Consequences of Mail Order

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by negaDuck, Jan 12, 2006.

1. negaDuck negaDuck

• straight rollin'
    • Since: Dec 15, 2005
    Ok, I've spent tha better part of two days searching for info on this subject, couldn't find any, and broke down deciding to start my first, very own thread. I've heard so much about various online dealers, customs letters, and success stories from people I trust, such as moderators on this very site...but noone has said anything about what could happen other than a customs letter.

I am hoping that Niteshift or Phuzz, or even troublemaker can just lay it out for all of us "mail order virgins", so we can make a wise decision based on hard facts from either an LEO or someone with a CJ degree. My wife says it sounds too good to be true, and I agree, but it sounds on tha level. I just want to know what I'm facing so I can weigh tha consequences against tha benefits.

I appreciate you all taking tha time to read this and rest assured that tha search tool was THOROUGHLY used...if i missed tha info I'm requesting here, please point me in tha right direction.

Thanks,
    Nega
  2. rick rick

• Since: Oct 13, 2000
    Welcome!
    I'm sure you'll find the info you need - I'll try to point NS in this direction.

~r
  3. Cassius Cassius

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Sep 3, 2006
    If you use a false name, I think the risks are minimal... the first time.

If they do intercept your package, you will get a letter from Customs or whatnot saying your package was confiscated due to contraband, or something along those lines. At that point, I don't think you have much to worry about if you used a false name, because anybody could have ordered it and had it shipped to your mailbox.

Of course, if you order multiple times, and it gets intercepted more than once... that could be a very different story.

At least, that's my take on the risk. There may be factors I am unaware of.
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    I'm curious about this business of getting a letter from Customs. If they don't have your real name, how do they send you a letter? If they send you a letter with someone else's name on it, wouldn't you be violating federal law by opening it? Or do they send the letter to "Occupant"?
  5. Cassius Cassius

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Sep 3, 2006
    Either could be true, I guess. I've never had the pleasure of getting a letter, fortunately =). They might send it to the name, so yes you would be breaking federal law by opening it. Or they might send it to the address, with no name on it at all. "A package was intercepted sent to this address"
  6. king cola king cola

• Since: Mar 7, 2004
    I don't know if your talking about ordering seeds or ordering a little marijuana. One of my friends was talkin to me about marijuana seeds in the mail. He had told me that sometimes what customs do is send a letter and tell the person that they have to show up to get their letter. If this is true, what that means is that if you show up, that's how they get you. I never heard of anyone bein busted for seeds though. He just said if you ever get a letter sayin to pick up something and you ordered something illegal, just throw the letter away and don't do it.
  7. oneluv4boognish oneluv4boognish

• Since: Nov 13, 2005
    Only thing i can say that i know is that if it's something concerning the mail....and i mean the USPS....that's federal...if there were charges they'd be on a federal level..not a state or local level. I hear Leavenworth is a *****....or they make you their *****....either way...why not just find someone local to buy from? Dealers are everywhere...just seems like a risk i'd never want to take.
  8. TheNewGuy TheNewGuy

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    All they do is send a customs letter to the address that the intercepted parcel was being sent to, because if the name is even slightly altered, they can't prove it was really you. Even if its your real name, they can't prove that someone didn't do it to frame you (might have trouble proving that in court) or the person who really ordered it just typed the wrong address. My friend/dealer orders MJ online and has never had a problem (been doing it for about a year now, one package every month or so). Just alter your name.

Worst you will get because of Mail Order Marijuana is a customs letter unless its over a quarter pound (which would indicate you were going to resell it). If you get caught actually buying it from a guy on the street, theres no way you could convince the judge you "thought it was catnip". Also, some people (like me) live in areas where dealers aren't to be found anywhere. Even worse, some people who use it medicinally need higher strength weed, and that might be hard/impossible to come by regularly on the street. There are actually many good reasons to purchase online, and believe it or not its actually safer.
  9. negaDuck negaDuck

• straight rollin'
    • Since: Dec 15, 2005
    Hey, Thanks for tha help, everyone...I truly appreciate it. Yeah, I'm talkin about buds, not seeds, tho I have been reading on tha cultivation forums... :lookaroun :idea: :angel:

Niteshift, Phuzz, or Troublemaker42...If you have tha time to read and respond to this I would truly appreciate tha educated info. If it helps, I live in IL.

Thanks for tha warm welcom, Rick...I LOVE this site!!! :toocool:

EDIT: thinking more about this whole cultivation thing, are tha consequences any different if I order seeds or bud?? I know that both are probably bad ideas, but I'd like to know...ya know?
  10. oneluv4boognish oneluv4boognish

Wow i thought even in the sticks there were dealers....and i also thought the consequence was worse.
  11. TheNewGuy TheNewGuy

Its easy to prove that someone is buying pot when you get busted accepting a baggie from someone, but its hard to prove that someone actually ordered mj online because the cop wasn't there to see the person ordering it. More importantly though, I've never heard of someone being busted for trying to order less than a qp, and the only case I've actually read about was someone who would transport pounds at a time (a whole ring operated by shipping thier product USPS :D). So again, its statistically safer when you consider the fact that you don't even have to get in your car do drive out and get it.

As for having dealers in the sticks, I just live in a weird area. Thats why I buy it at cost from a guy who orders it online. The dankest bud available to mankind, all the time :D

And for Nega, don't worry man, its the same with seeds. Worse case scenario they just send a letter saying that they intercepted a parcel heading to your address. I'd worry alot more about someone busting your 10 fully mature skunky ladies more than ordering the seeds. You can read up about that on the security section of Hempcultivation.com though. Have fun, and be safe!
  12. oneluv4boognish oneluv4boognish

I guess my question is how it wouldn't be traced back to you...how is it paid for?
  13. TheNewGuy TheNewGuy

E-gold. No paper trail. Go to thier website (google it) to learn about it. You don't pay in a way thats traceable.
  14. oneluv4boognish oneluv4boognish

Interesting....i'd be so scared that the feds would bang down my door...i'm so paranoid to begin with.

Let me ask you this though...how do you know you're getting the real thing? And even if it is the real thing how do you know it's worth a damn?

And i checked this thing out...maybe it's just that it's late or maybe it's that i'm stupid...but how do you put money into this e-gold thing?
  15. TheNewGuy TheNewGuy

Ummm...heh, I smoke it. If I get high, its really marijuana! I know its worth its price (cheaper than mids in my area!!) because I get obliterated by it.

Unless you mean how do I know specifically if its really what its advertised to be ("White Rhino" or "Hindu Kush" or whatever), well, you don't really "know". Its worse on the street though in that regard. PM me if you want more info. I don't wanna get into specifics publicly.
  16. xbhack xbhack

• Since: Mar 4, 2006
    m.o.m.

I'm new to the board, but i was hoping someone could email me about the m.o.m subject..many thanks in advance..xbhack@gmail.com
  17. seadog seadog

• Since: May 29, 2006
    Hello everyone. I just joined this site. From what I have read so far there is a lot of great info on here. I found this by googling "can I get busted because my marijuana seeds were intercepted". I ordered 10 seeds from an Amsterdam site about a month ago and they haven't arrived yet so I am thinking (and worrying) that they were probably intercepted somewhere. Would customs be the only possible place that would have intercepted them? I didn't get a letter from customs yet. Do I have anything to worry about? I did use my real name and address. I didn't even think about using a fake name. I have thought that the cops may show up at my door with a search warrant because of these seeds. Would they legally be able to search my house? This would not be good.
  18. i2ain2t i2ain2t

• Since: May 6, 2006
    Well about those legal buds, You can't get punished in any way right? Like the Customs Officical can't seize legal buds that look like illegal drugs?
  19. replica replica

• Since: Aug 13, 2005
    Basically customs can take whatever they want, hell you may never know. But no, they will more than likely not take your "legal bud" because it is NOT marijuana.
  20. Pure.uk Pure.uk

• Since: Jul 5, 2006
    I've provided MoM within the UK for some time now, and the best idea for receivers is to put the previous homeowners name on the envelope instead of yours, that way if the cops turn up you can pretend it was for the person that owned the house before you.
    Pure.uk