Cannabis hard candy recipe??

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by smurffy, Jan 21, 2005.

1. smurffy smurffy

• Since: Jan 21, 2005
    Hi, I bought a medicinal cannabis cinnamon sucker at a co-op here in Northern California. It tastes great, and does an incredible job of easing my arthritis pain. I would love to find a recipe of how to make a similar hard candy. Any Ideas out there??
  2. Cownose Cownose

• Since: Jun 27, 2004
    Well, here is a site with alot of hard candy recipies, but the only ones that call for butter are the anise and butterscotch. However, I'm not really up to date on cannibis recipies and cooking, perhaps you could substitute the oil for oil-cannibis?
  3. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
    I'll try and come up with a recipe for this. What you would have to do is make a tincture of sorts with cannabis first, and add it to a hard candy recipe like you would if you were adding a flavor extract. However, I need to see if the heat temperature of hard candy would deteriorate the THC or not. I'll get back to you on this one.
  4. smurffy smurffy

• Since: Jan 21, 2005
    More on cannabis hard candy

the sucker I got is clear, and seems to be like normal hard candy. in addition to the cinnimon taste, it has a clear "first hit" taste. the effects come on slower than smoking, but much more rapidly that by eating it in brownie form. I noticed that, just like smoking, you know you have had enough when you just keep forgetting to suck on the candy. Obviously much healthier. the brand I got is called "CLR Candies", but I found no hits in an internet search. thanks for your efforts in coming up with something.
  5. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
    Try these on for size. One requires you to make a cannabis tincture first, it's probably the best way to make cannabis candy without losing any THC due to the temperatures you have to reach to make candy.

Butterscotch Space Pops
    Maple Chronic Squares
  6. eMadman eMadman

• Since: Jan 15, 2005
    Have you considered Peanut Brittle with some peanut butter? It's not *exactly* hard candy, but it's candy-like and the regular stuff tastes alright.

There's a recipe here that should work well. There should be enough peanut butter, so all you'd have to do is mix in some ground herb.
  7. Quiltgrandma Quiltgrandma

• Since: May 23, 2011
    I am new to making edibles but have been working on hard candy. I am on my 2nd tincture and hopefully this one will be stronger. As soon as I get it right i will post how I did it.