Can you eat raw hash?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by rastafari_420, Apr 7, 2010.

1. rastafari_420 rastafari_420

• Since: May 1, 2009
    Everything on google is a few years old, outdated info.

Simple question, if I took a gram of bubble hash and just ate it would it get me high? I've heard eating it and drinking a tall class of milk, because of its fat, will do what fat does with thc blah blah and get you pretty stoned.

I've never tried it tho, planning on it this weekend but I dont want to waste good hash for nothing :D
  2. Zeroxtreem Zeroxtreem

• News *****
    • Since: Apr 6, 2009
    I was actually talking to Vicki about this earlier, and I believe Thrice Twice and I have had a couple conversations on it, and the short answer is:

No you can't just eat it.

However you can put it in a recipe in this thread:
    http://www.marijuana.com/420-lounge/144411-happy-4-20-2010-thread-add-your-contribution.html

I did. And it was gooooooood.
    1 people like this.
  3. hector hector

• Since: Jun 19, 2009
    i have seen people orally taking hash for medical purposes(Austism).but i think eatting it would be no where near as efficient as smoking. you need to heat it to release the Psychoactive THC
  4. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    • Since: Feb 10, 2007
    Oh yes, you can definitely eat it.
    Back in the 60's, when I was into ingesting, we used to get a lot of incredible hash. We would experiment with different amounts, roll it into a ball , and down the hatch.
    I found ultimately that it was not my thing except for rare occasions. It took the equivalent of +- 5 or 6 J's to get off and then it was one heck of a ride. Very hallucinogenic and many hours long. Hard to find the correct dosage as well.

Ever after I've preferred to smoke it. The taste is out of this world and dropping your nose in the smoke stream is one of life's most beautiful moments...
  5. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    That would be a lot of hash, wow! :eek:
  6. dreamer dreamer

• Inclined to Isolate
    • Since: Oct 28, 2005
    yea you can eat hash, and even weed staright up without cooking it.
    ive done both. Sterbo is right though, hash is a beautiful things when smoked :)
    also eating straight up buds is kind of gross.... haha, young and stupid.....
  7. metanoia metanoia

• Smoke. Weed.
    • Since: Oct 7, 2009

You can actually, you just need to eat a lot of raw marijuana. Kind of like carbohydrates, if you eat a little and exercise, you'll burn it all, but thc burns much faster without needing energy to burn it, it's fat soluble, but if you want to eat weed, bake it, much cheaper and easier on your stomach
    1 people like this.
  8. JPtheMT JPtheMT

• Since: Jul 6, 2006
    I used to get some top of the line hash from out of this country and would just eat about 2 grams in the morning and be higher than fuck all day long, that good hash isn't available to me anymore :[ Sure miss it though..used to eat it before taking some windowpane or 4 way too, good times.
    1 people like this.
  9. TokeArtist TokeArtist

• Since: Feb 20, 2010
    Before taking what???
  10. cj117 cj117

• Surfer Monkey
    • Since: Oct 28, 2007
  11. Canta Canta

• Since: Oct 1, 2007
    I think it might depend on whether its live hash or dead hash. I have seen a few of my friends parents gnawing on a big lump of hash, I would generally make it into a yoghurt.
  12. buddlydoright buddlydoright

• Since: Mar 25, 2010
    I've had a piece of a hash brownie before. Granted it was cook but it tasted like pure hash. Like all I ate was just hash(I only have a bite). I was kinda high within like 20 minutes but nothing crazy intense.
  13. AstroCoaster AstroCoaster

• Since: Nov 2, 2009
    Yes ... you can eat raw hash. You can also chew weed with olive oil, but I don't recomend it. It goes down pretty nasty and its a waste of good weed.
  14. 1956 1956

• Since: Jul 23, 2008
    Go for it

Yes you can eat hash and get very stoned, for a very long time. Eat it on an empty stomach and then smoke another gram 2 hrs after you ate the first gram. Next thing you know it will be 421.
  15. Love4TheNugg Love4TheNugg

• NorCal MushroomCloud
    • Since: Mar 25, 2010
    I've always heard you need a heatsource to activate the THC, maybe you can eat it, but im pretty sure its way better if you smoke it.
  16. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    Reference Post 4 :)
    Gotta tell ya that some of my best tripping was those times I ate 3 to 4 grams of Napalese hash :yikes:...
    1 people like this.
  17. joshpackr joshpackr

• Since: Aug 4, 2007
    I've never just eaten raw hash so I don't really know how high it will get you. However, I ate some of a hash brownie a couple of years ago and it was an unpleasant ride. I've never ingested hash since.

Damn that was a rough ride.
  18. JPtheMT JPtheMT

• Since: Jul 6, 2006
    LSD. They went so well together :]
  19. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    Windowpane :D
    Back on the beaches and in the canyons we youngin's used to find great sanctuary. Mostly smoking some pretty darn good Mexican home grown, making love and peace and occasionally finding our measure peaking thru the windowpane...