Chemical Constituents of Cannabis

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by CheebaMonkey, Jul 17, 2003.

1. dirtbomb dirtbomb

• Hippie
    • Since: Sep 1, 2008

That's some Spicy looking South African Bud!:D
  2. Hairy_Pothead_RN Hairy_Pothead_RN

• Since: Sep 5, 2008
    It was interesting to learn some of the different chemical compounds in marijuana. I am wondering what happens to these chemicals as they are burned and inhaled. Are they really less harmfull than ciggarettes?
  3. Plainsman1963 Plainsman1963

• Since: Jul 19, 2002
    clever use of novel terminology there mr. logic!
  4. Plainsman1963 Plainsman1963

• Since: Jul 19, 2002
    So, does anyone but Pompo Gray win sack of the month??
  5. dorothy dorothy

• Since: Sep 12, 2008

WOW! It exactly resembles the X-Mas tree.
  6. SleepyJohn SleepyJohn

• Since: Jan 15, 2009
    I've seen a list, similar to this, only they had the Various Vaporizing temperatures, for the different components! I realize, this is just an old version,of "What's in It". As You've mentioned, they've added to your list. Too bad there's Not enough of it for scientists, to pick apart,and, find different elements,and compounds. Catch 22
  7. Knowledge Knowledge

• Since: Dec 31, 2008
    Wow guys,

Lots of great information on this post. However, I do wonder if some of the evolutionary processes of how chemicals are not only incorporated into the chemical make up of a plant but also removed from a plant when no longer necissary for survival in an ever changing world.

Just a though about not only what these chemicals do but why they are there and where they came from.

-Knowledge
  8. freidqing freidqing

• Since: Sep 26, 2007
    They have nothing to do with that. The steroids in cannabis are described as phytosterols which are found in plants you eat, such as wheat. They're not bad for your health, and as that page describes, can actually be beneficial for you:
    • Prevent heart disease
    • Ease enlarged prostate
    • Calm inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis
    • Control blood sugar in diabetes
    Smoking pot does not cause sterility in males. It's just a myth
  9. LukeyBabyt LukeyBabyt

• Since: Jul 3, 2008
    It was interesting to learn some of the different chemical compounds in marijuana. I am wondering what happens to these chemicals as they are burned and inhaled. Are they really less harmfull than ciggarettes?
  10. PoweredByPot PoweredByPot

• Since: Oct 4, 2009
    are thoese chemicals that exist in the plant, or just the smokable buds? What chemicals are in the smoke? I want to know what im inhaling.
  11. jamejsmith jamejsmith

• Since: Oct 6, 2011
    Good post..You have shared chemical constituents of cannabis which I think is good reason that people must use this as medical remedy.

Cannabis is proven to be very helpful in curing cancer and many other diseases.
  12. JaneOme JaneOme

• Since: Jan 18, 2012
    Can we find more Chemical Constituents?

The launch of the Jane-Ome iPad Application, can include everyone in the science of Cannabis. We have already discovered new pathways and new cannabinoids that we detail on the Jane-Ome application ... get involved and let us know what you would like us to look for.
  13. AstroCoaster AstroCoaster

• Since: Nov 2, 2009
    ^ ^ Unless you have a pharmacutical list book with the chemical constituets of cannabis, and it's analogs, along with other THC drug designs that hasn't been uploaded for somebody to read and then wright about on the internet, I dought you'll read about any new subjects relating to the chemistry of cannabis.

How does Molecular Orbital Theory relate to THC... ? lol !