Can't eat meat when stoned?

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by Warpcraze, Jun 30, 2006.

1. Warpcraze Warpcraze

• Since: Jun 25, 2006
    Anyone else have this problem? When I was eating a chicken sandwhich today while high, I keep feeling like I was chewing through the flesh of a dead animal, each time I thought of it, it disgusted me more and more to the point of me throwing the sandwhich out. When I'm sober I love chicken and other meats, anyone else have this problem?
  2. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    I live on meat basically, stoned or sober, so no, never had that problem, and don't forsee it ever happening to me. I know meat is the flesh of dead animals, and quite frankly, it doesn't bother me whatsoever. I grew up on a ranch where we raised beef cattle, so I've grown accustomed to the fact animals are raised for us to eat.
  3. tehbagel tehbagel

• Since: Aug 10, 2006
    Dude it IS the flesh of a dead animal. It's a primal instinct to eat meat, all of our ancestors did it. Our bodies are designed to digest flesh, simple as that.

ANYWAY, no. I have no problem eating meat, and I think there is no finer pleasure than a perfect steak. Mmm...
  4. FireChron420 FireChron420

• Since: May 4, 2006
    YES!!! the same thing just happened to me 2 days ago with chicken strips where i work...i LOVE meat...and when i was chewing this i just thought to myself, "This was alive at one point". Haha, i ate the rest of that one and threw the rest out....but the next day i got a spicy chicken sandwich at wendys :)
  5. Colonelcorn Colonelcorn

• Since: Nov 4, 2002
    This thread makes me crave flesh.
  6. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
    I had steak tonight :) If it wasn't for meat (protein) our brains wouldn't have evolved and developed the way they did.
  7. Yaznaki Yaznaki

• Since: May 1, 2005
    I have a problem eating plants....

I just keep thinking hell.. if I'm eating what I eat eats.. is something gonna come along and eat me?

I realise after I'm dead plenty of things will consume me, and many things are currently consuming me at the moment.... but you know what I meant in reality, I think.
  8. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    I don't have a problem eating meat at all. In fact, we went to KFC last night and got the 20 piece bucket so we could have leftovers! :)
  9. watto86 watto86

• Since: Nov 19, 2005
    Hell yes! Not only is it dead animal flesh. Its fuckin tasty!
  10. imported_SBsurferdude imported_SBsurferdude

• Surfing Fiend
    • Since: Mar 27, 2006
    to the OP mabye your mind just got creative and you started to imagine it being like nasty or something. i dont know how to say it but it made sense in my brain. :laugh: i say try it again but instead with like popcorn chicken or something rather then a big peace of meat.
  11. imported_Lebowski4Prez imported_Lebowski4Prez

• Fiend
    • Since: May 27, 2006
    I had 2 Big Mac's once when I was stoned...I hate Big Mac's now but I didn't have that feeling eating them...I can see how you would feel that way but it was probably just the strain you were smoking on...if it happens more than once than maybe you are subconsiously wanting to be a vegitarian;), or maybe your body just gets fucked up by the thought of eating meat when stoned...when your high there are plenty of good things to eat (may I suggest Alfredo Pasta) that don't involve meat...good luck:D
  12. Lit_Match Lit_Match

• Since: Dec 14, 2003
    Thats one of the things I don't understand. Every so often someone will lose their appetite when they are told they are eating a dead animal. Where is it exactly that you thought those meals where coming from your whole life? No offense, I suppose I'm a hard core realist, but I almost always acknowledge the source of my foods. For example, lobster is freaking delicious, but do you know what they eat, god it's horrible.
  13. imported_redeyejedi imported_redeyejedi

• - smokaholic -
    • Since: Feb 1, 2005
    Yeah, some people have those periods of "consciousness" where they think it's unnatural to eat meat. It's really not. What is unnatural, however, is some of the techniques used to get that meat you're eating. When an animal doesn't have any natural light, can't move a muscle due to confinement, and probably some equally horrible stuff, THAT is unnatural.

I took an environmental leadership course, and my teacher, who is the founder of a quite successful environment group, and one of the smartest people I know, said something that changed my perspective. He said that he would rather shoot a deer in the wild that lived a real life than buy meat in a supermarket where the cow might have been badly mistreated.

I don't really have a problem eating meat, though. It's too healthy and delicious.
  14. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    The only time that I can't eat meat while high is if it's shrimp. I love shrimp when I'm sober, but when I'm high, it's like extra slimey and stuff.
  15. dreamer dreamer

• Inclined to Isolate
    • Since: Oct 28, 2005
    i have no problem eating meat, ever. steak is my favourite food:drool:
    sometimes when i eat meat i do think about how im gnawing on dead animal flesh, and it really makes it better.
    if im stoned, then id prefer to have some meat.
  16. 90minuteIPA 90minuteIPA

• Subscriber
    • Since: Apr 27, 2006
    Actually our long digestive tracts are better suited for grains, vegetables and the like. I mean, we're clearly omnivores but eating too much meat can cause lower digestive tract disease among other things. I try to limit my poultry to once or twice a week max, eat seafood regularly (sushi is my biggest vice), and get plenty of legumes, yogurt, eggs and other foods rich in protein. I haven't eaten red meat since spring of 1998. Nothing like a nice clean colon.

Amen. from BDPs "Beef":
    "Let us begin now with the cow
    The way it gets to your plate and how
    The cow doesn't grow fast enough for man
    So through his greed he makes a faster plan
    He has drugs to make the cow grow quicker
    Through the stress the cow gets sicker
    Twenty one different drugs are pumped
    Into the cow in one big lump
    So just before it dies, it cries
    In the slaughterhouse full of germs and flies
    Off with the head, they pack it, drain it, and cart it
    And there it is, in your local supermarket
    Red and bloody, a corpse, neatly packed
    And you wonder about heart attacks?
    Come on now man let's be for real
    You are what you eat is the way I feel
    But, the Food and Drug Administration
    Will tell you meat is the perfect combination
    See cows live under fear and stress
    Trying to think what's gonna happen next
    Fear and stress can become a part of you
    In your cells and blood, this is true
    So when the cow is killed, believe it
    You preserve those cells, you freeze it
    Thaw it out with the blood and season it
    Then you sit down and begin eatin it
    In your body, it's structure becomes your structure
    All the fear and stress of another"
  17. Souke Souke

• Since: Apr 28, 2006
    when im stoned, I would MUCH rather prefer an apple or a fruit rather than a chicken breast.. usually thats just because its greasy and hard to eat and that annoys me. Whereas apples look delicious.. Ive never had wher eI couldn't eat it. I usually can't eat a whole thing unless im drunk.
  18. JRockHaze JRockHaze

• Since: Jun 15, 2005
    haha I went to popeyes last night and got a 20 piece bucket... I’m still about to explode. But yeah no problems eating meat although I have thought about it and I probably find it more appealing while not stoned. I just figure food is food and be grateful you have it.
  19. imported_JohnnyPotSmoker imported_JohnnyPotSmoker

• Since: May 26, 2005

You are not from this planet
  20. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    :rolleyes:
    I bet KRS-One never stepped foot on a cattle ranch in his entire life. I'm sorry, but an early 90's hip-hop tune, even if the album is called "Edutainment" isn't any substitute for real research into the matter. I personally take offense to that song,as it gives a totally distorted view of the cattle industry. My family raises beef cattle, and, other than vaccinations against disease, the animals aren't injected with anything. 100% all natural...are ther places that raise cattle like the song implies. Sure there is.....just like there are humans that rape, murder, molest children etc. Do you want to be lumped in with those type of people? Well, I don't want my family to be lumped in with the type of "factory farming" described in the song. Actually, all natural beef is commanding a much higher price these days, and more and more people in the industry are realizing this. Let me guess....you are a firm supporter of animal rights as well?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: