Common Recipe Failures - "How To *Not* Waste Weed" 101

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Arsenal, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Purpose420 Purpose420

• Since: Feb 17, 2007
    I ate a half of a devils food bunt cake out of some ABV and wand hash, the buzz was intense.
  2. CheefinReefer CheefinReefer

• Since: Nov 14, 2008

Hey,
    This is kinda late, but oh well..

YES you CAN make MJ Grilled Cheeses! I used an 8th of Jack Herrer, but you don't have to use that much. I was fucked up for like 6 hours. BUT ANYWHO, take your kind buds and grind them into a powder using a coffee grinder. Butter the outside pieces of bread. Put the bread butter side down in the pan, add the cheese that you like and then put your powdered buds on top and then lastly put your other piece of bread on to make the sandwich butter side out. Now just cook to serve. Give the high about 10 mins after you eat for it to kick in. Enjoy!
    1 people like this.
  3. chimneysmoka chimneysmoka

• Since: Jan 20, 2009
    This may be a DUMB question but i want to put some weed in my Quiche! has any1 ever tried?
  4. KushLovin KushLovin

• Since: Feb 19, 2009
    keep in mind, nothing is ever a dumb question.
    possibly put it in the cheese maybe or just make canabutter.
  5. Big_Blazian Big_Blazian

• Since: Mar 23, 2009
    I'm sure that as long as you cook the weed in whatever oil is required, you'll be good. That actually sounds really good... I might just have to try that.
  6. Jerome Jerome

• Since: Mar 20, 2009
    BROWNIES (EASY METHOD)
    6 tablespoons cocoa
    1/4 cup butter
    1 cup sugar
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/3 cup flour
    1 cup toasted pecans (optional)
    2 eggs

can anyone please tell me how much gamja i should use for this recipe??
    ive been looking on line for a while but i cant figure it out....if anyone knows please sayy
  7. Texas Toker Texas Toker

• Since: Apr 9, 2009

well since your recipe has such a small amount of flour I would use cannabutter and use also about 3 grams of good stuff. Also seperate the egg yolks from the whites, mix the warm (not hot ) butter with the yolks then whip the egg whites and fold the whites in with the 2-3 grams. hope it works!! enjoy.
  8. IxStayxBLazed IxStayxBLazed

• Since: Nov 15, 2008
    How many would This serve?
  9. iGanja iGanja

• Since: Aug 5, 2009

im pretty sure you can do that but youd have to just put the leaves in the water
  10. teyber teyber

• Since: Aug 8, 2009
    great post. just answered all my questions on edibles, i messed up several of these steps today...
  11. chronicflower chronicflower

• Since: Mar 21, 2010
    Alright, so I'm making brownies for me and one or two others.. And I want us to get fairly high but not have to eat a whole friggin batch of brownies yanno? so I think I'm going to cut the brownie recipe and make about half of a batch, but I've never done this before and I'm not sure how much bud I'll need to use to get pretty potent brownies. Any suggestions?
    1 people like this.
  12. 1956 1956

• Since: Jul 23, 2008
    Figure on about .2-.5 grams of herb per brownie. Depends on the herb quality and how stoned you want to get. Get a brownie recipe or mix, calculate what percentage of the total you want to make, and make a corresponding amount of butter or oil.

For example; if you want to make a 1/3 of a batch, mix everything but the weed or oil, weigh, or measure with a cup the mix, and put 1/3 of it into another bowl. Use the same process for your weed butter/oil, if the recipe calls for a stick, make a 1/3 of a stick of canna butter, maybe about a teaspoon extra because you will loose a little pouring from one container to another.

Next find a small pan, perhaps a small bread loaf pan, or use a muffin tin and make small brownie muffins. Keep an eye on your cooking, a smaller batch will cook a little faster and you do not want to burn or vape your product. Cook at less than 350degrees.

I am something of a broken record on this but you might just consider firecrackers, there is a very time proven recipe on this site and a lot of weed gets wasted with culinary experimentation. Baking/cooking weed into various foods seems very sexy and exotic but why not use a sure thing.
    1 people like this.
  13. Roxy Roxy

• Since: Oct 25, 2010
    If you have a lot of swag ...
    We did, and had no clue how to cook but wanted to make some brownies fast and this method worked, it may have wasted a lot, who knows, but the people who ate two cookies ended up feeling stuck to the floor watching the "stars" on the ceiling and laughing for hours.

(also we didn't end up having boxed brownies but we had Betty Crocker Peanut Butter Cookies YUMMO! They actually tasted GOOD!)

So we took the weed and put lots of buds in the blender, didn't really clean them much, took out the big timbers but that's about it.

Blended that up until it was powder, or mostly powder, as much flour like as we could get it.

Put all the blended up weed in a hand held sifter and sifted just slightly under one cup of weed flour from it.

We made up the cookie mix according to package directions and added the cup of weed flour to the cookie mixture. We added about 4 to 8 tablespoons more milk to get the week flour absorbed into the cookie dough and get the cookie dough as moist as it was before the addition of the weed flour. Then needed it until it was all the same color of green.

Put it by spoonfull onto cookie sheet and cooked it according to package directions, golden brown around edges but with all the greeness it is a little bit harder to see the browning, but look close you can see it.

When they were done they were so green and the apartment reaked to the sky!!!!!!!! It smelled overwhelmingly!! We were sure the smell was going through the walls into the other apartments.

Once cookies cool add the peanut butter frosting on the cookies that came in the package.

I ate one and a half of these cookies, it took 10 to 15 min to start feeling it but at 30 min in I was seeing double. The carpet had another layer of see through carpet above it about 6 inches, it felt like walking in the snow and walking under water. I would eat half of one next time. The hard part was with the icing on they were so good, you wanted to keep eating them up. You could taste the weed for sure but it tasted good. It was a pretty freaking funny and long night, it lasted for a hours and hours and hours.
  14. smokedsober420 smokedsober420

• Since: Nov 8, 2010
    Ha I just made the worst pot butter!!! I wish I would have cam and read this first
  15. Wiconi Wiconi

• Since: Jan 8, 2011
    Being that I do a lot of canning, I have an alternate method of double boiling that is both totally odor proof and works like a dream!

I put my bud (TOTALLY ground as fine as can be) in my butter, add water to equal the butter volume, and put the whole shebang in a quart-sized mason jar with the lid on. I put that in my water bath (a big soup pot with a lid and washcloth on the bottom - to keep the jar from cracking against the bottom of the pot works fine) and I simmer for an hour, taking it out and shaking it about every 15 min.

When I'm done - this method makes "reclaiming and filtering" easy too. Just put the jar in the fridge, UPSIDE-DOWN. let cool, and the budder is now at the "bottom" and the liquid pours off. Reheat the budder just to liquid and pour through cheesecloth or a strainer to get the "bumps" out - and you've got it.

This makes separating the oil and water easy, keeps the smell locked away from nosey noses and clean up is a snap.

I have never had any issues whatsoever. My budder is as good as any I have ever had. Maybe even beter.
    4 people like this.
  16. gregorio gregorio

• Since: Feb 12, 2011
    need some help!!!!!

hi!! i just got the news i can't smoke anymore! ive stopped smoking cigerates now i have to stop smoking weed! and i dont want to lol i am very new to this and have no idea how to cook with pot so i was wondering if u can help me out id like to make tea if u have some time to help me i would appreciate it very much! thanks L
  17. Farmgirl11 Farmgirl11

• Since: Feb 21, 2011
    Wow, what a great idea! Hubby got up to pee at 3am and pitched a bitch about the smell of my bud butter in the little crock pot, he thought the house was on fire. (He's so full of it, he couldn't smell dog shit properly if he fell face first into it. My bud wasn't burning at all) This is my first time making bud butter. The house no longer smells, but the frig does! LOL After wringing out all I could possibly get out of the cheesecloth, I wasn't about to waste a bit, so I sucked on it (salted butter improves the taste..lol) and I have a nice buzz going! I think I'll go shovel some snow while waiting on it to firm up!

*update* I got a good cup of cannabutter out of 14 grams of pot, 1 cup of water and 2 sticks of butter! I made a bag out of a bunch of layers of cheesecloth, strained it thru and tied it shut with a twist tie. After I had squeezed out all I could, I heated a pan of fresh water to simmering and set the bag in it and mooshed it around, then squeezed it out again. Then I repeated it again. I put this in a separate bowl to cool, to see how much more I retrieved and it worked out pretty good! Definitely worth the extra trouble. Now I'm gonna see how good it is...I still have a buzz from earlier and I just melted about a teaspoon in some hot spaghetti sauce and ate it. Think I'll be couch locked this evening?? : )
  18. gottalovethepot gottalovethepot

• Since: Mar 23, 2011
    need your opinion!!!

ok so i made some dank rice krispy treats and i know i used enough pot and it was 20% thc... so ive sold some to a few of my friends and i have had three people that were just done like fucked up for like a solid 6 hours. but i also had one kid who felt it but only for like an hour and not much of a high and finally a kid who didnt feel anything. So i did some research online and i found out that if you have a high metabolism that it might show some to no side effects and my buddies were really excited to get the edible experience. so my question is if you know any way that they can experience the edibles? Thanks for the help
  19. Purpose420 Purpose420

• Since: Feb 17, 2007
    I'm trying a little something and ill fill you in on the details as go, but I've cooked up four grams of what I call dank (OG kush) and regular vegetable oil in a crock pot. I put it on low for about four hours, and now I'm letting it sit for a week. I expect the potency to be somewhat strong I could be wrong. But the first batch of THC pills weren't a complete failure. Ya I'm kind of excited about being able to ingest it this way also. It has completely changed my sisters outlook on medical usage, she doesn't approve of smoking it.
  20. n0va59 n0va59

• Since: Aug 2, 2011
    great thread...I have been making canabutter for about a year now using my avb and topping up with some fresh herb as well, and yes it is extremly important to cook it long enough to extract all the thc cause 1 time I hadn't, so I re cooked the mash using oil and wow that oil wasn't green but it was potent. The butter I had made 1st got all the green color and the oil that i cooked with the mash from the butter wasn't hardly green at all but I got wrecked from itohhhh one more thing I wanted to add was although not common you can use TOO much weed and reach the saturation point of your fat (butter) or oil and end up wasting thc that hasn't been absorbed because the fat is already saturated. I know there are charts that list the saturation points of different fats. I will try to find the link and post it here

Attached Files: