Can You Re-Use Vaporized Bud?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Vicki, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Moses27 Moses27

• Since: Aug 26, 2006
    Believe my words, for I truly know/

Vaporized weed for cooking......
    Before I begin I must say that there is hardly a pothead out there like me... Even your typical 'Stoner' can consider himself an amature. I smoke constantly...and vap.... and cook....man I just love gettin high. I (quickly) accumulated twice an ounce plus one of vaped and semi vaped residue for lack of a better word. I took this quantity and buttered it up. Taking all steps required over the course of many hours over a hot stove. The result 3/4 cup of greatness. I cooked one of those betty qrouaker brownies, you know the packages, calling for 1/4 cup of butter.... (now for science geek...95% of the packages are the same quantitys of ingredients in various combinations..serving size remains the same. know in a 9x9 inch pan in cooked up approx 1inch) what was I sanying... Oh yeah a 2 square inches... had me a lot higher than normal... Heres why:
    1. You never get all the THC.... its immposible... think half life.... not the viddy game. Thats why it so strong for the first bag and not as strong for the second etc etc... My point is you give up and want that really strong sensation in your throat (and mind) so you refill the vap witha a fresh batch. The conservationalist among us 'save' this little etc...
    2. ITS NOT THE SAME BUZZ... How it gets to your brain affects how the blood circulates in the brain.... ever seen those dye pictures...on an xray.. its a maze up there. A different path to the brain results in a different high, more so then the differences between varities. Most (myself included) consider it a body buzz...who knows why ?
    In conclusion enjoy something that is so meant to be enjoyed, why else would you enjoy it so much.
    P.S. Im from canada and our pot is much better then other places I have been...by a fair margin.
    Singing off,
    Moses
  2. Elixircell Elixircell

• Since: Sep 4, 2006
    RE-USING VAPORIZED MARIJUANA & OTHER PRICELESS TIPS 'n HINTS

K, I don't ever post anything, however after twenty years as a medicinal pot user and amateur chemist here's a few nugs of nug info that all smokers might wish to finally know the truth to:

1. If you throw away your vaporized weed remains, you're also tossing roughly 30-40% of the available THC. I've gone from owning the highest priced digital vaporizer, to mid-priced globes with heating elements and finally, my new little Vapor Pipe (don't know the brand name, but I shelled out around $80 bucks for it). My new Vapor Pipe is thickly insulated, uses only a lighter (I use a propane torch as butane tastes like shit and takes forever to get the pot warm enough to initiate vaporization, do the torch quickly and you'll get a feel for how quick you can vape your stuff before it begins combustion). I thought vaping was bullshit until I got the pipe. It's NOT. If you learn how to vape like I do, your weed lasts longer and you stay high 4-5 times longer than say, smoking a J with the same amount. My pipe, by the way, works by using what appears to be a huge screen that screws onto any bowl with threads, making it excellent to use screwed onto a bongs bowl. It diffuses the flame you provide so it never touches the herb, it just showers your grass with intense heat, if you overheat it, you'll know instantly from the near-death choking experienence that subsequently follows such a little smoking plume 'snafu'. Do it right and one hit of schwag will lay your ass onto, if not melting into, the closest couch. Plus, you'll finally get to TASTE your herb, and even the crappiest weed tastes mountain-grown Folger's fresh. Seriously. It's like me plucking a fresh bud off one of my girls and smoking it wet, flavorwise. After you've vaped your stash, it still contains 'quite a bit' of THC. Take that browned shit and either;

1. Grind it up, put it into a coffee filter & pour Everclear or Acetone or Isopropyl alcohol through the filter over a plate. Let the plate evaporate off the Everclear, scrape up the 'honey' and you've got some of the most potent hash you've ever stumbled onto and then from.

2. Or, grind it, put it into a coffee filter (I always use two or more filters to get the finest product in this or any other extraction method). Hold the filter over a plate and take several cans of butane (the kind you use to refill lighters, NOT the butane for older lighters, it must be the kind in a compressed can), now either (A.) light the last cigarette you'll ever smoke in your life, or better yet, (B.) avoid ALL sources of flame and shoot the butane through the vaped herb and coffee filter and onto the plate, go with choice B if you haven't picked up on that yet. The butane evaporates rapidly within minutes and leaves no butane residue, nothing left behind except for some bi-atchin' 'hash honey' that when smoked, will make you swear off ever smoking weed again (or at least for an hour or so...!!!). Personally, I prefer the butane method, it gives the most potent results, but if you're a health nut worried about possible left-over butane, go with the all-natural grain alcohol Everclear method. Once again, these are easy ways to enhance your pot and lengthen it's longevity, but do remember that your nicotine habit should come in second behind, say becoming a human flame, no FIRE while performing these. Do it outside if you can, if not, then ensure you're in a well-ventilated area. Regardless, it's well worth your time to extract instead of throw away, your vapor leftovers. I've tried cooking brownies with the leftovers but they only made me tired as hell and sleep-bound for like, 24 hours. You lose the cerebral high from trying to cook it with butter food.

2. Got a well-used pipe or bong thats gummed-up from smoking? Don't be a fool and throw that valuable shit away... soak the pipe or bong in Everclear for a few hours, filter the Everclear through coffee filters (use five or more to get the nasty taste out) and smoke the scraped up 'honey', or mix it with your regular weed for a mind-blistering high.

3. Vaping also provides the following benefit I've not seen advertised, that being that you are stoned immediately after the hit. BOOM! Plus, vaping doesn't effect any seeds or stems you may have left after cleaning your stash. I don't know about you, but in the past, if I ran across a popping & smoking seed in my hit, it was like finding a bone in your soup, it effectively 'ruins the whole meal'. If your vaping, you MUST get a little smoke, or you're not vaping right. If you get too much smoke, you've overheated and your lungs will be throwing you the finger for a few days. It's a very fine line that any smoker can find for themselves.

4. If you're lazy, you CAN smoke the vaped leftovers by themselves and achieve a bitchin', although more carcinogenic, high. I think vaporizers are most useful in getting more high off your stuff as well as leaving you behind the 'vapor poo' that you can use later as you wish. Vaporizing gets you a high from THC that you wouldn't normally get from lighting it, since fire kills THC. However, the vaped leftovers are definitely worth working with and will extend your bag life dramatically.

5. Bubble bags are fun to play with, but they're overated and the comedown from smoking bubble hash sucks. Go with the above simple hash techniques & your golden, plus you can probably use the couple of hundred bucks that the Bubble bags cost to just buy more herb and make your own hash.

6. Grow your own weed. That's it, dudes. Go ahead & just make the decision to do it, you'll never know how much better it is than buying weed. Now, with the new fluorescent lighting offered everywhere, I got rid of my three 1000 watt MH/HPS switchable ballasts and grow much better medicinal pot than with my HID lights, not too mention my electric company doesn't wonder why my wife & I use more energy than a small city. I used to have one complete guest room in the house going. You have to manage way too much. I got a stealthy little setup that uses Bubbleponics, houses six plants and is the size of a medium sized Tupperware box, with two 85 watt fluoros. You can place these lights right up to the plants without frying them (I now use the small bathroom in our bedroom, which coincidentally has a window in the front of the house, which I put (open!) blinds on with a white curtain behind them so it appears that it's a normal room with open blinds, I put a cheap $6 dollar styrofoam wall behind that, and with some foil tape I made it lightproof). Definite improvement, plus now when I open the door to my growroom, it doesn't look like the Son of God is making an appearance from the lights. I spent over $2000 on my first growroom, and only about $200 for my new bathroom location which yields just as much.

7. DON'T THROW YOUR TRASH OUT FOR THE GARBAGEMAN!!!!! If you're being watched or not, anyone can go through your trash and that can land your ass in jail. Toss it into your garage and take it to the dump or to dumpsters somewhere else. THIS CAN SAVE YOUR ASS! By relocating my growroom into a small bathroom, I can now toss dead leaves and debris into the toilet in there, or cut up bigass stems into small pieces and flush them. If you want to be extra safe, toss some Drano in with all the shit and it will ensure easier flushing although I've grown monster crops for myself and never clogged my toilet. It's also nicer in the bathroom, I have instant access to water for draining and refilling my little system which I just set on top of the sink.

8. Make the most outta your lights, but screw buying expensive Mylar. Want to be completely efficient...? You do, so buy the cheap emergency foil blankets sold at Wal-Mart and such places. They work better than anything and you can make a little tent around your babies, with fresh air being blown in by a blower on top of the air-conditioning vent in the bathroom creating their own 'ecosystem'.

Whew. That's all for now. If the interest is here, I'll keep posting more invaluable anti-penitentiary tips that will also increase your yields and keep you from having to drive to the 'east side' to meet some dude named Luther who also sells crack. Oh, in closing, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! If a cop comes to your door, DON'T ANSWER IT! You have no legal obligation to let them in unless they have a search warrant or probable cause (like sweet leaf smoke carelessly wafting out your front door). Plus, if they DO have a search warrant, they really don't need your assistance at all in opening your front door. Should you decide it best to open the door to them, STEP OUTSIDE IMMEDIATELY, SHUTTING THE DOOR BEHIND YOU. Talk to them politely outside if you wish ADMITTING NOTHING, but do not let them in without a warrant or later your newly-appointed legal counsel will be telling you that you shouldn't have let them in without a warrant.

I'm also here to tell all of you other smokers that the medicinal marijuana movement is WORKING. I mentioned earlier that I had gotten rid of my three 1000 watt light ballasts. What I didn't mention is that it wasn't voluntarily. The cops took them when they illegally searched my house and found my growroom. I was completely upfront with them regarding my medicinal usage and my wife & I sat in the living room while they rummaged through our belongings. We were terrified, but the cops had us sign a statement of what I used the medicinal MJ for and then they shook our hands & left...! I'm relatively certain that they enjoyed the two+ pounds of primo White Widow buds that they left with, but even more relieved & surprised that I'm not in prison as Missouri is not a medicinally-compassionate state. Now, they did tell me that while no charges were being pressed by them, that the district attorney retains the right to file charges later but that's been three months ago. My friend Keith Stroup at NORML advised me that they have up to a year to do so. It'll be a media circus if they do, though. So, if you hear of a medicinal marijuana patient being arrested in a little Missouri town and you've gotten anything useful from my post then be sure and support me and our cause. I can also be reached via e-mail for inquiries at richhollister at yahoo dot com.

1 people like this.
  3. Elixircell Elixircell

• Since: Sep 4, 2006
    Elixircell speaks his opinion...

RE-USING VAPORIZED MARIJUANA & OTHER PRICELESS TIPS 'n HINTS

K, I don't ever post anything, however after twenty years as a medicinal pot user and amateur chemist here's a few nugs of nug info that all smokers might wish to finally know the truth to:

1. If you throw away your vaporized weed remains, you're also tossing roughly 30-40% of the available THC. I've gone from owning the highest priced digital vaporizer, to mid-priced globes with heating elements and finally, my new little Vapor Pipe (don't know the brand name, but I shelled out around $80 bucks for it). My new Vapor Pipe is thickly insulated, uses only a lighter (I use a propane torch as butane tastes like shit and takes forever to get the pot warm enough to initiate vaporization, do the torch quickly and you'll get a feel for how quick you can vape your stuff before it begins combustion). I thought vaping was bullshit until I got the pipe. It's NOT. If you learn how to vape like I do, your weed lasts longer and you stay high 4-5 times longer than say, smoking a J with the same amount. My pipe, by the way, works by using what appears to be a huge screen that screws onto any bowl with threads, making it excellent to use screwed onto a bongs bowl. It diffuses the flame you provide so it never touches the herb, it just showers your grass with intense heat, if you overheat it, you'll know instantly from the near-death choking experienence that subsequently follows such a little smoking plume 'snafu'. Do it right and one hit of schwag will lay your ass onto, if not melting into, the closest couch. Plus, you'll finally get to TASTE your herb, and even the crappiest weed tastes mountain-grown Folger's fresh. Seriously. It's like me plucking a fresh bud off one of my girls and smoking it wet, flavorwise. After you've vaped your stash, it still contains 'quite a bit' of THC. Take that browned shit and either;

1. Grind it up, put it into a coffee filter & pour Everclear or Acetone or Isopropyl alcohol through the filter over a plate. Let the plate evaporate off the Everclear, scrape up the 'honey' and you've got some of the most potent hash you've ever stumbled onto and then from.

2. Or, grind it, put it into a coffee filter (I always use two or more filters to get the finest product in this or any other extraction method). Hold the filter over a plate and take several cans of butane (the kind you use to refill lighters, NOT the butane for older lighters, it must be the kind in a compressed can), now either (A.) light the last cigarette you'll ever smoke in your life, or better yet, (B.) avoid ALL sources of flame and shoot the butane through the vaped herb and coffee filter and onto the plate, go with choice B if you haven't picked up on that yet. The butane evaporates rapidly within minutes and leaves no butane residue, nothing left behind except for some bi-atchin' 'hash honey' that when smoked, will make you swear off ever smoking weed again (or at least for an hour or so...!!!). Personally, I prefer the butane method, it gives the most potent results, but if you're a health nut worried about possible left-over butane, go with the all-natural grain alcohol Everclear method. Once again, these are easy ways to enhance your pot and lengthen it's longevity, but do remember that your nicotine habit should come in second behind, say becoming a human flame, no FIRE while performing these. Do it outside if you can, if not, then ensure you're in a well-ventilated area. Regardless, it's well worth your time to extract instead of throw away, your vapor leftovers. I've tried cooking brownies with the leftovers but they only made me tired as hell and sleep-bound for like, 24 hours. You lose the cerebral high from trying to cook it with butter food.

2. Got a well-used pipe or bong thats gummed-up from smoking? Don't be a fool and throw that valuable shit away... soak the pipe or bong in Everclear for a few hours, filter the Everclear through coffee filters (use five or more to get the nasty taste out) and smoke the scraped up 'honey', or mix it with your regular weed for a mind-blistering high.

3. Vaping also provides the following benefit I've not seen advertised, that being that you are stoned immediately after the hit. BOOM! Plus, vaping doesn't effect any seeds or stems you may have left after cleaning your stash. I don't know about you, but in the past, if I ran across a popping & smoking seed in my hit, it was like finding a bone in your soup, it effectively 'ruins the whole meal'. If your vaping, you MUST get a little smoke, or you're not vaping right. If you get too much smoke, you've overheated and your lungs will be throwing you the finger for a few days. It's a very fine line that any smoker can find for themselves.

4. If you're lazy, you CAN smoke the vaped leftovers by themselves and achieve a bitchin', although more carcinogenic, high. I think vaporizers are most useful in getting more high off your stuff as well as leaving you behind the 'vapor poo' that you can use later as you wish. Vaporizing gets you a high from THC that you wouldn't normally get from lighting it, since fire kills THC. However, the vaped leftovers are definitely worth working with and will extend your bag life dramatically.

5. Bubble bags are fun to play with, but they're overated and the comedown from smoking bubble hash sucks. Go with the above simple hash techniques & your golden, plus you can probably use the couple of hundred bucks that the Bubble bags cost to just buy more herb and make your own hash.

6. Grow your own weed. That's it, dudes. Go ahead & just make the decision to do it, you'll never know how much better it is than buying weed. Now, with the new fluorescent lighting offered everywhere, I got rid of my three 1000 watt MH/HPS switchable ballasts and grow much better medicinal pot than with my HID lights, not too mention my electric company doesn't wonder why my wife & I use more energy than a small city. I used to have one complete guest room in the house going. You have to manage way too much. I got a stealthy little setup that uses Bubbleponics, houses six plants and is the size of a medium sized Tupperware box, with two 85 watt fluoros. You can place these lights right up to the plants without frying them (I now use the small bathroom in our bedroom, which coincidentally has a window in the front of the house, which I put (open!) blinds on with a white curtain behind them so it appears that it's a normal room with open blinds, I put a cheap $6 dollar styrofoam wall behind that, and with some foil tape I made it lightproof). Definite improvement, plus now when I open the door to my growroom, it doesn't look like the Son of God is making an appearance from the lights. I spent over $2000 on my first growroom, and only about $200 for my new bathroom location which yields just as much.

7. DON'T THROW YOUR TRASH OUT FOR THE GARBAGEMAN!!!!! If you're being watched or not, anyone can go through your trash and that can land your ass in jail. Toss it into your garage and take it to the dump or to dumpsters somewhere else. THIS CAN SAVE YOUR ASS! By relocating my growroom into a small bathroom, I can now toss dead leaves and debris into the toilet in there, or cut up bigass stems into small pieces and flush them. If you want to be extra safe, toss some Drano in with all the shit and it will ensure easier flushing although I've grown monster crops for myself and never clogged my toilet. It's also nicer in the bathroom, I have instant access to water for draining and refilling my little system which I just set on top of the sink.

8. Make the most outta your lights, but screw buying expensive Mylar. Want to be completely efficient...? You do, so buy the cheap emergency foil blankets sold at Wal-Mart and such places. They work better than anything and you can make a little tent around your babies, with fresh air being blown in by a blower on top of the air-conditioning vent in the bathroom creating their own 'ecosystem'.

Whew. That's all for now. If the interest is here, I'll keep posting more invaluable anti-penitentiary tips that will also increase your yields and keep you from having to drive to the 'east side' to meet some dude named Luther who also sells crack. Oh, in closing, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS! If a cop comes to your door, DON'T ANSWER IT! You have no legal obligation to let them in unless they have a search warrant or probable cause (like sweet leaf smoke carelessly wafting out your front door). Plus, if they DO have a search warrant, they really don't need your assistance at all in opening your front door. Should you decide it best to open the door to them, STEP OUTSIDE IMMEDIATELY, SHUTTING THE DOOR BEHIND YOU. Talk to them politely outside if you wish ADMITTING NOTHING, but do not let them in without a warrant or later your newly-appointed legal counsel will be telling you that you shouldn't have let them in without a warrant.

I'm also here to tell all of you other smokers that the medicinal marijuana movement is WORKING. I mentioned earlier that I had gotten rid of my three 1000 watt light ballasts. What I didn't mention is that it wasn't voluntarily. The cops took them when they illegally searched my house and found my growroom. I was completely upfront with them regarding my medicinal usage and my wife & I sat in the living room while they rummaged through our belongings. We were terrified, but the cops had us sign a statement of what I used the medicinal MJ for and then they shook our hands & left...! I'm relatively certain that they enjoyed the two+ pounds of primo White Widow buds that they left with, but even more relieved & surprised that I'm not in prison as Missouri is not a medicinally-compassionate state. Now, they did tell me that while no charges were being pressed by them, that the district attorney retains the right to file charges later but that's been three months ago. My friend Keith Stroup at NORML advised me that they have up to a year to do so. It'll be a media circus if they do, though. So, if you hear of a medicinal marijuana patient being arrested in a little Missouri town and you've gotten anything useful from my post then be sure and support me and our cause. I can also be reached via e-mail for inquiries at richhollister at yahoo dot com.

2 people like this.
  4. fiestaGerbil fiestaGerbil

• Since: Dec 2, 2006
    here's a ques. out of left field . . .

been using a vaporizer for 4+ months now, and have been trying to come up with creative ways to dispose of the "residue" left over from a session. Anybody have any fairly safe modes of disposal, i.e. not easily dicovered by local pd, or not traceable back to the residence etc. i've done several things including flushing down the toilet in very sporadic amounts (i'm parinoid about flushing too much - can they trace it back to my home?!?!?!) to mixing it in with used kitty litter.

slighty parinoid, i know.:D

ole!
  5. Explicit Explicit

• Since: Feb 9, 2006
    Garbage disposal maybe? You are being overly paranoid though, I must say. The police cannot trace the sewage lines to your house after they somehow find some nasty buds in the shit water down there so flushing it is fine.

:Paranoid:
  6. nerphroll nerphroll

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    Ha :)
    I enjoy your attention to detail. Don't get yourself too worked up though. Flushing it is fine, that's what I do. But don't get rid of it until you've truly exhausted all the THC in there! If the alcohol extraction methods are too high tech for you, try cooking with it.
  7. YungCust YungCust

• Since: May 27, 2008
    I do not vape my bud all the way until it is completely brown, there always tends to be some weak geenish shake. I use it all to make brownies and have been satisfied with both batches I have made, although I did need quite a bit more vaped bud than I would need of regular weed brownies.
  8. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004

I'm bumping this information because I think it is worth people seeing again. :)
    1 people like this.
  9. Sofa King Sofa King

• It's Good to be the KING.
    • Since: Mar 1, 2006
    If you use Isopropyl, how do you know when it is safe to re-vap the hash?
    Has anyone actually tried this? What were the results?
    Sorry for all the Q's but this seems like the best and easiest way to reuse the AVB. But I would rather not fuck myself up by inhaling Iso. fumes.
  10. Zaireeka Zaireeka

• Since: Sep 13, 2007
    I haven't tried on ABV, but I have made ISO hash out of the residue left on the inside of my wand before. It wasn't a very large amount, so the results were nothing spectacular, but I could definitely feel a little extra boost in my hits. :)

I just let the isopropyl alcohol bind to the THC by letting the wand sit in it overnight, then poured the contents through a coffee filter. Then I took the alcohol and put it in a plate and placed that on an ELECTRIC heating element, in a WELL VENTILATED area. You'll be able to tell when it is ready to be scraped up and re-vaped when all that is left on the plate is a nice sticky residue.
  11. YungCust YungCust

• Since: May 27, 2008
    Does anyone have any information/links about easy extraction methods of the THC from my vaped bud? I have never tried before and would like to make an oil or possibly a hash? Im not sure...
  12. shibshib shibshib

• Since: Aug 8, 2007

search function =P

Seriously though, there are literally dozens of threads... mainly in the culinary section.

search for "cannabutter" or "cannibutter"
  13. Kiefer Suthrlnd Kiefer Suthrlnd

• Since: Jun 22, 2008
    Yung, go to google and type in Pot Brownies..click on the second link, the applesoft one. I used this method with 14 g's of already been vaped bud...two brownies and I was really stoned for hours. The only smell in my house was like fried popcorn and it lasted a couple days.

I use a candy thermometer in the oil while the bud is simmering and make sure its at like 350-370 so as not to burn anything and still extract all the goodness thats left. I want to try letting it sit in the oil for a whole day in a crock pot, I hear that works well.

There's a lot of edibles you can make with the oil..the recipes are endless.
  14. B2D B2D

• Since: Jul 2, 2008
    stop worrying. if you don't want to save it for cooking just flush that shit. no they can't trace it to your house.
  15. MIZZ420 MIZZ420

• Since: Jan 9, 2012
    Thank You

Thank You for "bumping" this post because it was worth seeing! I am a fellow partaker' of the herbals but surprisingly never "vaped". My relationship with "natural theraputic remedies" has been a very long one and I have very traditional ways of partaking. It was a great coincidence that a friend of mine just 2 days ago offered to loan me a vaporizer just out of the blue, and then I stumble upon this great post! Things that make you say.... hmmmm! The post def had my attention and quite intrigued! I consider myself a hardcore web user and yet this is my very first time ever joining a community forum so again thank you for the very informative post. I am more then excited for my soon to be date with "The Vape" and I will def post my findings :). This forum stuff seems pretty fun, cant wait for more! Spark IT! ;)