Carbonated/fermented weed tea?

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Abysmal, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Abysmal Abysmal

• Since: Jun 27, 2002
    I made some stem tea a couple months ago and stored it in some old soda bottles. A couple weeks ago, a friend opened it, and an unusual amount of carbonation was released. When it finally settled, my friend took a drink and said it tasted kinda like beer, so I took a sip. He was right. It took only a little bit of it to **** him up too, which was surprising. Does anyone have an idea how it could have carbonated and changed the flavor to beer? Is this fermentation?
  2. Mamabudz Mamabudz

• Since:
    Did you have sugar or other sweetner in it?

If so, you have the basics for a fermentation. Natural yeasts spores exisit in the air and would have been captured in the bottle. The sugar in the tea would have provided a source of "food" and the anaerobic metabolism of fermentation would have given off the by-product of CO2 thereby giving it carbonation...

Haven't heard of this before and believe it or not I don't know everything :rolleyes: ...but...hey...you may have re-discovered something there...

Be careful...and let us know how it goes...

Try not to kill yourself okay?
  3. Abysmal Abysmal

• Since: Jun 27, 2002
    Actually, a couple/few spoonfuls of honey.... didn' t know that could happen though. :confused:
  4. Leatcher Leatcher

• Since: Jun 18, 2002
    hmmm....beer

You mind telln us the recipe:p
  5. Mamabudz Mamabudz

• Since:
    You made Marijuana Mead!

So...the results???? Taste? High? Expiring Minds Want To Know!