cbn?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by MrProtein, Mar 6, 2005.

1. MrProtein MrProtein

• Since: Jan 20, 2005
    is it the cbn that is responsible for the body high feel good tingles and muscle twitches. is the reason that their is not much of a body high from a sativa because it is lower in cbn?

or is thc involved in the body high
  2. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
    I think you are confusing CBN with CBD (or at least not realizing that there is CBD involved):

Sativas are generally higher in THC to CBD ratios, which gives a sativa the "clear, energetic, head high" that a lot of people love, while and indica is the body high that gives us the term "stoned."

A plant that is high in CBD will reduce that "head high" effect of THC, which is why lower grade cannabis like mid-grades and schwag, which have little THC and more CBD/CBN give you a different high and (if you have ever noticed) a bigger case of the munchies than something like a sativa or a good sativa/indica mix.

CBN is a result of THC degradation (storing bud, exposure to light and air). It's "mildly" psychoactive and results in the sedative and stupefying effect.

CBD is what medical patients look for, it's the part of the plant responsible for the munchies, for falling asleep, or numbness and pain relief, and a host of other benefits. It's the reason why using a vaporizer gives you a different high than smoking a joint of the same bud, as more CBD is taken in verse a joint or other method, making it ideal for patients.

3. MrProtein MrProtein

higherlogic

ya looks like i had my facts mixed up. basically, i really enjoy the stoned body high feeling best. just trying to figure out what is responsible for being stoned over the clear energetic head high so i know what to look for when purchasing.

i have been reading up a little bit. enough to know that indica more physical

thanks by the way
  4. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    The only way you are going to know what you are getting when you purchase is if you know the grower and what strain he was using, otherwise you'll never really know completely. If you can recognize an indica, sativa, and indica/sativa mix just by looking at the bud though you should be pretty close. There are threads on determining what features to look for (like sparse buds, dense buds, longer leaves, flatter leaves, broader leaves, etc.) but someone familiar with bud should learn it pretty quickly.

Now, back to the Sun's game! GO PHOENIX!
  5. MrProtein MrProtein

so is indica considered to be lower quality or cheaper than sativa? that was another question i had
  6. teufelfisch teufelfisch

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Jan 14, 2003
    It all depends on how you grow it. There are some really good strains of sativa, and there are really good strains of indica. An experienced grower can get the most out of either.

Generally, though, sativas are more suited to the techniques and environment of outdoor growing. Pot grown outdoors is usually of lower quality than pot grown indoors, because the grower has less control.

Most of the weed out there is actually a mix of sativa and indica, also known as skunk. Different combinations produce different results.
  7. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    It depends on what kind of high you want. I wouldn't say it's lower quality, because some people don't like the energetic high. It is a lot easier to grow an indica though, it takes a good grower to master the art of thou wonderful sativa ;) I'm a sativa guy, I don't like being couch-locked, groggy, tired, and laden with the munchies.