aug 9, 2002
    lol

lol i was jokeing around to clarify, Plains post made me laugh as soon as i followed up on this thread.

Charon
  14. Rusty_Cage Rusty_Cage

• Sophist
    • Since: Jun 19, 2001
    Re: I OD on MJ once,

I dunno whether to laugh or gape. I've smoked much more than that in a sitting, and as close to death as I've come was hugging the toilet.

Let's give it the combo, though.

:laugh:
    :jawdrop:
  15. Beatlejuice Beatlejuice

• Since: Jun 8, 2003
    It's also possible that while smoking on a filtered joint, you may suck out the filter and suffocate.

P.S. Why do you dislike British people, or is it just a meaningless name???
  16. AntiBritishGuy AntiBritishGuy

To tell you the truth, when I used to watch Tech TV, my impression of the Brits is that they were full of sh*t.

Anyways, I was leaning more along the lines of cancer....
  17. ManMulcahey ManMulcahey

• Wilson, King of Prussia
    • Since: Apr 24, 2003
    you know you can die from a potato? you can OD on potatos before magic mary jane
  18. woshbosh woshbosh

• Since: Sep 19, 2002
    i'll bet you could OD on oxygen before weed, if you were inhaling the same amount of pure oxygen, u'd prolly die heheh... :eek:
  19. smokinstump smokinstump

• Since: Aug 21, 2003
    If you were chewing on a stem and it got stuck in your throat. You MIGHT die.

-Sm:chokin:kinStump
  20. AntiBritishGuy AntiBritishGuy

Can MJ cause cancer, or will it increase the chances and will only be possible if you do something else too?